PDA

View Full Version : little help with jetting

leasureryan
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Okay....trying to figure out which jetts to use with the following upgrades that I am about to preform. I have stock jetts now. I'm going to put on a DG pipe, FMF Turbine core 2 silencer, remove air box lid, replace reeds with Vito's carbon flex reeds and a spacer, Rick's Hot Shot CDI box, Uni filter with outerware. I know that is letting alot more air flow flow happen, so how much fuel should I be pushin' in this thing?

Also, if you think that I should use something differant from this combination, or have suggestions for me, let me hear it. Tryin' to give it a little sac, and keep it on a budget.

Thanks in advance

Modifly
01-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Okay....trying to figure out which jetts to use with the following upgrades that I am about to preform. I have stock jetts now. I'm going to put on a DG pipe, FMF Turbine core 2 silencer, remove air box lid, replace reeds with Vito's carbon flex reeds and a spacer, Rick's Hot Shot CDI box, K&N filter with outerware. I know that is letting alot more air flow flow happen, so how much fuel should I be pushin' in this thing?

Also, if you think that I should use something differant from this combination, or have suggestions for me, let me hear it. Tryin' to give it a little sac, and keep it on a budget.

Thanks in advance

DG exhaust system has to be the worst upgrade exhaust you can get (sorry if thewy sponsor this forum but its true)

Removing air box lid - good

the reeds and spacer are fine but personally i would go with v-force reeds on a stock cage with the spacer on the inside.

ricks hot shot cdi - never heard of it, im quite interested to know a little more on that..

and finally the k&n, after long nights in the garage rebuilding motors from the sh*t k&n have let in, in my view installing one is not a wise move!

i would recommend - A Factory 7 exhaust system, Uni Filter with the airbox lid removed, v force reeds and a 1/4 inch spacer.

then with jetting for that setup id say work down from 310/300.

(while your doing that you could chuck in a fresh wiseco piston and rings and gaskets to make it run crisp and last longer :) )

leasureryan
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks.

Well the DG exhuast was already on the bike when I bought it. Could you explain why they suck? Not buying a new pipe though....so it stays.

Will get a uni instead of K&N, and Vito's makes these carbon flex reeds specificly for the stock reed box. What would the differance be between that and the v force reeds?

I hate wiesco....vitos makes a superstock piston that suposedly boosts HP by 5-6hp. May go with this one.

Thanks for the help so far.

Modifly
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Thanks.

Well the DG exhuast was already on the bike when I bought it. Could you explain why they suck? Not buying a new pipe though....so it stays.

Will get a uni instead of K&N, and Vito's makes these carbon flex reeds specificly for the stock reed box. What would the differance be between that and the v force reeds?

I hate wiesco....vitos makes a superstock piston that suposedly boosts HP by 5-6hp. May go with this one.

Thanks for the help so far.

DG have the same bend as the stock one and are very bad performance wise, go to projectblaster and ask any of the guys there..

yeh.. go for the Uni, alot easier to clean aswell! if they are made for the stock boots then go with the vitos reeds, and the vitos spacer i used and is good.

Can you explain to me why exactly you hate wiseco? They are the best piston providers out there. (stock pistons are actually good aswell!)

PLEASE do not get that Vitos piston, they have machined domes which cause a whole load of problems and screw up your engine do to the "retarded detonation" they cause. they are crap and not worth $1! I have seen so many noobs put them in there engine thinking they will be great, and 2 days laters is back having another piston fitted. or worse.

hope i cleared afew things up for you fella!

leasureryan
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
well....no vito's piston I guess....lol. I just had ton's of problems with wiesco back when I owned my CR125R.....constant problems. May be differant these days, that was years ago though.

I'll look at wiesco offers....maybe get something better than stock

Thanks again

Modifly
01-23-2008, 01:26 AM
yeh no worries, i have always used wiseco in my blaster engines from full blown race engines to stock motors and they do work very well.. its like with any engine, you build it correct it will last you a long time.

Could i ask about this Rick's Hot Shot CDI box and what it is?

leasureryan
01-23-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.atvsource.com/articles/product_reviews/2007/091107_blaster_performance_upgrades_for_penny_pinc hers.htm

There is the link to the review. Supposed to spark better, and 1000 rpm's.....but evidently....they are fake, or are they real???

Read my new thread about rick's, and help me find out!

As for wiseco's web catalog.....what a nightmare! Can't even see it....they get my vote for "Most crappy web design" . I don't even know what my choices are.....because I couldn't SEE what they were selling. The lettering of the catalog barely fit into one pixle on my screen. How the F are you supposed to be able to see that?

Modifly
01-23-2008, 01:45 PM
haha ok..

just call up your local parts supplier, he should been a wiseco dealer or get hold of one for you.. just tell him your bore size and order one to fit :)

yeh il check it out :)

leasureryan
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
okay.....the Boysen reeds I bought say that it tends to richen the pilot, and lean the main......so, my question is, when removing the stock air box lid, adding a uni filter, 1/2" reed spacer, and the DG pipe, stock silencer, what should I bump my jetts up to? Stock is 240 main, I have purchased a 250,260,270, & 280 main jet. I will be getting a differant exhuast, but which jett should I use for now just with what I have listed? Boysen say to bump up one size pilot, and go down 1-3 jett sizes on main, but that is for a completely stock bike. Think I could get away with using a stock main with all this done seeing as how the reeds bring the jetts down, air flow brings it up, does that cancel out, or make it even if you will????? I hate jetting!

leasureryan
01-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Just took it for a spin without screwing with the jetts yet. I know they will need messed with, but I had to try it. Actually it didn't run bad at all, maybe a little low, mid range bogging, but not bad at all.

All I know is, they weren't bull ****ing when they say "More air= more power" on a 2-stroke. These few cheap easy to install parts really open it up, and makes for one MEAN little bumble bee!

leasureryan
02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
okay....got a problem now. As I was messing with the jetts....I was told to jump like 3-4 sizes in main jett. It had a 230 in it from stock setting. I put the reeds and reed spacer in, removed the air box lid, new Uni 2 stage filter, junk DG pipe, with stock silencer.

NOW....boysen reeds say in the directions that these reeds will make it run lean on pilot, rich on main. They suggest going DOWN 1 size main, and up 1 size in pilot. Local honda store gave me the wrong pilot, so I left the pilot stock at what I belive is 32.5. Will be getting a bigger one tomarrow. I also got jetts from 240-280. Since Boysen said to go down 1 main jett size, I figured I would only have to go up a couple instead of 4. So I went from 230 main BEFORE the parts....to a 250 main after. I took it for a spin, and was going to chop the plug to see if it was lean or rich. Still acted like it wanted more fuel from the main, cutting out at full throtle. So I bumped up to the 280...which is 5 sizes bigger than stock. When I took it for a spin again....seemed like it was running great, getting plenty of fule, but then the piston seized in the sleeve for a split second, locking up the rear wheels and killing the engine. I pulled the clutch in, and rolled, poped the clutch out slowly, and it acted like it never seized up, just fired right back up. I just shut it off, and pushed it home. The piston is not seized in the sleeve, and turns over very very easy. The guy who owned the Blaster before me said he owned it the whole time, and I don't think the top end has ever been rebuilt. Maybe once. It still has stock piston and everthing. Question is...what should I do. I don't really want to bore it out. Just want good crisp compression. Also, what size jett should I use? Should I go more than 5 sizes (280) up? Should I just put new rings in it and see how it reacts? I just don't want to put a new stock size piston and rings in it is it is going to need honed or bored .25 over. Then I will have to buy 2 piston and rings. I might just try the rings first. Let me know what you think????????

Oh yeah....I also accidenlty pulled the oil injection line off while re jetting. I put it back on before I took it for a test spin, but the fuel in the carb just did't feel, look, smell like it had any oil mix in it. I went ahead and removed the plastic gear, oil lines, and oil tank from the Blaster, and am just going to mix my own fuel. I think this may also have contributed to the piston seizing. Also didn't notice as much smoke from the exhuast as I useualy do.

ngarbe561
09-25-2008, 10:57 PM
to determine the jetting is gana depend on the elevatio and temp if i whant it to have a sack u whant it to be jeeted on the line of safe and about to f@#$in blow up what u need is a kill switch a long a@# staright get on it run it through as many gears as u can keep it woond up hit the switch pullin the clucth and left off the gas as soon as the engine kills the plug should be a carmel brown if u whant it to be a lil lean wich is dangures it should have alil whit if the inside of the plug is a snow whit u need to put a richer jet in if its black put a smaller 1 in and dont use the bosyen reeds unless there carbon on my race blaster wich is uasly set a lil to lean i would go thru a set of those reeds per day becuse when they r run lean the tend to back fire a lil wich puts presure on the reeds and will couse tehm to break

ngarbe561
09-25-2008, 10:59 PM
also run a 32:1 oil ratio