PDA

View Full Version : Snowing in Alabama

redlineranger
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM
its been 12 years since i've seen snow, 1996...... i was in kindergarden or 1st grade, and right now its snowing like all get out here in Wetumpka, AL.... were sposed to get 4-6 inches or maybe even more they say... this is the coolest thing ever lol. i'll post some pics up when they get done uploading to the computer. lol damn this is cool.

:D

kawiefan
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
wow 12 years. we cant go 12 days without seeing snow

trx400EXtreme
01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
i wish all the snow we get here would travel down there lol. i hate it. plus it's like 3*F here.:(

redlineranger
01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by kawiefan
wow 12 years. we cant go 12 days without seeing snow

lol yea i know what your saying it dont ever stop up there.

this alabama is weird though im tellin ya. hell the other day i was wearing shorts and short sleeves at work and now its snowing. its stopped right now, but is sposed to start back and give us about 3 more inches... theres bout a inch and a half on the ground right now maybe a lil more... for down here thats alot lol, we NEVER see this that much.

and this afternoon, for the first time ever i'll be hunting in the snow lol. i hope i get this big buck i got on camera the other day. tracking him will be easy

:blah:

01-19-2008, 10:28 AM
snowing in georgia all day too

01-19-2008, 10:30 AM
just cold in NJ:(

redlineranger
01-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by buggydays
snowing in georgia all day too

yea yall are gonna get it all day.... unfortunately the damn storm system shift up just enough for us to start catching rain now:(

supposedly it might pick back up here in a little while.. i hope it will but i dont know.

i might head back to my deer stand and sit up all afternoon... put a few tink bombs out and see if i cant catch that big ol buck slippin through the woods

450r51
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
hahahaha 4-6 inches? thats it!!!

i have about 3ft at my house right now and there calling for another foot of lake effect snow to fall tonight and into tommorrow.

i love when the southern states close the roads for an inch or two of snow or call states of emergency for a little snow.

6inches is nothing son!

416exfreak
01-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Its just cold and raining here in FL.

I wish it would snow. Ive never even seen snow...lol.:eek2:

Exrider434
01-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

i have about 3ft at my house right now and there calling for another foot of lake effect snow to fall tonight and into tommorrow.

i love when the southern states close the roads for an inch or two of snow or call states of emergency for a little snow.

6inches is nothing son!

I dont know what part of buffalo your from, but im a bout 15 mins outside of buff and we have maybe an inch of snow?

ZSNOW
01-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Its just cold and raining here in FL.

I wish it would snow. Ive never even seen snow...lol.:eek2:

hahahaa ill send ya some snow fedex ground:D haha

ZSNOW
01-19-2008, 04:21 PM
we have 51" of base at the ski slopes and snowmobile trails:eek2:

416exfreak
01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
hahahaa ill send ya some snow fedex ground:D haha

Send it to me. I wanna see it.

Lol.

hondarider101
01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
it snowed a little bit here in north carolina but not enough to ride in. it was still fun to play in though.

ZSNOW
01-19-2008, 04:55 PM
haha by the time you got the snow it would be water...that was the fed ex ground bit:D

but ill check and see how much it is haha then if its realy cheap ill send a snowball in a cooler hahahaha

250R-Dee
01-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Been snowing here off & on for 3 weeks but it doesn't stick because the temp is always 1*c or 3*c. I froze my butt off in Tokyo last week while at the Auto Salon. It was -7*c and all I had was a sweatshirt and some cheap gloves that I bought at Seven-Eleven:eek2: . I just want the snow to stick before I move back to Okinawa on the 29th. I have seen snow since X-mas '99 and the complete whiteness of Hokkaido nearly blinded me:chinese:

redlineranger
01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 450r51

6inches is nothing son!

well note that i said it never really snows here so that is something to me, and everyone else that lives down here.

the snow has just now fully melted so thats about right for the snow storms we get... enough to build a few snowmen, and peg the hell out of people in snowball fights lol.

250R-Dee
01-19-2008, 06:09 PM
I hope they are taking care of the roads!! When I was a kid we would ride around on our 3-wheelers looking for people who had "slipped" off of the road. We knew a couple tow truck drivers so they'd pay us to "spot" customers for them and sometimes the people would pay us too:p . That was in Tuscaloosa and Bibb county.

Nick110
01-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
I dont know what part of buffalo your from, but im a bout 15 mins outside of buff and we have maybe an inch of snow?

Im 450r51's brother. We live in Boston NY on top of the hill. Boston is next to OP if you didnt know where it was.

Giz400ex
01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
I dont know what part of buffalo your from, but im a bout 15 mins outside of buff and we have maybe an inch of snow? Its the same here, 15mins west of Albany. Maybe 1 inch on the ground and then your piles. It is funny that my folks go down to SC for the winter months and when they get an inch or two, the whole state goes into emergency and accidents all over the place. I understand that they don't get alot of snow like we do but.....:D You would think that they we would be extremely cautious:huh All you southerns, if you like the snow?? tell the weatherman you want it all because I sure don't want it:eek2: Have fun:D

quadrcr161
01-19-2008, 07:17 PM
should have been at the midsouth xc race today, its just little over an hour east from wetumpka and it got twice as much as it did here in wetumpka. it was cold trying to ride.

redlineranger
01-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
should have been at the midsouth xc race today, its just little over an hour east from wetumpka and it got twice as much as it did here in wetumpka. it was cold trying to ride.

lol damn i bet it was cold... i wish i would known about the race though.

Quad18star
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
We got dumped on the other night with over a foot of snow. It took me 2 hours to plow my driveway and my neighbours driveway with the quad .... I had her working HARD and she overheated on me a few times.

In the last week we've gotten over 2 feet of snow and they're expecting more. Right now it's extremely cold though ... -35 celcius.

Anyone that wants this snow and cold can have it ... I'm fed up with winter already. :mad:

redlineranger
01-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
We got dumped on the other night with over a foot of snow. It took me 2 hours to plow my driveway and my neighbours driveway with the quad .... I had her working HARD and she overheated on me a few times.

In the last week we've gotten over 2 feet of snow and they're expecting more. Right now it's extremely cold though ... -35 celcius.

Anyone that wants this snow and cold can have it ... I'm fed up with winter already. :mad:

well, i like snow, but i want nothin to do with all that business your talkin about lol... i deffinately dont want those kind of snow storms

Quad18star
01-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
well, i like snow, but i want nothin to do with all that business your talkin about lol... i deffinately dont want those kind of snow storms

The worst part was , when the bike started to over heat , I had to finish clearing the snow the old fashioned way ..... shovel and muscle...... God I love the quad . LOL :p

To top it all off , I had plowed all the snow to the end of the driveway and was going to then push it into the ditch. Well once I had it all at the end of the driveway , that's when the quad decided to crap out , so I was left with a 4 foot high bank at the end of the driveway which needed to be cleared before it turned itself into a solid block of ice. :grr:

Hondamaster5505
01-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Its snowing in Alabama and Georgia, well what an arse Al Gore looks like now.

So much for Global Warming:rolleyes:

ZeroLogic
01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Its snowing in Alabama and Georgia, well what an arse Al Gore looks like now.

So much for Global Warming:rolleyes:

That must of been the most rediclous comment I have read so far this year.:huh

Giz400ex
01-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Thats just another thing for us taxpayers to fund for:huh a waste:grr:

Hondamaster5505
01-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
That must of been the most rediclous comment I have read so far this year.:huh

how is it a rediculous comment? Al Gore does already suck, and after claiming about this "Global Warming" now its snowing in Georgia. He looks even more stupid now. I never believed global warming anyway.

Not to mention, he talks about it all the time, yet he flies his gas guzzling private jet everywhere:huh Yeah, thats really helping this "global warming"

250R-Dee
01-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Either you do not understand global warming or you are assuming that it has never snowed in the southeast!

Do yourself a favor a research the term "GLOBAL WARMING" so you can enlighten yourself. Global warming also causes wacky weather patterns like COLDER WINTERS, tornadoes in January, abnormal dry spells and so forth.

We haven't even made it to the second month of the year and you've already won the "stupid comment of th year" award :blah:

NJ450rider
01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Hah yeah global warming causes cold and hot conditions. Not just warmer ones like you think.

Perfect example i here in NJ its been warm till today(20 outside) lol. And to me 45 to 50 in january is warm!!

We havent had any amount of snow in like 2 years lol

madskrillz2
01-20-2008, 04:07 PM
it pisses me off how we (Alabama) almost always get skipped. everybody around us (Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, and hell even Florida sometimes.) always get snow. like the TS said, i haven't seen a good snow since i was like 6 or 7 and that was '96 or '97.

the weather here has been weird too like he said. last week or the week before it got up to friggin 80! the day before it was like 40 and i went out in my winter gear and about died.

ZeroLogic
01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
how is it a rediculous comment? Al Gore does already suck, and after claiming about this "Global Warming" now its snowing in Georgia. He looks even more stupid now. I never believed global warming anyway.

Not to mention, he talks about it all the time, yet he flies his gas guzzling private jet everywhere:huh Yeah, thats really helping this "global warming"

Do some reseach there kiddo.:ermm:

450r51
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Al Gore = MANBEARPIG