PDA

View Full Version : Its been a bad day

boosted3g
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I had off work today and thought that even though it was a monday. The day started off good, made a big breakfast and watched cartoons with my boys for a little while. I put the boys down for a nap and then it took a turn for the worst. My wife left to get some groceries and the previous night i was working on setting up my carb and had the plastic off. To make a long story short a 4runner versus 400ex plastic the toyota wins no problem. She backed over the front end, noticed she hit something so she pulled back into the garage and over it again. I was pissed but i should have expected that since she has already backed over my recycle bin and a lawn mower in the past. Anyways off to the dealer to order new plastic, luckily my buddy works there and i get away for 121 bucks for 2 new front fenders and 25 more for 2 new stickers. The only positive thing was i got silver stickers from an 06 instead of the red on the 07s. I put on my mangled plastic but its not over yet. I was taking the kids for rides around the house after dinner and when i pulled into the garage and let it idle for a little bit and noticed a funny smell. I checked it out immediatly since i just switched to e85 and havent had much time on the quad and thought i may have a problem with my tuning and toasted a piston or something. Nope its just the remenants of my sons fuzzy frog slipper that is cooking on my head pipe. So now i have a bit of goo smuldering on there, hopfully it will burn off and stop smoking. I think i am just going to call it a night and maybe tomorrow will be better.

mittman
01-21-2008, 06:10 PM
that just sucks yesterday my mom was pulling the truck out of the garage and our drivway was slipery and she hit my truck so much for a perfect truck o and a week ago i had to get a new tranny for my truck about 2500 bucks so my week was worst than your imo. yours was a much cheaper fix

Robin Hood
01-21-2008, 09:29 PM
X2

Woke up sore as hell from lifting last night. Girlfriend gave me problems all day today. Couldn't get into a lifting mood at the gym tonight and when I got home, I was still getting **** from the gf so we broke up after dating for a year and 9 months.

Now I gotta chug my protein shake and print out my school schedule cause spring semester starts tomorrow for my college. Can't wait to wake up at 5 am just to beat traffic. :mad:

Thank god the gym has punching bags!

bulkdriverlp
01-22-2008, 06:20 AM
you think girlfriends are bad, wait till you get married:(

Robin Hood
01-22-2008, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

Can't wait... :scary:

Robin Hood
01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by mittman
that just sucks yesterday my mom was pulling the truck out of the garage and our drivway was slipery and she hit my truck so much for a perfect truck o and a week ago i had to get a new tranny for my truck about 2500 bucks so my week was worst than your imo. yours was a much cheaper fix

I had a week like that a while back. I took my 1500 offroading and side swiped a tree cause my ******* friend told me I could clear it. Then the reverse band went bad and the tranny blew up at 115k miles. Thank god I was in my driveway.

So now there's a nice big dent in above the passenger side wheel well, and I'm down 3400$. That's what I get for purchasing a used truck. :cuss:

QuadJunkies
01-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

lmao
My Husband reads this stuff sometimes so Im not sayin NUTHIN!! :uhoh:

:p

KXRida
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
had a bad day too. Was coming home from school today and took the car instead of my truck. Didn't know it was supposed to snow. Well they got like 4'' so the car basically goes no where. I'm coming down the mountain sliding everywhere at about 5 mph when some lady comes crusing down behind me, couldn't stop, rear ended me ungodly hard. Sent me spinning around, somehow I managed not to tag a guard rail or anything, but the bad end is kinda messed up. She f*cked up her new dodge durango pretty good when she went straight into the guard rail. So then the cops get there and she's all, I wasn't going fast, I just couldn't stop and he was going too slow, so the cop pretty much layed it out to her that she was infact speeding and at full fault.

Women drivers + SUV's + snow = disaster

I should've taken the truck that way I could've got that new rear tube bumper I want!!!!

mittman
01-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I had a week like that a while back. I took my 1500 offroading and side swiped a tree cause my ******* friend told me I could clear it. Then the reverse band went bad and the tranny blew up at 115k miles. Thank god I was in my driveway.

So now there's a nice big dent in above the passenger side wheel well, and I'm down 3400$. That's what I get for purchasing a used truck. :cuss:

do you have a dodge or chevy?