PDA

View Full Version : Sub box to small?

Kickstarts-suck
01-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Well I had a hard time finding a box that would fit my Reg cab F150 that was deep enough for my sub. I found one that just fits and it has worked fine BUT I think it doesnt have enough "volume"

The sub requires
Sealed box volume: 1.0-4.6 cu. ft.

The box I have has
Enclosure Volume is .85 Cubic Feet

Would building a custom bigger box give me more bass? How would I know how big to build my new box?

dpizz450
01-20-2008, 07:54 PM
what size speaker is it? and yes most of the time a bigger and better box will give you more bass. 3/4" mdf wood is what you need to build it out of. there is some kind of math formula to figure out the airspace by measuring the length,width and what not of the box. i saw a friend build his own box a while back and forgot how to figure out the airspace but i'm sure you can google itl. good luck. and that is a single can right? cause my friend iw as talking about that built that box had two tens in his single cab f-150 and the box took up almost all room behind the seat and he had to keep the seat pulled up some.

Kickstarts-suck
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
It is a 12" kicker sub. All info in my sig.

I might get some wood tomorrow and build a bigger one. Is the bigger the box the better?

Yes single cab F150. Right now the seat has to be up some to fit my current box and I hate having the seat up. When I make my new box ill make the bottom bigger and top smaller so my seat can go back more.