PDA

View Full Version : Nick's frame and a-arms

cletusEX
01-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I dropped off the frame and a-arms with Kevin Friday morning. For the frame I'm thinking red and stealth black for the a-arms. Also if you could gusset the frame that would be great. Thanks.

Pappy
01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
received the frame and arms. i already added most of the gussets in, fixed one crack i saw near the top at the stem support, saw another below the left side footpeg mount. i will have a look at that one when it comes back from stripping. what skid plate are you going to run? i would like to support the peg area but will need to know what skid plate and which way it mounts.

frame heads to stripping tomorrow, your replacement lowers should be in progress.

red as in honda red or one of the fancy reds?

cletusEX
01-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
received the frame and arms. i already added most of the gussets in, fixed one crack i saw near the top at the stem support, saw another below the left side footpeg mount. i will have a look at that one when it comes back from stripping. what skid plate are you going to run? i would like to support the peg area but will need to know what skid plate and which way it mounts.

frame heads to stripping tomorrow, your replacement lowers should be in progress.

red as in honda red or one of the fancy reds?

Just Honda red, I'm too hard on stuff to get fancy.:p I'm going to run a PRM skid plate. The others that only mount at the factory skid plate mounts don't hold up. I don't know if you noticed but the factory mounts are almost ripped off, they are useless at this point.

Pappy
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
I will remove those twisted mounts then:p

I was very satisfied with how your frame did this season. other then typical markings and the damage you did (trees dont movce uh...lol) there was not hardly even any marks from your boots rubbing!

cletusEX
01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I will remove those twisted mounts then:p

I was very satisfied with how your frame did this season. other then typical markings and the damage you did (trees dont movce uh...lol) there was not hardly even any marks from your boots rubbing!

Yeah the white held up awesome, I was surprised how well everything looked when I got it all stripped down.

cletusEX
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Any updates on the frame?

Pappy
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM
nick, frame is on my bench. all i have left to do is gusset the peg area now that i have your skid plate etc. my plan is to do your stuff in the morning and have kevin bring it to his work (haha not mine anymore:blah: ) on friday for you.

also, the rear hipers are in!

cletusEX
02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
nick, frame is on my bench. all i have left to do is gusset the peg area now that i have your skid plate etc. my plan is to do your stuff in the morning and have kevin bring it to his work (haha not mine anymore:blah: ) on friday for you.

also, the rear hipers are in!

Sounds good.

Pappy
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
frame was actually done yesterday, cody just finally took a pic of it for you

i also heard from lSR today that your replacement lowers shipped today