PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong?

casey_lamm
01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Just wondering what I might have done wrong.

I just finished installing:

Weisco 11:1 piston
Hot cams stg 1
K&N powerlid

Jetting is 42/ dynojet 170

Finished breaking in the cam.

The thing seems to have very little power at all levels. I cant even bring the front wheels up w/o slipping the clutch. I hoping that this is something that can be cured, otherwise I just wasted alot of money because the power and response were way better before.

I would normally think that its just jetted too rich...but it doesn't seem to be bogging and sputtering.

Please give me some advice as to what to look for.

Thanks.

casey_lamm
01-18-2008, 11:10 AM
my exhaust is a hmf slipon if that helps.
Originally posted by casey_lamm
Just wondering what I might have done wrong.

I just finished installing:

Weisco 11:1 piston
Hot cams stg 1
K&N powerlid

Jetting is 42/ dynojet 170

Finished breaking in the cam.

The thing seems to have very little power at all levels. I cant even bring the front wheels up w/o slipping the clutch. I hoping that this is something that can be cured, otherwise I just wasted alot of money because the power and response were way better before.

I would normally think that its just jetted too rich...but it doesn't seem to be bogging and sputtering.

Please give me some advice as to what to look for.

Thanks.

gcart2
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
check jetting and carb

wifehatesit
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
valves out of adjustment or blown/improperly installed head gasket.

1) check valve adjustment to make sure valves opening all the way/not stuck open

2) do a compression check to see if u have compression. autozone sells compression testers cheap.

let us know.

casey_lamm
01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
im putting money on the jetting/carb, valves are being checked 1st then onto the jetting. I dont think its the head gasket. when its turning over it sounds like there is plenty of compression..will let you know a little later.

keep the ideas coming.

Originally posted by wifehatesit
valves out of adjustment or blown/improperly installed head gasket.

1) check valve adjustment to make sure valves opening all the way/not stuck open

2) do a compression check to see if u have compression. autozone sells compression testers cheap.

let us know.

casey_lamm
01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Yea its fixed...and im happy again. Turns out the throttle cable got messed up...it had almost 1/2in of slop...how why this made a difference i dont know...I also changed the clip position.

Wow...the thing stands staight up....again all i can say is wow...im very very happy.

Originally posted by casey_lamm
im putting money on the jetting/carb, valves are being checked 1st then onto the jetting. I dont think its the head gasket. when its turning over it sounds like there is plenty of compression..will let you know a little later.

keep the ideas coming.