PDA

View Full Version : elka front shocks

foxracer5464
01-19-2008, 05:21 PM
i just put my brand new rt ressie elkas on and im not to impressed i didnt get a chance to jump it yet but i did a couple wheelies and they seem to stiff on the way down any advice

400exrider707
01-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by foxracer5464
i just put my brand new rt ressie elkas on and im not to impressed i didnt get a chance to jump it yet but i did a couple wheelies and they seem to stiff on the way down any advice

You'll like them better when you get them in really rough stuff, but for the most part, the elkas I've bought and used, never had that plush feeling, they will only work OK on high speed hard hits and large jumps. They do NOT absorb the small stuff nearly as well as other shocks I've used.

foxracer5464
01-20-2008, 12:18 AM
ya i wish i did some more research before i bought them ifeel ripped off now lol

400exrider707
01-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Also they will soften up a little bit after riding them for a while, they seem to "break-in" too. I'd say after like 10 hours of ride time on them, if you're still not happy, send them out somewhere...

tys88r
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I will buy them!!:blah:

KingpinsEx
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
yea elkas are known for being a little on the stiff side, espically compared to other shocks. You will really appreciate it going through chop or whoops at speed though... I wouldnt say you got ripped off by any means, for the money spent, elka is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. They might not ride as great as axis,fox,or PEP but they are night and day better than riding stock suspension. If you got the remote ressize shocks they should have compression adjustment on them, just soften them up a few clicks and see how it feels. You really need to fine tune every shock to your riding enviornment, look for that happy medium. I like my shocks on the stiffer side personally because i ride aggressive. I would rather have the stiffness when i need it rather than a plush ride and bottom out. Also its hard to rate a shocks worth by doing wheelies...

jandjracing
01-25-2008, 02:26 PM
I have tried many different brands of shocks, and it is tough to be the new Motowoz stuff. They are plusher than any other, and have all of the bells and whistles that make a huge difference for the amount of compression you want. Your tripple rate spring setup on the Elkas may be too stiff up top....? Didn't mean to jack your thread, just thought I would mention an alternative. Later-