PDA

View Full Version : It's finally happening......

Pappy
01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
For the past 18 years I have been employed with the same company and in roughly 3 weeks, the business will be sold and I will be on my own:p My wife and brother also will be leaving there as they have both been with me for over 10 years.

So, I reckon some changes will take place with me, as going full time with my powder coating business and the Nikon will have to start paying more of the mortgage:eek2:

Kind of scary, but the wife will be off looking for a new career and I am still trying to convince my brother to open a store front so we can grow in other areas of the sport (He is an excellent mechanic and does all my builds)

Change can be good they say so we will see!

BlasterEaten250
01-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Good luck with whatever happens, I hope it all turns out good for you.

jcv400ex
01-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Ken, you get told it a million times, but in the past 7 years that I've known you, i'm telling you, you've taken your camera skills to a professional level that is def. worth getting paid for.

And as soon as the Gov. deposits my refund check, I'll be sending you some 400ex parts to get powder coated.
:D

YannGumbo
01-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Wishing you the best in you new venture.

Pappy
01-18-2008, 07:51 AM
It has been alot of work learning the computer side of digital photography but I am getting there.

Many people think I am either full time pc'n or taking pics and for the past few years I have been just plain full time work with almost no relax time....which maybe with 1 job out of the way I will finally learn how to relax again:p

It should help with less confusion as I will be able to have some time to work on my business more without working until 2 am 7 days a week:scary:

gbcap
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
if you start one i am sure i'd be there way to much for my bank account to like.

Pappy
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by YannGumbo
Wishing you the best in you new venture.

Thanks Yann....Elka will be a big part of my future plans:D

bwamos
01-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Wish you the best of luck, but I reckon you guy's really don't need much "luck". ;)

I'd wager things turn out great for you guys.
Sometimes you have to get knocked out of your security zone in order to get out of the status quo rut. This potentially could be the best thing to happen in a while. ;)

I'm excited for you guys, and maybe you'll only have to work 70hrs a week.. lol.

smr
01-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Good Luck Pappy. It must be scary after working there that long. I am always afraid the same thing will happen to me Someday.

TURBO-530R
01-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Good Lock Kenny looks like we will have to make a new drop off point I got a ex frame for ya to do . turbo

Pappy
01-18-2008, 08:42 AM
No worries Jim, I still have to come to that area for Harley shops that I deal with

Im not scared at all, I have been wanting it to happen for quite awhile as I felt it was holding me back. We have busted tail getting our finances in order so that the drop in income wont be as hard to handle. My wife has us in pretty good shape, we both could bag groceries and cover our monthly bills. I can't believe she did it but she has:p

TURBO-530R
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
thats great i need a wife like that . when is the last time you will take drops in gaithersburg???

Pappy
01-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Im geussing through Feb 8th

kevin is staying on for a month or so to help with the change over but if anything happens I can always meet you

TURBO-530R
01-18-2008, 09:01 AM
ok i w ii get it down there jim

biker
01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
what is this business that is shutting down? I've heard you talk of working 2 jobs but never knew what your main job was!! just curious! goodluck in the new venture as well!

300exOH
01-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a great opportunity Ken. Best of luck to you and Bridget. (sorry if I spelled it wrong) I'm sure with your drive the PC and photography business will take off even more than it has. I'm sure all the folks here will be pullin for ya.:macho

TWISTED
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
I just wanna know what it'll cost to get you to come to my place for a photo day??? I've been waiting for two years..... Would love to have you guys come down and make it worth your while.....

Pappy
01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
It would depend on what you wanted etc. You get enough riders together and I am sure it wouldnt be to bad...besides...I have been wanting to come down there for a long time:p

TURBO-530R
01-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Pappy,
I will have the frame down there with in the hour

It needs a gusset kit cracks fixed and a High Gloss Black

NO flake

Thanks Jim

Pappy
01-18-2008, 10:40 AM
sounds good jim, kevin will bring it home and it will be gussetd this weekend, to stripping on monday

TURBO-530R
01-18-2008, 10:45 AM
thanks sounds great

smartypants
01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Best of luck pappy......:cool:

tim colston
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
My fathers motto is "the harder you work the luckier your are". Pappy you take a lot of pride in your work and you are a good business man. I don't know you from jesus christ himself but from the few conversations we have had on here, I am sure you will be just fine. Keep up the hard work and MAKE things work out for you. My dad is a self made man just like yourself and has set our family up for life. I have personally worked for him for the past 13 yrs and am trying to follow his footsteps in the business world. I feel that if you take the approach with this new venture you and your family will be fine. Good luck and keep that saying in mind.

diangelo#67
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
best of luck pap

kawiefan
01-18-2008, 10:20 PM
good luck pappy and hope you make out well with the changes

wvspeedfreak
01-19-2008, 05:33 AM
We wish you the best of luck.

Ghost-Rider
01-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Congrats and good luck.

<DRS>GPF
01-19-2008, 07:22 AM
ow, both steady jobs at once...
my wife and i have always avoided employment in the same place for that fear alone..
i wouldnt wish that scenario on anyone in these times.

good luck and i do hope things turn out for the best.

unemployment has seriously weighed on my mind for about a year and theres not alot of jobs to speak of around my area.

can i ask where you were working? and where did the job go? (my own curiosity.. and worries..)

Pappy
01-19-2008, 07:46 AM
where i worked isnt important. maybe after i am gone from there for awhile i will release it.

the owner of the business of 38 years has decided to retire. i was offered the business but after 18 years im done with it. (reasoning is more of why i can not release where it is because i could vent for days...lol)

the owner has been like a dad to me over the years, and even allowed me to work my business and the racing without question, he supports me 110% so in that respect i am ever grateful.

the wife and i knew that working together could be an issue at some point, but i couldnt have lasted (or the business) for this long with out her. she is also looking forward to a career change. we both have refused raises so that we did not get dependant on a large salary so it shouldnt be hard to replace. (sounds weird but the freedoms we have enjoyed have far outweighed the money we could have made through normal raises)

benefits is what she is looking for, with the boys racinga nd me in harms way at each event getting pics(come to one and follow me if you think otherwise..lol)

we refuse to fail, wont be part of the big corperate world and will charge ahead!

SRH
01-19-2008, 08:20 AM
goodluck, youll make it

biker
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
sorry! was just curious:confused: goodluck!

pro-rider46
01-19-2008, 11:40 AM
good luck pappy, im sure you are making the right decision...