PDA

View Full Version : Future of ATVs ... BRP E-Tec Engine.. Could This Be??

Quad18star
01-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Well we all know that BRP likes to step up to the plate and usually raise the bar in the industry on various levels.

I mean look at some of the equipement they produce ..... 255 HP Sea-Doos, beautiful Sea-Doo boats , advanced technology in their ATVs , E-Tec engines in their outboards and just this year they stepped it up in the sled industry with their new XP chassis which weighs in at less than 400lbs on one of their models.

With that being said , BRP just stepped it up and is releasing a 600 E-Tec engine in their sled...... 415 lbs sled. If that's not impressive enough , they went further .... this E-Tec engine will have over 70% better fuel mileage , 60% less oil consumption ... 3 year warranty on spark plugs AND a self summerizing device on the sled. Basically all guys have to do is push a button and the machine will fog itself for the summer in less than 2 minutes.

So if BRP is investing this kind of money and putting this kind of effort into their designs , just imagine what they could be doing with the ATVs. I think that an E-Tec engine in an ATV is just around the corner ... especially with the new emission laws.

These new E-Tecs burn cleaner than any other 2 stroke and even cleaner than some 4 strokes ... which that in itself is a major accomplishment.

What's your thoughts on this??

Hondamaster5505
01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
That'd be sick if they came out with a new-generation DS650 with a 650cc e-tec engine.

Thatd be awesome. As far as i know, those e-tecs burn cleaner than 4-strokes!

xrxmxcx
01-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Bombardier has steped up their game in the whole emmisions and user friendly capabilitys of the motors they are building. They are transferring knowledge from there marine division into the recreational vehicle market....

I work at a marina and we are a dealer for Evinrude E-tec outboad motors, and they are one of the most user friendly motors i have seen, i mean who wouldnt enjoy winterizing their outboard in a minute with the simple push of throttle and turn of a key. This is probably the same technology they are using with their "summerizing" feature. Granted i winterize boats like second nature and outboards are a cake walk to do, but the E-tecs are so easy i can winterize one and do another at the same time litteraly haha

TWILES
01-20-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd like to see open class ATV's again that really would haul *****. I had a Banshee and LT500R and it would be cool to see like a 600cc 4-stroke like the DS that didn't weigh a ton. Limit the 450s to say 50hp-ish to really keep the cost down motorwise so its a little more fair and let the open class be the show. Thats the way it is with crotch-rockets and snowmobiles. Why couldn't it be that way with ATV's?