PDA

View Full Version : What should i do....?

JRP
01-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Alright well im not quite to sure what i should do in this situation... Last year for my first year I ran C class and finished 2nd out of 70 some ppl. Raced with alot of C class guys that run nationals and beat some of them. At a race last year, they staged us with B class. B class left about 10-15sec ahead of us, and me and my bud mike came up and passed everyone, including the leader, lol. Ive riden with alot of fast B/A class guys and I think i can hand with A class. A little more seat time and I think I can do it. In about a month, after eddie edmondson gets his ltr, me and him are supposed to go to rich lindsays hosue to ride for a week, and I know ill get faster there. I rode with eddie a few weeks ago, and i hung with him, so I think i am ready, but im not to sure. I iwll be doing some district races, alot of the PAMX series and Nats/WPSA's. Ive taken this offseason very seriously and have been in the gym 4-6 times a week and have dropped 15lbs and added alot of strength. I talked to wienen the other day for his suggestion and he said run A class, run a faster class that will push you, he said thats what hes always done. So... lol Thanks alot

chris46250r
01-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Sounds like you are more than ready to run A class to me. My thoughts on A class years ago when I raced was I'll never beat'em if I never ride with'em.

Ghost-Rider
01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd say go for it.

BlaineKaiser450
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
id run A.

mxdad
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
I'd say go to B class at least for the beginning of the season and go from there. My understanding is that you can always move up to A but you can not go back to B after you move up to A? So I would run B and if you are winning move to A.

Nick110
01-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Deff run A pepper. I would love to race with you man. You have deffinalty put a lot of time and effort into racing and it sounds like you are more than ready.

TWISTED
01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
I'd say go to B class at least for the beginning of the season and go from there. My understanding is that you can always move up to A but you can not go back to B after you move up to A? So I would run B and if you are winning move to A.

Yup... That's the smart thing to do.....

Fred55
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I would say run A Class, I know last summer when I moved up, it helped my speed a lot and has really given me a good push to get faster. I know now what I need to do for this season. Eating right and being on my college track team is the best way I can get ready here in Wis. with all the snow. I think you'll be ready for A. Even if it takes a couple races to get accustomed to it all I think in the end you'll be much happier.

FHKracingZ
01-21-2008, 11:45 AM
yea seems like you have put in alot of time. You have to remember , chad always had top of the line bikes with the fastest motors money could buy, and the best suspension keep that in mind.

A class locally isnt much but A class nationally is a whole nother ball game.

dopeyferree
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

A class locally isnt much but A class nationally is a whole nother ball game.

This right here is what you need to consider the most. Where is your main racing going to be. Local or Nats Also it looks better to have a good season finish not half a season in B and the other half in A. If you are going to run alot of the nats maybe you should stick to the B class, but If you are running just a couple then why not make the jump to A and run for an A class points for D13. Something else you can do is find an outlaw race somewhere, maybe Virginia Sports park and try the Open Pro class there and see where you stack up.

CannondaleRider
01-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Run A....that's my opinion.

I ran Utility class in '05, then went straight to Production A and Open A on the Cannondale in '06. Not because I was truly that fast, but because I knew it would push me...and it has.

Here's a quote from one of my WORCS Pro Teammates, in reference to him NEVER racing another class, other then Pro...His first race, 3 or 4 years ago was a Pro motocross race. Kory Ellis was actually on the line with him, lol. Let alone that, he'd only been riding for something like a few weeks before that. Anyways...

""I would rather race in that class, with those riders, and finish dead last and maintain my focus on the definition of fast, than to race and win in B class and walk away with the misperception that I was faster than I really was.""

JJs450r
01-21-2008, 04:55 PM
i wouldnt start off b if you are gonna be a serious points contender, if u start off in b and wanna move up later thats points lost i say go for it

#88yfz
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
District 7 A class lets see what you got??????????

TWISTED
01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by #88yfz
District 7 A class lets see what you got??????????

If he's gonna go A class locally, that's where the talent's at.....

FreeStylerEx
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I rode with eddie a few weeks ago, and i hung with him

you so didnt at southfork from what I hear.

JRP
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylerEx
I rode with eddie a few weeks ago, and i hung with him

you so didnt at southfork from what I hear.

yea i know that. take into account that weekend that was my first time back in over a month, and my front tire was flat, lol. I only rode with him the last practice and my tire was flat.

JRP
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
If he's gonna go A class locally, that's where the talent's at.....

yea i know, planning on running a few of the Feb races at budds creek in A.

Ripitupfilms
01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
just remember once u run A your stuck in A

eastside 400
01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
yea thats the thing most people dont think of, if u run A then u cant move back down to B if your not ready, practicing with A class guys is completely different then racing A class guys, i know that for some reason i dont practice near as fast as i race on the same track for some reason, if you ran C last year and didnt walk away with the wins then you shouldnt start in A, start in B and see what happens, I raced B in 2006 and the races where i didnt get caught up in traffic or crashes or anything i walked away with the wins most of the time, and our B class in 06 was the lowest, we had B and A, this year i moved to A and was finishing mid-pack or so, A class is a completely different experience from the lower classes.

Delaware152
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JRP
yea i know, planning on running a few of the Feb races at budds creek in A.

You want to hit the first one in March that's a District 7 points race. Most of the people skip the Feb races b/c you are there all day and still on get one moto. Not trying to take anything away from you but you should probably stay in B especially if you are running any nationals. One year experience and national A is not a good combination.

TWISTED
01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Delaware152
You want to hit the first one in March that's a District 7 points race. Most of the people skip the Feb races b/c you are there all day and still on get one moto. Not trying to take anything away from you but you should probably stay in B especially if you are running any nationals. One year experience and national A is not a good combination.

Jordan, here's who you wanna listen to..... This is the top guy in D-7 telling you this, not one of these kids who have read your threads and thinks you wear a cape, JT has walked the walk, and knows. Race B, and if you can, get a championship....

laeger2fiddyr
01-22-2008, 06:54 AM
racing a class locally isn't anything compared to racing a class @ a national!!!!!! condsidering most of the a class guys @ nats could finish top ten in pro-am!!! racing a locally and racing wpsa/nats in a is a whole different ball game!!!! some of the top b guys @ nationals would whoop up on most local a guys!!! never move up to early cuz u cant go back!!!

quadracer707
01-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Jordan, here's who you wanna listen to..... This is the top guy in D-7 telling you this, not one of these kids who have read your threads and thinks you wear a cape, JT has walked the walk, and knows. Race B, and if you can, get a championship....

Jordon,
I agree totally. "A" class at nationals is un flippen real quick. So are the guys in "B" class. Winning a national championship is still good. The kid Moser who won "B" class WPSA had alot of oppurtunitys for him this year,& I wish him the best, He ran 16-24 at WPSA & ran mid pack, still good, but n ot what he expected. Experience, Experience. You are young be patient & see.

My opinion,
KEN
wades dad

01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by JRP
yea i know that. take into account that weekend that was my first time back in over a month, and my front tire was flat, lol. I only rode with him the last practice and my tire was flat.

when you dont ride for a month the only thing you lose is endurance...not speed...ask any fast racer...( those are the exact words that randy lehr told my brother on his first race back) and if you were honestly ready for A class you wouldnt have to make a thread drawing attention to yourself and asking others, who most have never even seen you ride, if your fast enough for A class ... come on now...thats like posting a pic of a bikini model and asking if shes tight or not when i doubt any body here knows for sure and shes most likely not

Wills 77

JRP
01-22-2008, 07:09 PM
damn cody chill out. when you dont feel comfortable on the quad, you are slower, atleast thats how it is with me, and a few ppl that responded to this thread have seen me ride before, maybe not within the last few weeks, but they have seen me ride. Im going to stay in B and see what happens.

01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
man A at the nationals is going to be a little quick dude, jay runs A at the nats and hes mid pack.

AtvMxRider
01-23-2008, 06:06 AM
After seeing you race last year I say move down to D class:ermm:

LMAO I would move up if I were you to B ;)

Ripitupfilms
01-23-2008, 02:56 PM
what series is gona be your main focus. u can run 16-24

JRP
01-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
what series is gona be your main focus. u can run 16-24

trying to do the wpsa,nats in va, pa, ny, tn, then do some d7/13 and some of the PAMX series...

SRH
01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
confidence is also important, but if there not going to crush you run A

nickmelll
01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
race A and if u dxont like it i think u have 3 races to move back to B

TWISTED
01-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by nickmelll
race A and if u dxont like it i think u have 3 races to move back to B

Not here. From what I was told, you have to wait a year from the date you signed up to drop down.......

Ripitupfilms
01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
yea once your A your A,, no moving down

JRP
01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
yea im not gonna go to A quite yet. National B level is good for me rightnow, and we will see how it goes.

TWISTED
01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRP
yea im not gonna go to A quite yet. National B level is good for me rightnow, and we will see how it goes. [/QUOTE

Good choice.....

jrspawn
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Id say you would be fine to go B. Heck if people/classes keep progressing like they have the past years you might even look into C. I know what everyone might say, but its always better to work yourself and Prove yourself through the ranks. Jumping into a new class can sometimes get you head over heals. Your still young man, take your time, ride with your head, and get all the expierence you can before jumping in too deep. Like others have posted, your still building your expirience. Alot of top MX/SX racers have even said they wished the spent more time going through the ranks working their way up.

On another note, i remember 4 years or so ago my first national, i ran a couple c classes. Almost no one was jumping all the jumps or anything big. Heck ive seen some C class racing this past year and it looked like if you werent jumping everything you might not even make the main. Its Crazy.

I ran the 16-24 class also. Its a VERY fast class it seems like. Alot of top A guys run it, but there was also a good bit of B guys too. But non the less the lead packs lap times were on fire! That might be a good class to judge yourself also with.

Thank you
Justin

Lehr 110
02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
yeah id say run B man..even the PAMX series is going to be stacked in every class this year:macho