PDA

View Full Version : best 2- stroke bike motor?

woodsracer144
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
ok im a more suzuki or yamaha guy but i like the others just not as much, i have became a bige suzuki rm 250 fan for some reason,
do the CRF 450 motors have counter balancers in them? or why dont i hear about them vibein like a mother like the kawi's factory kx250r did?

i found a rm 250 with a buch of mods its a 02 and its cheap i wann start to ride bikes also.
so could i get a LT 250r counter balancer and throw it in there? or is there something that i can do to fix this problem? why dont they have the problem in the bike chassie?
thanks any other motor that would work ?
I thought i would use a 250r chassie or a LTR 450 chassie and i would like too keep it all zuki but the only chassie i would run int the LTR and thats gonna be pricey modin it out.
any other ideas that you fellas have?
thanks!

2muchquad
01-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I guess it depends on the motor and frame i guess,i had a cr250 motor in my blaster for yrs and the vibration was only noticeable if you revved it up in neutral,otherwise no more than anything else.The kawasaki tecate 3 wheelers didnt have counter balancers.I have that same cr250 motor in a 86 250r frame and i havent had to reweld a mount yet.Beleieve what you "see" and not what you or somebody else "heard".

woodsracer144
01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
it would be the 02-04 suzuki RM 250 motor with a suzuki LTF 450 or TRX 250R chassie. would like to keep it all suzuki if i could so if i can pick up a LTR chassie cheap i would go with the ltr...

know if i can get the counter balancer out of the LT 250r and put it in there if it was a really bad vib after i built it thanks!

usp4u
01-24-2008, 06:10 AM
i really doubt that you could just drop a c.balancer right into an engine that's at least 10yrs. newer. quick way to check would be to cross reference part #'s from LT250 right side case vs. RM250 case. pretty doubtful. to my mind, the only way you'd ever get a c.balancer into an RM motor would be to start with an older version RM250 like from '87-'92 the years of the LT to see if it shared case halves with the RM.

JIMFROMTEXCO
01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
the reason the old trikes dont vibrate is the forks. the counterbalancer wouldnt fit due to the cases being diffrant. the thing you could try is a newer topend on the old quadracer bottem end, but i doubt that would work. the quadracers werent really no sloths they just handled like crap. if you decide to do it documet the build id like to read up on it.

woodsracer144
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
i will surely post my build on here if i go with it, but im gonna need to get some more money, i could do it the cheap way but im gonna go the right way and the right way is the spendy way, and im also gonna do it in my shop class in school. i just have to have all my plans drew out and that is gonna take me forever! and on a good CAD drawer? but im gonna take my time im also lookin at a MIG welder and a TIG. but i think im gonna have the MIG.

would you use a old stock chassie or an aftermarket one.

i've heard the LT's handled like crap also, and there was a guy that wanted 7500 for one with stock a-arms and elka shocks and a set of aftermarket pims with an after market motor and pipe, the motor was bored out .010. and it had the big FMF pipe

JIMFROMTEXCO
01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
he wanted 7500 for an lt250r? jeeze. lol. the expensive part for it would be getting the ltr450 chassis. it be sweet to take the 450 and swap it to the lt250r frame and vice versa. good luck.

personally what i would do is lt250r to a trx250r frame. but i see nuthing wrong with the honda motor. im getting ready to buy an 88' and throw my 4-poke away