PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Racing

BossHogg420
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
What would be a good entry set up on a 400ex for gncc racing? Any advice for a first year racer tryin to get started in the sport? I've been riding technical trails for about 12 years now, just never raced in any events. Figured I'd give it a shot after graduation this semester.

bcg717
01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
not to get off topic, but where in ga are you? where do you plan on racing

BossHogg420
01-18-2008, 11:46 AM
i'm at Ga Southern right now finishing school, but i live on the north side of ATL. I mainly ride on trails and tracks in north ga area and durhamtown plantation. I prefer tight mountainous trials but love to haul *** out at durhamtown. GNCC goes through Washington Ga at Aonia Pass in march but I dont think I have the resources to race it this season. Next season I would drive to any of the surrounding states to race.

coryatver
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
First get yourself in good shape. Run, ride a bike, work out whatever. I ran track and field and ran at least 5 miles a day and lifted and i was still beat at the end of races. It is a lot tougher then it looks!

1. chassis and swingarm skid plates
2. 6 ply tires all around
3. front shocks
4. rear rebuild and link

thats the minimum i would do. you could race with stock shocks but you will be hurting.

got more cash

steering stabilizer
flex bars
416 bore
beadlocks
+1 a-arms
tireballs

unscrew gas cap, push a 450 underneath and screw back on:D

BossHogg420
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
what compression setting would be optimal with stock shocks.......2 or 3?

coryatver
01-19-2008, 08:09 AM
whatever you feel comfortable at. You should bottom out the shock easy once or twice per lap then you know you have it set right. But with stock shocks it really doesn't matter because the adjustment on them is about worthless and its not really a compression adjustment at all. Just to warn you they will last about 1 lap and then turn into pogo sticks and then your just going to have to try and hang on.