PDA

View Full Version : James Stewart

jrspawn
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Well most of you probably know and heard of the mysterious knee injury. I posted it another post about my view on it all. Bassically i think its a BS line/excuse. Theres TOO many things that dont add up.

He stated at the start of the season he was more than 100%, practicing his butt off, and motivated with the new trainer. Now he states he was never 100% and wrecked in december and hasnt been practicing AT ALL. Whats up with that?

Another thing, if his knee was hurt, wouldnt he be racing at least with a brace? and he seemed to pick the bike back up and get going pretty quick with his wreck in the first round(and wrecking in practice).

And did anyone else find his interview Very, well lack of better words, shady? I really couldnt see or believe what he was saying. It felt and sounded like it just wasnt right.

finally, anyone notice on the podium he Hasnt been drinking and promoting monster? Kind of wierd.

Well, i found this today in Several other forums and thought wow, coincedence?

Again, i could be totally wrong. But i still say there is something fishy going on here!

"Heres a funny story...

Allegedly James and his dad where in Monsters offices this week trying to sort out their contract...James wanted 1.4 million for the season or he was going to walk from supercross and let Chad, who is no longer on unbound who is owned by monster, win...totally pissing off monster so they don’t have a sponsorship on the champion of the “Monster Energy Supercross”, In theory a nice bargaining chip, Monster told James 1.2 million or forget it...

James and His dad reportedly told the VP of Marketing at Monster to go F$%k himself. He told them where to stick it and no we get to A2...

He showed up late for the show, didnt do the press conference on Thursday, didn’t do more than two laps in each practice, and he developed a "knee injury" that took him out of the Supercross season...

Is this what racing has become?"

jesseweaver
01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
i think something fishy is goin on too. it doesnt all add up. and if your knee feels sore, your not gonna say you're out for what is it, about 4 or 5 months right away. especially since he didnt have any tests or anything done to it when they said hes done. id bet hes not gonna race outdoors either. i just lost a lot of respect for him.

jrspawn
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Exactly. NO ONE in their right mind can sit there and say that if james was really hurt before the season that as HUGE as of investment all his sponsors have into him that they wouldnt have had it checked out, diagnosed, and recovery plan setup. THE STORY DOES NOT ADD UP HERE! I never was a stewart fan, but i respect every racer. BUT, if this all is true, i have lost all my respect for him also. None the less he lied to all his fans already.

Thank you
Justin

my88r
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
mx has sure changed from the days of Bob Hannah.lol:p

trx400EXtreme
01-21-2008, 07:43 PM
well, he's turning into one of "those people" who thinks for example, like said above, 1.2 mill is not enough to keep him satisfied. once they see money they just get more and more greedy and if things dont go there way thet whine about it.

BlaineKaiser450
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM
yea i believe this story and not his. I was wondering why he didnt have any more monsters on the podium. Also, how could he not be satisfied with 1.2 mil? I would be happy with 10 grand :eek2: :rolleyes:

rollie
01-21-2008, 07:52 PM
in a racer X press confrence, one of the reporters asked him what the knee injury consisted of, he replied something like "im not gonna get into that, i just messed it up pretty bad"

deffintely sounds like something shady is going on

Crazy lil punk
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
well, he's turning into one of "those people" who thinks for example, like said above, 1.2 mill is not enough to keep him satisfied. once they see money they just get more and more greedy and if things dont go there way thet whine about it.

1.2mil from just ONE sponsor to do something that we all LOVE to do, and he is not satisfied. He is a disgrace..

I haven't liked him from the beggining, I think he is cocky and this is just an example of his cocky-ness. I also feel he is a wreckless rider. Bring back Ricky, bring back McGrath, bring back TP, bring the FUN back please!

trx400EXtreme
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
1.2mil from just ONE sponsor to do something that we all LOVE to do, and he is not satisfied. He is a disgrace..

I haven't liked him from the beggining, I think he is cocky and this is just an example of his cocky-ness. I also feel he is a wreckless rider. Bring back Ricky, bring back McGrath, bring back TP, bring the FUN back please! yea no lie. ever since stewart has been racing it's pretty much obvious who's gonna win. on the other hand. the lites series is awesome this year. GREAT racing. someone different actually wins.

jrspawn
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Well im glad im not the only one that could see throught the BS.

Im not saying any of this is the Fact, but i mean come on. Ray charles could see whats going on here.

And the monster issue coming up is a little awkward also.

Thank you
Justin

rollie
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
monster energy Kawasaki...hrmm if hes having problems with monster, could stewart be on a different color bike next year:eek:

Hopefully he wont turn into a train wreck of supercross and open a can of worms and ruin it all from money and saying he hurt his knee. another good argument i heard is that kawasaki wants to win the outdoor nationals this season so hes saying hes hurt in supercross so he can stay healthy and get the outdoor title, who knows though

mephyst
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I went to A2 on Saturday, and saw James come out and set the 2nd fastest lap time overall in practice on his first lap. Then he putt around his 2nd lap and went in. I thought it was kind of weird, but then I was like hmm, maybe he is already comfortable with the track and why risk getting hurt in practice if you already qualified for the race?

Well anyways, I was highly dissapointed when he made his speech about how he wasn't going to race. Mainly, because I had a friend visiting from France who came here just to watch Supercross!! He is a huge Stewart fan, and really wanted to see him, so I felt bad for him. I don't know, I felt really let down and if any of this is true I definitely have lost a ton of respect for Stewart...

chipworkz
01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
I went to A2 on Saturday, and saw James come out and set the 2nd fastest lap time overall in practice on his first lap. Then he putt around his 2nd lap and went in. I thought it was kind of weird, but then I was like hmm, maybe he is already comfortable with the track and why risk getting hurt in practice if you already qualified for the race?

I read on another post that he cased it pretty hard near the finish line jump and that is when he went in. If his knee is messed up then that could have made it worse.
I was also at A2 and was really looking forward to seeing him and reed battle.
Who is going to give reed a run for his money now?

mephyst
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by chipworkz
I read on another post that he cased it pretty hard near the finish line jump and that is when he went in. If his knee is messed up then that could have made it worse.
I was also at A2 and was really looking forward to seeing him and reed battle.

Nobody....

I don't mind that James is wanting more money, because he IS the best in the sport... and I'm sure he will get what he wants from Monster, and if not, he will get it from someone else. It is smart on his part, and yes, it is all about the money. Monster would be smart to cough up the extra 200k if this is all true.

I understand why James would be doing this, but what I don't agree with is him just giving up on the series. That is completely ridiculous and a huge let down to his fans, me being one of them.

ny300exrider
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
f-stewart....never liked his attitude and this just backs it up. a rider can be amazing but if hes a a-hole in person i could care less and this is a prime example of that. i hope monster drops him

450ice
01-21-2008, 10:53 PM
typicals

KXRida
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
What a puss.

Yah I guess 1.2 mil just isn't enough. That's alright, let the man chad reed win another title. That's perfectly fine with me!

flip2spin23
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
wow he didnt get his way crybaby, hes the reason i stopped watching sx, guess im going to atlanta this year

rollie
01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by chipworkz

Josh Hill

416exfreak
01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by rollie
Josh Hill

X2.

He's an amazing rider.:cool:

250r rider 88
01-22-2008, 01:34 PM
id say they dropped him if you go to monster army he is no longer listed as a general like RC and villapoto which he was at one time and is not on their riders page anywhere i can see if this is his mentality toward his sponsors i hope everyone drops him including kawasaki they will have villapoto soon enough to take his place for good-just my 2 cents

Flynbryan19
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
LOL, you guys are funny. If you believe this high school gossip BS then your pathetic. This is these guys LIFE! Its all they live for and they love the sport. Do you really think James would drop his chance at the SX title which brings him WAY more than 200k in sponsorship rewards as well as his income from Kawasaki for some sports drink money? :p :rolleyes: What a riot. Suckers you are indeed.

This was commical. It reminds me of my high school days listening to all the little gossip girls rambling off rumors about everyone. :rolleyes:

250r rider 88
01-22-2008, 01:46 PM
it may be gossip about the knee but as far as monster goes look at thier website hes not listed as one of their riders thats hard evidence not gossip

jrspawn
01-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
LOL, you guys are funny. If you believe this high school gossip BS then your pathetic. This is these guys LIFE! Its all they live for and they love the sport. Do you really think James would drop his chance at the SX title which brings him WAY more than 200k in sponsorship rewards as well as his income from Kawasaki for some sports drink money? :p :rolleyes: What a riot. Suckers you are indeed.

This was commical. It reminds me of my high school days listening to all the little gossip girls rambling off rumors about everyone. :rolleyes:

Gossip is a huge part of ANY racing, thats just how it goes. Calling one pathetic for believing it? If you believe or dont believe, thats your decision.

Money is what makes the world revolve now days. And its amazing what greed can do also.

Do i think all the speculation is true? Possibly. But i will say it again, ANYONE could see through the BS of the hurt knee. There are too many Facts that just dont add up on that one. The monster issue, well again coincidence? Who knows, but just seems fishy.

I guess there is only ONE TRUE FACT as of now. He flat out lied to ALL of his Fans.

Thank you
Justin

trx400exxracer
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
If he was a determined rider and really wanted to win like me and everyone else he wouldn't quit like that. I would have to have someone like a doctor tell me not to do, and my parents would have to chain me up to quit racing. And I am just a local racer, and am racing about 2 nationals this year! WTF???:confused:

trx400exxracer
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
found this in an e mail dad sent me kinda similar

I have heard a few interesting comments recently about Bubba not
racing on the '86 course in Anaheim last week. It is now rumor, but
some of the stuff sounds like he could be messing with Monster Energy
and Kawasaki. I'm just saying, keep your ears open, it will all come
out soon enough:

Allegedly James and his dad where in Monsters offices this week trying
to sort out their contract...James wanted 1.4 million for the season
or he was going to walk from supercross and let Chad, who is no longer
on unbound who is owned by monster, win...totally pissing off monster
so they don't have a sponsorship on the champion of the "Monster
Energy Supercross", In theory a nice bargaining chip, Monster told
James 1.2 million or forget it...

James and His dad reportedly told the VP of Marketing at Monster to go
F$%k himself. He told them where to stick it and no we get to A2...

He showed up late for the show, didnt do the press conference on
Thursday, didn't do more than two laps in each practice, and he
developed a "knee injury" that took him out of the Supercross
season...

He took a Bentley from RedBull as a signing bonus last year and still
walked on his contract and didn't give the car back and now this with
monster over 200K...

This of course is totally unconfirmed and only Monsters side of the
story and was straight from the mouth of a unnamed monster execuitive
in the Monster suite after a few beers... but I will call Aldon this
week and see what the Stewart camp has to say. Maybe its all just all
coincidence...

Monster was also pissed off about Stewart drinking a combination of
Monavie, Water and Cytomax on the podium, He reportedly told them, "Im
not going to pretend I drink that crap on the podium when I don't"

Being a former employee of the motorcycle industry (I saw first hand
how the corporate ya-hoo's spin stories)I DO NOT believe for a moment
Stewart's story. I have heard rumors long before this that the love
between KX and Stewart's camp is gone.

rollie
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn

I guess there is only ONE TRUE FACT as of now. He flat out lied to ALL of his Fans.

I agree with you on everything else but it is poissible that at the begining of the season he thought he did feel 100% at that particular press confrence maybe to pump himself up?, and quickly realized that he wasnt even close to 100%

what i mean to say is the only person i dont agree with is Flynbryan, but he might not have meant to lie to all his fans....maybe im giving stewart to much credit? i dont know

I've always been an RC fan but never had anything against stewart, always thought he was nice and polite in his interviews and i would hope that he didnt mean to lie to all his fans, could it also be possible that he backed out of it because he feels threatened by Reed, the 3rd place guy from last year comming up from behind and taking over this year??? because the pressure to win from kawi? who knows, its just got me thinking, sooner or later we will all know the truth behind it for sure though, the industry is to small for the truth not to ever be revealed!

trx400EXtreme
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
id say they dropped him if you go to monster army he is no longer listed as a general like RC and villapoto which he was at one time and is not on their riders page anywhere i can see if this is his mentality toward his sponsors i hope everyone drops him including kawasaki they will have villapoto soon enough to take his place for good-just my 2 cents i went and checked out monsters site and your right, stewart is nowhere to be found anywhere.

trx400EXtreme
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
id say they dropped him if you go to monster army he is no longer listed as a general like RC and villapoto which he was at one time and is not on their riders page anywhere i can see if this is his mentality toward his sponsors i hope everyone drops him including kawasaki they will have villapoto soon enough to take his place for good-just my 2 cents i went and checked out monsters site and your right, stewart is nowhere to be found.

dirtbike&quad
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
thats such a shame :ermm: he is my favorite rider of all time. he is a crazy nut, so fast! thats what i always liked about him. Its hard to believe all this stuff recently. i guess only time will tell :(