View Full Version : Help For A Ds650 Rider In The Uk

650nitros
01-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Lovin the forum , been keeping an eye on it for ages now its my turn for your advice .

Riding a DS650 on the road (unlucky you guys) where some of you cant and am feeling the need to stretch that swingarm .

Thinking of a +4" as i love the look of your sand / drag quads , pros or cons for stretching it welcome . Have fitted Nitros and 720cc kit now am after that look , you know the one .

Suppliers aint an issue as am a dealer for most of your manufacturers over here , tell me what you think , Kenny @ Sinister Atvs. :confused:

400exrider707
01-21-2008, 05:44 AM
A +4 will keep the front end planted which will surely help with acceleration and turning while accelerating, but it will also have a longer wheelbase and wont turn as sharply. Though you probably wont notice if you're just road riding. You will also lose power through that longer swinger too as well as traction at the rear tires. It's probably nothing to worry about at +4, it's not a HUGE change, but definitely noticeable. I say try it and see if you like it, especially if you're a dealer already!

650nitros
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
its goona take a drop at top end , will change of gearing compansate ? Just have a country full of nearly the same DS650's and want it to stand out , will post some pics soon for you guys to give me an idea what you think.

Open to all comments bout making it different , am more than happy with 720cc kit and NOS for performance .

Be doing a lot more if had the prices you guys have !