PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable

optikid123
11-14-2002, 05:19 PM
wher did u guys put the cable when u got a new pipe mine is almost melted because i ran it through the middle like on the stock pipe where did u run the cable or what did u do to fix this.

optikid123
11-14-2002, 07:18 PM
bump i orderd a new one but where do i run the new cable i dont think there is anyother way to fix it so i ll prob try to ziptie it so it dosent touch the pipe. is there anything i could put on there to keep it from melting if it dose happen to touch.

Ex'r Marlin
11-14-2002, 08:53 PM
I have replaced a couple of clutch cables now, never had the problem you are having.:confused: I do not know of another way to route your cable. My only advise is to make sure it is as close to the middle of your pipes as possible.

Good luck!

Another thought... What if you put heat shielding material around your cable where you had it melt??

optikid123
11-14-2002, 08:55 PM
what is some good heat sheilding stuff like a tape

Ex'r Marlin
11-14-2002, 09:02 PM
I am thinking of that tape like stuff that is on our rear plastic fender that is mounted where the exhaust pipe comes close to... You know what I mean??

I would think you can get this at a local automotive supply store... Like a Pep Boys, etc.

Again, just a thought.