PDA

View Full Version : my white brothers pipe mods.

11-03-2001, 09:55 PM
well i got bored today and scince i don't have a clutch calbe and can't ride till i get one i decided to get creative with my silincer...i remembered that on a 2-stroke bike if you cut it down to be shorter then it gives it more bottom end and torque...welp i got to brain storming and decided to try it to see what happened...i got the outer shell trimmed down to 8 inces ( thats 5 off ) and i am going to button it back together tomorrow too see how it sounds and if when i get a clutch cable tell you if i noticed any difference.....just thought i'd let you guys know if your interested..lol...ohh and whne i opened it up to start the cuttin i found no stuffing in it at all not even a trace any one know why i have no clue......i mean nothing at all in it..?...sorry so long

toby

ohh and i'll try to post some pics when i can

MichaelS693
11-03-2001, 10:06 PM
i have a blaster that is awesome and it is LOUD i mean LOUD and it is a drag racing bike and anyway what are talkin about cuttin it down what do u you actually cut down??????

Chef
11-03-2001, 10:23 PM
have you ever repacked your muffler? and when you cut it down could the end cap and discs still be mounted? i know that my bike actually blows the packing out from around the end cap and its tight enough to where the screws will strip out and they wont tighten any more, on a big gun exhaust, not an e-series

11-04-2001, 05:48 PM
michael- by cutting it down i mean taking the "slip on" off and cutting the end off....it started as 13"long and now it is about 8..

hott440ex...yes i did re-pack it about a month ago...weird huh?...anyhgow yes on a wb-pipe the discks are mounted to the "baffle"...well the thing on the inside of the silencer...i cut the front of it ....kinda hard to explain but i am going to get some pics tomorrow and should have em back by thursday night or so...

i use this bike mainly for moto x so i am not worried about the nioise level or anything..... but i think it looks awsome..and can't wait to hear the motor...
any other ?'s?