PDA

View Full Version : 300ex makes me smell like gas

MTDman11
01-20-2008, 02:07 PM
ok so its winter , i got tusk v bar chains on the rear wheels for ice riding. i took all other performance parts off of it for the winter. ive been riding it on the pure ice and on snowcovered ice on my pond and ripping wheelies down the hole pond on pure ice(chains have v spikes in them=] 30 bucks a pair 2) and i just noticed my snow gear is reaking of gas. Even if i dont fuel up i smell like this after riding. I never had this problem before and am like wtf???? i think that when i do the wheelies gas is leaking out of overflow and i smell like it for that reason? help?

fmftrx300ex
01-20-2008, 03:40 PM
geta one way over flow valve lik 10 bucks see if it changes... rock on 300exers!!!

btw do you like the big gun rev box?

MTDman11
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I think i figured out the problem. When i do the wheelies on the ice i hang my feet of the back to get my weight back as far as possible so that i can get as much traction as i can. I think that because my boot its right behind the pipe it smells like exhaust. And yes i do like my rev box. i have the stage one. they also make a stage 2 and it lets it rev even higher and gets rid of the reverse govener. But am i am very please with my rev box as it adds a about 2 or 3 horsepower and gives you that edge in the top end.