PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Jet PROBLEM!!!!

250exkid
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
ok i here when you got ur carb apart you should put a main jet in... well i bought a slip on HMF and k&N and A dunojet kit... well the dynojet kit didnt have a pilot jet! were do i get one or wut?

casey_lamm
01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
local honda shop. jetsrus... pretty much anywhere you get any jets will have a pilot. My local honda shop only had a #38 and #40 so I had to order my #42.

also there are many other places to get jets online then I have mentioned... a quick search for Jetting or jets will take you there pretty quick.

there are a few brands...but all do the same thing.
Originally posted by 250exkid
ok i here when you got ur carb apart you should put a main jet in... well i bought a slip on HMF and k&N and A dunojet kit... well the dynojet kit didnt have a pilot jet! were do i get one or wut?

250exkid
01-21-2008, 04:10 PM
thanks, um i bought the dyno jet kit. shouldnt it come with one? and can i miss match the brands? or no?

smorris1
01-21-2008, 04:21 PM
I have a dyno jet kit too and it doesnt come with a pilot. I wish it did. I wouldnt mix and match tho. I would just use all dyno jet jets.

I also forgot to respond to u about the cam question u had for me, sorry lol. No, you dont have to take the engine off. You have to take off the front plastics and side panels. Then you have to take off the gas tank. Next you just take the top engine mount off and loosen all the bolts on the head cover. I think there are like 12 of them. Once the head cover is off, you start takin the old cam out and put the new one in. I could go into detail with you but that would take forever, lol. Its really not that hard as long as you take your time. I used the Clymers service manual to guide me through. I would def. get one cause it has everything you will ever need to do to your bike and it has torque specs on everything.

As far as power goes, the stage 1 is meant for low end power but you dont really feel any mid or top. The stage 2 is for mid to top with some bottom. I would 100% get the stage 2. It really wakes the bike up. I drag raced my friends stock yfz and it kept up with it until high 4th gear. They say that a high comp piston will really help but I dont have one and it still hauls. If you do get the stage 2, make sure you got an exhaust, k&n and its jetted.

If you got any more questions, just let me know.

250exkid
01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
thanks were do i buy the dynojet pilot? i ordered the jet kit through rockymountain

hornetgod13
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Dynojet doesn't make pilot jets. Buy a #40 and #42 keihin pilot jets from www.jetsrus.com

smorris1
01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah jetsrus is probably the best place to get them unless you have a local motorcycle shop by u. Thats where I got mine. You can get them at denniskirk.com too.

boosted3g
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I get mine from the yamaha dealer because he is close and has hundreds of jets in stock. As long as its a Keihin jet your alright. Honda is not the only manufacturer running those carbs so you can try any atv shop. Just take your old one along to compare.

250exkid
01-23-2008, 10:53 AM
thanks guys, but wut about the 40 or 42 size HMF pilot i might get them free? should i run them? or the kiegn?

CarGuy7a
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
if they send you pilots with your pipe(not sure if they send those kind of jets or not). they'll be Keihin's.

the only kind of pilots that will go in a 400ex stock carb are Keihin's.

250exkid
01-23-2008, 04:48 PM
oh wow thanks i didnt know that, ill email the guy just to send me pilots cuz i have a jet kit.. but thank you.!