PDA

View Full Version : How do i change my tires on my beadlocks?

atvmaster0927
01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
ok i have a pair of tires on my douglas beadlock wheels(singal bead, i think)...ok so i took the beads out of the front(outer) part of the wheel But the tire wont come off the rim...how do i get it off? Also how would i put the new tires on? Can i use a tire machine thing that puts tires on the rim?
I need help...all help appriated.

Thanks,
AJ

TRX450RACER174
01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
So you took off the ring right? now you still need the tire busted off of the bead, if you dont have any tools to do so take it to a tire shop and just have them pop the bead off, you don't need to have them put on no special tools needed for that.

atvmaster0927
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
So you took off the ring right? now you still need the tire busted off of the bead, if you dont have any tools to do so take it to a tire shop and just have them pop the bead off, you don't need to have them put on no special tools needed for that.

Yes i have the ring off.

But, if i pop the bead off, dont i need to get a new bead to put a new tire on?

atvmaster0927
01-19-2008, 07:43 AM
BUMP...i need helpp!

TRX450RACER174
01-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Your changing the tire right? the bead is where the tire seats on the rim, single beadlocks are as they state the beadlock only locks one side of the tire on the rim the other side is free to come off, once you break off the inner bead you just pull the rim off the tire i can't explain it any easier then that, take them to a tire shop to get the inner bead broken so you can get the rim off.