PDA

View Full Version : 400ex clutch

KwAdUp
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
After putting the 440 kit, stage 2 cam, k&N air filter, fmf jets new cylinder head and new valves my clutch is slipping really bad. So i got a really good deal on a whole clutch still together off of ebay. I just got it in today and i was wondering if you guys could give me a detailed description and maybe some pics to show me how to do it. Also is there something i should look for in this new clutch that would cause slipping.. Thanks

burcham400#39
01-19-2008, 07:43 AM
before u put that new one in , get some stiffer clutch spring that engine is putting out to much for the stock ones to hold it , changing it is easy ,tip your quad on its side , and take the bolts out of the side cover and don't forget about the bolt that runs through the oil filter cap its the long one , push on the arm that your clutch cable attaches to and the side cover will pop off,make sure u don't drop the spring that goes to that arm when u pull it off and there will be some bolts on top of your basket take them off and your spring will be under those bolt , pull them off , then there will be a nut underneath take it off and pull your basket , when u put the new one in don't forget the sleeve thats goes in it, and make sure u have another gasket in case yours breaks during this

burcham400#39
01-19-2008, 09:09 PM
IF you would just put stiffer springs in the basket u got in, it will solve your slipping problems , and u will have a spare basket

KwAdUp
01-20-2008, 06:19 AM
alright thanks

440challenger
01-20-2008, 06:29 AM
hey man check out www.onlinemicrofiche.com for a breakdown

KwAdUp
01-20-2008, 08:13 AM
I cant find the breakdown on that page. where is it??