PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Spots?

national425ex
01-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Every year me and the ol' lady go to myrtle beach, and quite frankly Im so sick of that place. This year we are looking to try something new. We both like what myrtle beach has to offer, but are just so burt out on doing the same stuff every year. Where does everyone else go on vacation?

firefighterjosh
01-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Whats your money limit?

Me and the woman went on a cruise. We found a good deal for $450 a piece. Included everything but Drinks.

It was a blast.

national425ex
01-20-2008, 01:29 PM
We usually spend a little over a grand for just the hotel room. Then adding gas, food, drinks, and anything else we may need. I would say about $1500 combined, Possibly more.

Bradracer18
01-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Depends on where you are from, and what you like too......

We used to go to Wyoming(Yellowstone), Colorado, and Montana during the summer....Its a great time up there, and very relaxing. Get to see some great wildlife too!

national425ex
01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I would enjoy that, but the ol' lady is a bit of a prissy girl, All she likes to do is lay around and get tan. So somewhere along the beach is a must. Thanks for in idea though

<DRS>GPF
01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
NOLA is a pretty good "active" place to vacation for 2..

i guess it depends on what your flavor is..

the wife and i are fine to go away from the general public and do some canoeing/rafting or horseback riding.. stay in cabins, maybe use tents if we're sure of the weather. (nothing too primitive)

if you like beaches, anna maria island, fl is a nice spot. wasnt terribly expensive last time i was there.. (bout 2yrs..) http://www.amisland.com/

honduh440
01-20-2008, 02:06 PM
cruise for summer and skiing for winter

3exrider23
01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
outer banks north carolina. been going down there forever and love it. if you just wanna relax its a nice place to go. some people haveee to be doing stuff on vacation. i just liek to chill and take it easy

kawiefan
01-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Jamaica. I havn't been there yet but our neighbors go every year for about a month and they love it. They got a cabin down by the beach. If they could they would live down there all year.

mineralgrey01gt
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
destin, florida is a pretty nice place to go

jesseweaver
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
were going to the dominican republic in feb. we found a good deal. its like 700$/adult (300$ for kids) and it includes everything-flight, food/drink all week, entertainment...

Rulz
01-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Just returned from Riviera Maya, which is just outside Cancun. Stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar. Very reasonably priced, all inclusive resort. Stayed 6 nights, with airfare price was around $900/each. That includes all your meals, all your drinks, all tips, airfare, hotel, travel to/from resort. It was great!!

national425ex
01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Rulz
Just returned from Riviera Maya, which is just outside Cancun. Stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar. Very reasonably priced, all inclusive resort. Stayed 6 nights, with airfare price was around $900/each. That includes all your meals, all your drinks, all tips, airfare, hotel, travel to/from resort. It was great!!

how did you book this? did you do it yourself, or through a company?

Rulz
01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by national425ex
how did you book this? did you do it yourself, or through a company?

http://www.applevacations.com/index.do?command=showHome

mxdad
01-21-2008, 02:40 AM
If it is just you and the wife check out www.couples.com We are heading back to Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica on Feb 25th for the 2nd time. For a family resort we loved the Iberostar in Punta Can, Dominican Republic. My kids said they liked it way better than Disney and they constantly bug us to go back.

jesseweaver
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
If it is just you and the wife check out www.couples.com We are heading back to Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica on Feb 25th for the 2nd time. For a family resort we loved the Iberostar in Punta Can, Dominican Republic. My kids said they liked it way better than Disney and they constantly bug us to go back.

yea were going to punta cana soon. were going to serena's though.

ours is through apple vacations too, they have a lot of good deals

seven
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I just got back from a seven day cruise to mexico. I loved cabo san lucas. Great weather and about anything you want to do.