PDA

View Full Version : guitar help

brendn35
01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
ive been playin for about two years now and im kinda stuck n cant progress. i dont suck but im not great by far.. i can play BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE and THE DOPE SHOW all the way thru. but i all the songs i wanna learn are too hard... does anyone have any suggestions on a song or what songs they started playin?? thanks

416exfreak
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
I regularly play stuff by Trivium, Job for a cowboy etc.

The only tip I can give you...

Learn the positions and then the speed will come to you. Ive been playing for 3 years BTW.:D

guitarfan4life
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Speed isn't everything either. I play anything from Steve Vai, Satriani, and Dream Theatre to SRV, Hendrix, and Eric Johnson to Atreyu, Killswitch, and AILD. The last sentence pretty much explains what I'm trying to say. Play a variety of stuff, don't just stick to the stuff you absolutely love to listen to. Playing stuff you don't enjoy can be very beneficial to your playing.

If you really want to learn some sweet technique send me an email to prestonbumpus@hotmail.com and I would be glad to send a couple of freakishly cool dvd's your way. Don't know if you know who John Petrucci is, but once you take a listen you'll be hooked immediately. Only downside is, you REALLY have to want to improve to actually be able to learn from these dvds. They are sort of boring at times.