PDA

View Full Version : game system x-box 360 or PS3

woodsracer144
01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
best game system? i have a game cube with 12 or 13 games 3 controllers and 2 mem cards. im gonna sell that on ebay. unless some one on here wants it.

but any way i wanna get a newer system. like the x-box 360.
i wanna get the new game untamed or what ever, any one have any idea on whats the best buy for the buck? i wanna use it to play dvds and stuff too..

if i get the 360 elete can i download like all the h-bomb films and all that on there? or no? thanks for the help.

01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
best game system? i have a game cube with 12 or 13 games 3 controllers and 2 mem cards. im gonna sell that on ebay. unless some one on here wants it.

but any way i wanna get a newer system. like the x-box 360.
i wanna get the new game untamed or what ever, any one have any idea on whats the best buy for the buck? i wanna use it to play dvds and stuff too..

if i get the 360 elete can i download like all the h-bomb films and all that on there? or no? thanks for the help.

The 360 will be old technology in about a year or so whenever the PS3 starts picking up momentum.

They've maxed out the potential for a 360 and the PS3 is just waiting to get harnessed.

You choose.

woodsracer144
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
ok i have a game cube right now... its not that big to me. the stupied cube just sits in a bag in my room gettin dust! and they have all gay games for it,

can i download movies to the x-box? like if i get the elite?
thanks! the only problem is that there isnt a elite for sale around me from a store....

hondaking52
01-20-2008, 09:10 PM
PS3!!!!! i dont know about tht movie download but lke the last guy said the 360 is gonna be out of date soon, i just bought a ps3 and i love it!!! i got the 40gb which is more then anyone will ever need for about 400$. and if thts not enough when u buy a ps3 you also get a blue ray player built in!! and they retail for about 500$ to 800$ and you can dl music to it, and the ps3 controllers are soooooo light!!!!, but like the last guy said its ur call, later

p.s get a ps3!!! lol

01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
ps3 hands down, i have one.

.free online play
.better graphics
.easier to use controller imo
.runs cooler

Exrider434
01-20-2008, 11:27 PM
ps3 by far, its got free online, way less problems, wireless internet (80gig version), controllers are crazy light, it has slots that you can plug a camera memory card, or a psp memory card into, no batteroes in the wireless controllers, simply plug them in for an hour or two and they last for another 2 days..... theres prolly way more i cant think of at the moment, but its up to you......:blah:

edit: I have one also if you need to ask any questions.

trxwannbe
01-21-2008, 06:30 AM
a family member has a ps3 and i have the 360 elite and if your only looking for a few games i would go the ps3 way. the 360 though has way more good games available and the online play may cost money but is much more fun and the elite version has no reported issues to date because it was released somewhere around 3 months after the other 2 versions. not sure on the hbomb movies but i know that you can download movies from xbox live and it the 360 is an hd dvd player (yes i know its still not blue-ray but hd works just fine for me)

pro-rider46
01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
sorry 360 guys. but i think the 360 is not even comparable to ps3, yeah you can get live, but it cost money, which stops people from getting live, and that means less people online, ps3 gets it for free, and it has a web browser, and i typed this all using my ps3....the ps3 doesnt break like the 360 does. they have a 33% chance of breaking, and for some games they come in 2 discs because their hd disk cant hold that much. and ps3 has them on 1 disc, give ps3 a while and xbox wont even be in the shadow of ps3..and like previously stated, you can put a camera card in there, upload photos. and you can use a camera card as a memory card to over at your friends house. and it can also be linked to your psp systems, and i know it doesnt have as many games as xbox, but they arent far behind...just my thoughts about the two

mxdad
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
PM me with a list of all of the Game Cube stuff that you have and what you want for it.

01-21-2008, 10:09 AM
ps3 I got one and its great. The blue ray is sick and games are awesome. I have untamed for ps3 and I love it. ANd call of duty is just amazing. And you could go online like on ur pc looks exactly same I go on youtube and watch videos on full screen its sick

Rulz
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
sorry 360 guys. but i think the 360 is not even comparable to ps3, yeah you can get live, but it cost money, which stops people from getting live, and that means less people online, ps3 gets it for free, and it has a web browser, and i typed this all using my ps3....the ps3 doesnt break like the 360 does. they have a 33% chance of breaking, and for some games they come in 2 discs because their hd disk cant hold that much. and ps3 has them on 1 disc, give ps3 a while and xbox wont even be in the shadow of ps3..and like previously stated, you can put a camera card in there, upload photos. and you can use a camera card as a memory card to over at your friends house. and it can also be linked to your psp systems, and i know it doesnt have as many games as xbox, but they arent far behind...just my thoughts about the two

Where do you come up with this garbage?? 33% chance of breaking????? Xbox has something the PS3 will never have - HALO!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy your PS3's while you can, remember Betamax??????????

01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rulz
Where do you come up with this garbage?? 33% chance of breaking????? Xbox has something the PS3 will never have - HALO!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy your PS3's while you can, remember Betamax??????????

call of duty is better then halo

hondaking52
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
ya man i'm with the last guy, halo is over rated, i think resistance is farrrrr better then halo and its a few years old now, and yes the xbox breaks alot, my buds 360 frezzes like every time we play it... not cool

PunkA$$
01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
If you're considering getting a system for MX vs ATV Untamed, consider this, quoted directly from Gamespot.

"The Bad,
Not a great-looking game, especially on the PS3"

This seems to be consistent with a number of games available for both the PS3 ans 360.

woodsracer144
01-21-2008, 02:42 PM
i also have super nentendo or something like that... i think the system its self if dead but all the games and controlers work.

mittman
01-21-2008, 03:17 PM
get the ps3 i got the 80gig and i love it

woodsracer144
01-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
If you're considering getting a system for MX vs ATV Untamed, consider this, quoted directly from Gamespot.

"The Bad,
Not a great-looking game, especially on the PS3"

This seems to be consistent with a number of games available for both the PS3 ans 360.

what are you tellin me to get the WII? iom not getin that.

the only thing is the ps3 is more and the 360 elite is the same and i have 120 Gb and i can try to get some vids on

mineralgrey01gt
01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
remember that warner bros just went into blu-ray so that did put a big hurt on 360's and HD DVD. Thus meaning that ps3 will blow up very soon. So go ps3, 360 will be in the dirt in due time

PunkA$$
01-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
what are you tellin me to get the WII? iom not getin that.

Not at all.

I was just pointing out that the game you were mentioning buying a system for was of better quality on the 360 and that seems to be the trend with a number of games that are released mulit-platform.

woodsracer144
01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
yeah i dont know what to do.. i want alot of room for things but i want something cheaper... and i just dont know....

sent the pm out also!