PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust questions (Stock pipe w/o arrestor?)

Reticle
01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I have an '07 450ER and I have added the HRC kit. My question is, are there any plus' or minus' to removing the HRC arrestor/endcap aside from noise? Would it need to be rejetted again (differently than the HRC jet/needle)? Any comments would be appreciated.

the Z Man
01-19-2008, 05:21 PM
It should be fine//

BlaineKaiser450
01-19-2008, 05:48 PM
yea its fine. i did that back when i had a stock pipe and an HRC

Reticle
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Good deal. I appreciate the replies. I mostly want to be able to switch back and forth for when I ride on public land and not have to re-jet each time.

Troyer23J
01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
The only real noticable difference will be noise. It will be louder. Why would you want that?

Reticle
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, it may have been a mind trick, but the throttle response seems much snappier with the arrestor removed.

Troyer23J
01-21-2008, 03:45 AM
Yeah, prolly in your mind. I read omewhere they did a pipe comparison while riding, then on the dyno. Most people said the loud pipe were more powerful, however on the dyno, they were wrong. Just seems that way b.c its loud.

Keep the arestor in, very little difference if any, and its much quieter. Yes, that matters, even on private land.

lumpyu812
01-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I dont understand some of you guys, in most cases when your out riding a loud pipe will save your life? I know loud pipes have kept me from wrecking where we ride and it also helps me to hear my bike so I can proprerly shift over my friends quads? Im not saying give yourself a migrane but there is nothing wrong with having a loud bike.

Troyer23J
01-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Saves your life? I can ALMOST see that with road bike, but quads, NO! Helps to hear you shift? HAHAH. Dont have much of a feel for your bike if you need that.

Anyone know why alot of riding places get closed? C'mon you can get it....

NOISE. People here load bikes and complain. Sure, they get cloed for other reasons, but thats a big one.

Dont you agree it brings negative attention for no reason?

Reticle
01-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Easy fellas. I just wanted to know if there would be any ill effects on my quad. I personally like the sound without the arrestor and it's a non-issue since I'm not riding on or near public lands. I wouldn't even think of riding without it on public lands for that matter.

lumpyu812
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Troyer23J
Saves your life? I can ALMOST see that with road bike, but quads, NO! Helps to hear you shift? HAHAH. Dont have much of a feel for your bike if you need that.

Anyone know why alot of riding places get closed? C'mon you can get it....

NOISE. People here load bikes and complain. Sure, they get cloed for other reasons, but thats a big one.

Dont you agree it brings negative attention for no reason?

well its different around here, where we are able to ride niose is not the issue and there are alot of clowns that come from around corners or ride opposite ways that we do and many have been badly injured because no one heard them coming, i agree that there is a too loud but I havent heard it yet, a good pipe makes just the right bark, a spark arrestor is childs play compared to it and yes sometimes when i ride with my 5 or 6 friends through trails i do need to hear my bike to switch gears, I have only rode the 450 like 5 or 6 times?