PDA

View Full Version : Lexx SLip on Follow up.

Grahxen
01-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Just wanted to give you a heads up on the new LEXX slip on that rockymountain has. I just received mine last week for my 2007 400ex.

The Build quality is excellent for a $200 slip on. The sound with the quiet core/spark arrestor in is in the middle between stock and a pipe like an HMF with no quiet core. It gives off a nice low roar to it. The midpipe included is of high quaility, I was able to bolt it on my 400ex in 20 mins. I took it out for a ride that day and right off the bat noticed a substantal gain of low end torque and pull. This is with the stock 148 main and 38 pilot. I got my jet kit from jetsrus 2 days after the pipe and have since then jetted the carb with a 152 main, and 40 pilot. After that I feel I am on a new quad :). Oh and I am running a UNI filter with the airbox lid on. I made no adjustments to the pilot screw either, left it at stock. I may actually try a 155 and see how that runs. I havent actually rode the quad without the quiet core removed so I am not sure if performance will change but I did start it up and rev it up without it in and it was Loud. So in a nutshell, the Lexx slipon is a high quality product for that $200 price. I also purchased the armidillo swingarm guard from RMATV and have really hit it with some large rocks and not a dent in it. I plan on getting the Pro Armor Frame and A-Arm skids next.

Pipeless416
01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
thanks for the review.. ive been waiting for somebody to give an opinion on that pipe. were the gains all low-mid, or did you see any top end gain as well?

m36indiana
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
any way you could post a video of it?

Grahxen
01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
There were gains throughout the entire band. But i most definatly felt it on low/mid, i had a hard time keeping the wheels on the ground when shifting. My brother also bought the same 400ex as me at the same time i got mine. We are both experienced riders, and i even weigh a slight bit more then him. His bike was stock except for my exhast and uni filter at the time and we tested our quads about a dozen times. I was easily pulling away from him 3-4 quad lengths. We switched off also he road mine and the outcome was the same. Its hard to tell right now on top end in 5th gear because i really hard to open it up in my area and keep it hamemmerd in 5th. But throughout each gear was a defintate increase and power. The pipe is definatly well worth the $200. I can take some videos of it mabey tomorrow night, we may get some snow here so i may pull it out.

maxfior
01-22-2008, 08:40 AM
That's great about your Lexx pipe! I was going to get that pipe but then found a good deal on a HMF used. Bang for the buck, I've heard only GREAT things about the pipe, you'll have to post a picture of how it looks on your EX. :)

Max

mitchamus
01-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Your running with your airbox lid on? Did you drill holes in it or anything?

Grahxen
01-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by mitchamus
Your running with your airbox lid on? Did you drill holes in it or anything?

Airbox Lid is on. No holes drilled. If i do anything i may buy the K&N power Lid. The way I ride here, if i had holes drilled in airbox or lid removed i would have an river full of water inside my airbox.

Its to wet and muddy here now for a drilled or open airbox, but in spring summer I will probably get the K&Npower lid for when i want to run when its dry out.

Grahxen
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by maxfior
That's great about your Lexx pipe! I was going to get that pipe but then found a good deal on a HMF used. Bang for the buck, I've heard only GREAT things about the pipe, you'll have to post a picture of how it looks on your EX. :)

Max

This weekend ill post some pics after i wash it and when the weather is nice :)

250exkid
02-06-2008, 12:07 PM
is it as loude as the HMF? and can u video it? rev it and stuff

Grahxen
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
The HMF is slightly louder then the Lexx when you remove the quiet core insert. My brother has a 400ex, 2007 same as me with same mods only the hmf pipe. His pipe is slightly louder. As soon as the weather gets better here, been raining bad I will fire it up and take a video.

Mike

rcatvrider
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Any video or pics yet?

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 06:40 AM
what do you mean when you say it comes with mid pipe? Its not a header is it?

Grahxen
03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Sorry no pics or vid yet, weather has been crap here and havent really had it out. As far as the mid pipe is concerned, it isnt like most slip-ons that clamp down to the header pipe. It has about a 6" mid pipe that slides over the header and then the baffle connects to this pipe. It uses 2 springs on each side which hold the muffler onto the midpipe. Instructions said to use a little high temp silicone over the header pipe where the midpip connects but I didnt have any and there are no leaks. I am not sure why they just didnt have the midpipe part of the muffler assembly like most slips have and a new clamp that goes over the header. In any case works the same as far as I am concerned. I was going to take it out this saturday but looks like more rain coming. Ill get some pics and video/sound soon.

gould514
03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I am the brother that has the same setup but with an hmf. Will post pics and sound when big brother gets his *** down to my garage.

Grahxen
03-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Here are a few pics I just took and a small crappy video taken with my digi cam. Ill post a better sound clip when I am not in my apartment complex :). The sound clip is with the lexx silencer installed.

http://216.130.173.7/honda/honda1.jpg

http://216.130.173.7/honda/honda2.jpg

http://216.130.173.7/honda/lexx3.jpg

http://216.130.173.7/honda/lexx1.jpg

http://216.130.173.7/honda/lexx2.jpg

And here is the link to the video.

LEXX SLIP ON VIDEO (http://216.130.173.7/honda/honda1.avi)

rcatvrider
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
It gets an A in my book for appearance. Sounds pretty quiet, is the quiet tip installed? If it isn't too hard to remove, could you get a clip without the quiet tip if it's installed? I found the hmf for 210 with free shipping so It's between that and the lexx. I care more for low end than top end though.

Grahxen
03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes the quiet core is installed. Its just 3 hex bolts and the tip comes off, remove the quiet core and reinsert the race tip. It also sounds much quieter on that video because the audio on my digi cam isnt the best. Without the quiet core its almost as loud as the HMF, but has a different tone. I plan on taking another vid this weekend with the core out when I take it out.

But for the people who wanted to know how it bolted up to the header, I hope those pictures help.

STUNTIN400EX
03-11-2008, 10:19 PM
sounds good to me!!! did it come with the quiet core or did you pay extra for it, and did you get a spark arrester?

Grahxen
03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
It comes with the quiet core. The quiet core is basically the spark arrestor insert about 4" long. The only thing that it doesnt come with is the spark arrestor screen that you can use with the race tip. No sense in really using that with the race tip anyhow. They also sell I believe 2 or 3 different type sizes of tuneable tips that change sound and drop the DB's by 2-5.

REDRIDDER
03-12-2008, 08:30 AM
thanks for the update sounds pretty good , loud pipes aren't always the best pipes anyway lol..have you done any long periods of testing with the pipe yet?

Grahxen
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Ive got about 20 or so hours on this pipe, and a rollover on top of that. So far holding up well. And ive had it out in snow, ice, buried in mud, its taken a good beating so far. I mean for a $200 pipe its well worth it, which is the only point I was trying to make back in the beginning. Sure there may be better pipes etc etc, but for the 199$ price tag its a great pipe and worth every penny.

My 2cents though, I usually always run with my silencer in. Its more then loud enough with it in, and its way to loud with it out and I see no need to have that noise expecially when it does nothing then piss people off anyhow. I also dont see any difference in performace either, on or off.

2muchquad
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I will be ordering one of those pipes,that thing looks sick!Im sure it will be better than my wb e series with the cracked mid pipe..lol I love the looks of that pipe.It almost looks like the yoshi i had on my ktm 450sx bike.again,i like that pipe:D

jrockAZ400EX
07-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Grahxen
Just wanted to give you a heads up on the new LEXX slip on that rockymountain has. I just received mine last week for my 2007 400ex.

The Build quality is excellent for a $200 slip on. The sound with the quiet core/spark arrestor in is in the middle between stock and a pipe like an HMF with no quiet core. It gives off a nice low roar to it. The midpipe included is of high quaility, I was able to bolt it on my 400ex in 20 mins. I took it out for a ride that day and right off the bat noticed a substantal gain of low end torque and pull. This is with the stock 148 main and 38 pilot. I got my jet kit from jetsrus 2 days after the pipe and have since then jetted the carb with a 152 main, and 40 pilot. After that I feel I am on a new quad :). Oh and I am running a UNI filter with the airbox lid on. I made no adjustments to the pilot screw either, left it at stock. I may actually try a 155 and see how that runs. I havent actually rode the quad without the quiet core removed so I am not sure if performance will change but I did start it up and rev it up without it in and it was Loud. So in a nutshell, the Lexx slipon is a high quality product for that $200 price. I also purchased the armidillo swingarm guard from RMATV and have really hit it with some large rocks and not a dent in it. I plan on getting the Pro Armor Frame and A-Arm skids next.

I've got the same mods as you do except with a K&N + outwearer. What elevation are you at?

dankbud42o
07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
thanks for the review, i just ordered one from rockymountain. for those that are ordering one or getting something over $150 use this coupon code for $20 off. "22560" or "RMTJ09".

mitchconley
11-27-2009, 08:41 PM
idk what i want to get. its between this and the fmf q2. im feeling this just because its like $75 cheaper. i really do want a quieter exhuast but i dont like stock. i dont feel like im riding a real machine when im riding on stock exhuast. and riht now my wb e serires just isnt working out due to my police officers in this town :mad:

guenther
11-27-2009, 08:57 PM
I'll tell you what I did and it seems to be working out pretty good. I have a WB R4 so I know exactly what you are talking about. My neighbors hate that damn thing. If you have a stock exhaust, take the cap off the stock and drill about six to seven 1/4" holes in the plate inside. Grind down the inner lip of the end of the exhaust so only the 3 mounting screw holes are left that hold the cap on. Finally drill six to seven 1/4" holes around the outside of the cap in an even pattern so it looks good. Tone is a little louder than stock and it flows better than stock. You definitely get more bottom end than stock but not quite as much as the R4. It's a great balance for when I'm around my neighborhood and not in the woods. It takes 2 minutes to swap between the R4 and stock with no rejetting required. One cost about an hour of time and no extra $$$.