PDA

View Full Version : suspension questions

nacnac250z
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
last year i realized i needed a good suspension set up, taking top 5 in all races i entered in B class this year i realize the stock setup isnt enough anymore. im wondering whats a good setup for woods, i dont want to go to wide but i realize im gonna have to go atleast 2 inches on long travel a arms if not more, i heard something about gettin plus twos and using deep front rims, also shock wise i wast thinking elka maybe, any good suggestions on full set ups would be appreciated

400exrider707
01-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by nacnac250z
last year i realized i needed a good suspension set up, taking top 5 in all races i entered in B class this year i realize the stock setup isnt enough anymore. im wondering whats a good setup for woods, i dont want to go to wide but i realize im gonna have to go atleast 2 inches on long travel a arms if not more, i heard something about gettin plus twos and using deep front rims, also shock wise i wast thinking elka maybe, any good suggestions on full set ups would be appreciated

You should do some more investigating. Most top a-arm companies sell +.5" long travel a-arms. If you're looking for XC style stuff, check out Ars-fx. I love their stuff. If I was an XC guy, that's what I'd run.

Troyer23J
01-22-2008, 05:55 AM
Take your stock shocks and send them to Derisi Racing. Santo Derisi rebuilds them, makes them either double or triple rate, he can add his rear linkage as well. Those shocks, with stock a-arms and swingarm are a GREAT set-up. I finished2nd in the C class, then 2nd in the B class at the GNCCs the past 2 seasons running his shocks. They are top notch!

You also can beat the price either. It will be WAY less than buying shocks and a-arms, and you will still have a great ride, ,and lots of $$$ left over for other mods. You will love it.

duke416ex
01-22-2008, 08:25 AM
You can find a lot of +.5 arms used, but now most of the companies have switched to a +1 xc arm. There are many companies out there now. About all I can say is get what you want from the start or it will end up costing you a lot of money in the long run.