PDA

View Full Version : "Fixed" my airbox lid

MeatHead
11-14-2002, 05:54 PM
I finally got around to modding my airbox lid. Here is a pic of it. What do you guys think. It should be better than no lid, which is what I was running. Oh yeah, the lid had 4 1" holes in it already from a previous owner, so it should be better than that even.

Doibugu2
11-14-2002, 05:59 PM
Thats what I was going to do, what are the pieces made out of that you screw down?

Looks good.

MeatHead
11-14-2002, 06:10 PM
The frame is made out of 1/8"X1" flat stock from Home Depot. I wanted to use aluminum, but I couldn't find any. I might redo it with al later if I find some aluminum stock. I just happen to have an outerwears sitting around that did not fit my filter so I decided to use it. It did add a few grams of weight to the lid, but I think it is worth it. It was actually pretty easy, just take your time and it should come out good. I used an air cut-off wheel to cut the stock, but it would have been easier to use the chop saw at the shop. Then I used a dremel tool to cut out the plastic. First I made the frame and bolted it down to the lid and marked the inside of the frame on the lid. Then I removed the frame and cut the plastic. Then bolted the lid down with the outerwears stretched tight under it. It does take a few minutes to complete if you take your time.

SmokinJoe@PJR
11-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Guys take alook at the PJRacing air box that ExtremeRacer167 has and will certainly take care of your lid issue

SMOKIN'