PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the future.

rYan01400EX
01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
So, I hear this story in school about how something is supposed to happen on December 21st, 2012. Whats this all about? Personally, I think it's a bunch of bull. I heard the earth was supposed to start spinning the opposite direction. How in the hell is it going to do that? Is it just gonna halt to a stop and the next day when I wake up, I'll be like man, I'm going backwards. This all seems stupid to me.

I'd like an answer from some that have a little more education. Is this just some theory some people have thrown together. I know the planets are supposed to align, but what happens then? Is anything going to happen? You tell me.

NJ450rider
01-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Hah funny someone brings this up. I dont think its the earth thats gonna spin the wrong way or anything like that. Although they say all the planets are going to align. also i watched and read something about the 10th zodiac sign will apear than as well and it has something to do with destruction. the main thing about 12/21/2012 is that not only did norstradamous predict that would be the last day we exsist. Its also the last days of the mayan and ancient chinese calendars. Which in its self is crazy to think about because how could 3 different civilizations predict the world would end all on the same day!?!?! Is it just pure chance they all said the same day?

Even worse is the lost book of Norstradamous that was recently found and predicts all the events that lead to the end. Basiclly he says that there will be three factors that will lead to the end

1. A war started in the middle east by the united states(iraq war)

2. Not pope benedict arnold but the one that will take over is gonna bring down the catholic church and start another holy war of all the religions.

3. Ultimatly a war between the east and west will be faught and doom us all.

Many people believe that the iraq war now is what he was talking about and the countdown clock to our doom has started. So needless to say start living life to the fullest now. We got 4 years left on earth. have a good day........

01-19-2008, 06:24 AM
yea and in the another book it also predicted that date it was like a holy book wrote by the saints and it said once there is a black pope the skys will turn red and people will cry blood. Thats why when the last pope died a lot of catholics were afraid the black pope is going to win becuase he had the 2nd most amount of votes!!! scary stuff if you thing about it

cdrookie
01-19-2008, 08:52 AM
and if you look back in history a little bit and read into these "predictions" you'll discover the world ending during WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietman, and the Persian Gulf. and don't forget about Y2K! wheh! luck we made it past that one!!

when Yellowstone erupts we might be introuble:ermm:

NJ450rider
01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah ive watched that to how yellow stone is one giant volcanoe that could errupt(or will for that matter). One way or another something is gonna get us all. I would like to think that it will be far into the future alot farther than 2012. But who knows norstradamous's prediction about the iraq war starting the end of the world isnt to reassuring. :ermm:

cdrookie
01-19-2008, 09:42 AM
ya, but they were saying the same thing when the persian gulf war started and thats been what, 16-17 years...

JForestZ34
01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I think we are screwed.. !!!!

James

01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
We should just kill ourselfs now

01-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
Yeah ive watched that to how yellow stone is one giant volcanoe that could errupt(or will for that matter). One way or another something is gonna get us all. I would like to think that it will be far into the future alot farther than 2012. But who knows norstradamous's prediction about the iraq war starting the end of the world isnt to reassuring. :ermm:

the yellowstone volcano will only mess up america I dont think its going to have a world wide effect. Ill just hop over the pond back to europe

NJ450rider
01-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Um when a volcano errupts the whole worlds climate changes one way or another. Ever watch the show "the year with no summer" or whatever it was. I think it was a volcano that errupted in 1836 and there was no summer in alot of the world that year. just cold and snow!

416exfreak
01-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Polak1035
the yellowstone volcano will only mess up america I dont think its going to have a world wide effect. Ill just hop over the pond back to europe

It may only afffect the USA for a period of time. But over a few months, or less, the volcanic ash will spread throughout the aier and the atmosphere and ultimately lead to something similair to a nuclear winter.

I was just watching "mega disaster: Asteroid Apocalypse" on the History channel. It was an eye opener.:eek2:

nickmelll
01-19-2008, 11:39 AM
i think the ninjas r gona get us:chinese:

416exfreak
01-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by nickmelll
i think the ninjas r gona get us:chinese:

Or these guys:chinese:

nickmelll
01-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Or these guys:chinese:

lmao thats great

JOEX
01-19-2008, 02:10 PM
I belive the December 2012 date has to do with the 'Myan End Times". It's not neccessarily the end of the world, it's just a 'change'. You'll have to look it up...

416exfreak
01-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I belive the December 2012 date has to do with the 'Myan End Times". It's not neccessarily the end of the world, it's just a 'change'. You'll have to look it up...

Your correct. Its just a change in our existance. I dont think its the END of our existance though.

<a href="http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html">Here is the info on the 2012 issue</a>

cannibal67
01-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Front row seats to the end of the world! Pretty crazy but we will see what happens.

416exfreak
01-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by cannibal67
Front row seats to the end of the world! Pretty crazy but we will see what happens.

Front row seats?

Screw that... I'll be at the track soaring through the air or screwing my girlfriend. I could care less about the end of the world. I wouldnt want to see that anyways.

BlaineKaiser450
01-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll be at the track soaring through the air or screwing my girlfriend. I could care less about the end of the world. lol same here

ZSNOW
01-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Front row seats?

Screw that... I'll be at the track soaring through the air or screwing my girlfriend. I could care less about the end of the world. I wouldnt want to see that anyways.

i third that lol. ill be spending every day before that day at the track . that was i have a reason to go to the track. then if we don't all die. ill have ridden for monthes for fun haha

kawiefan
01-19-2008, 04:50 PM
i would try to do everything fun thats possible and probably killing myself in the process, but i wouldn't care since the worlds ending

Seano300ex
01-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
i third that lol. ill be spending every day before that day at the track . that was i have a reason to go to the track. then if we don't all die. ill have ridden for monthes for fun haha
for sure, i will be at breezewood that whole week, maybe 2! i just googled dec. 12,2012 and so much stuff came up. why cant the world end in the year 3000 or something, so we will all be long gone:(

TWISTED DINLI
01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Look guys, everyone thought it was going to be the end of the world when the year 2000 came. what happen that day? nothing. it was just a regular day

my88r
01-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
Look guys, everyone thought it was going to be the end of the world when the year 2000 came. what happen that day? nothing. it was just a regular day

i believe that December 21, 2012 will be just another day also.

rYan01400EX
01-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I too believe it will just be another day. Anybody can predict anything. But hell, half the time, weathermen can't predict the weather..

my88r
01-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rYan01400EX
I too believe it will just be another day. Anybody can predict anything. But hell, half the time, weathermen can't predict the weather..

lol. what else will they come up with after December 21, 2012?? :p :D

rYan01400EX
01-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Jeez. Im tellin' you. I read about it. All I seemed to find was stuff about the sun.

Anvil
01-20-2008, 01:09 AM
some folks spend thier whole life worrying about that sort of stuff, enjoy your time here, non of us make it out alive anyway.

On the other hand if those doom sayers would like to pass on all thier wealth to me on 20th Dec 2012 as a sign of thier committment, I will greatfully accept it.:D

gncc025
01-20-2008, 02:19 AM
the world will end someday. theres really no way around it. i dont believe it will be in 2012 though. i think it will come when we least expect it or it will end when we just run out of resources to live on. I know im not gonna lose any sleep over it.

<DRS>GPF
01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
the 2012 theory is probably based on the release date of microsofts next OS version.

then we'll build robots that take over for a short period, just before the apes rule.. "take your filthy paws off me you damn dirty ape!"

:D

madskrillz2
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah and anybody remember the most recent one? 6-6-06? that one was talked about a good bit.

seven
01-20-2008, 05:11 PM
If you read the bible or believe in it, It says no man shall know the end times. Everybody and there mother has a opinion on it. May happen on that date, May happen sooner, may happen much later. At some point in time it will come to a end, everything does.

mineralgrey01gt
01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
best thing to do is to live day by day and dont think about the future, its what i do and trust me, it helps a TON and cuts down on stress majorly

madskrillz2
01-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by seven
If you read the bible or believe in it, It says no man shall know the end times. Everybody and there mother has a opinion on it. May happen on that date, May happen sooner, may happen much later. At some point in time it will come to a end, everything does.

You're exactly right but Revelations kinda tells you what to expect.

Toadz400
01-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
when Yellowstone erupts we might be introuble:ermm:

That's the one thing I'm definitely not looking forward to. If you don't know about it, look up Yellowstone and what's underneath it. If Yellowstone erupts (which it will eventually, we're just not sure when) you can bet your butt it'll either be the extinction of us and everything else or pretty darn close to it.

JOEX
01-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
You're exactly right but Revelations kinda tells you what to expect.
But does it tell you when? That's what seven's post was about. Not what but when....

seven
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
My point is to say it will happen on this day at this time is pure speculation know matter what you believe. Its kind of a oxy moron. It tells you all these signs of what to expect and then tells you, I wont tell you when. Its just one of those things you have to take for what it is. I do agree though that threw the ages it has come and gone MANY times over. Latest being Y2K.