PDA

View Full Version : 4Snow?

04hemiboy
01-18-2008, 07:22 AM
On my last ride in Quebec, I noticed these YFZ's and 450r's running 4 Snow tires in the mountain. They seemed to be moving right along with them, so I went out and bought a set for my sons 300ex. The Sporties I saw seemed to have like 9-10" ground clearance to them. How much air do you put in these things? The normal 4-6lbs? or are you guys putting like 30lbs to jack the *** up some? Any other way to get some extra ground clearance?

JIMFROMTEXCO
01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
dont they expand when they spin? i was looking into a set for some winter riding.

04hemiboy
01-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO
dont they expand when they spin? i was looking into a set for some winter riding.

Yes they do, and they work extremely well. It's just that the bikes I saw were pretty high. When I installed the 4Snows it just seem as high as them other ones. These tires don't look like much but what a world of a difference.

bwamos
01-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Being in the snow, I'd assume you'd want 3 to 4psi for maximum traction.

MTDman11
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
i have stock tires on mine about 40% tread left 2 ^_^. i went out and bought my pipe and said f... the tires. winter came and i was sliding around a ton. i went onto rockymountainatv and i found tusk v bar chains. they are normal chains with v spikes on them so 2 spikes per link. what a difference!!!!! i rip right threw the snow. hey did i mention they are 30 dollars american for a pair (2 rears)!!! i also use them on pure ice and if i get a tiny patch of snow once i get up the front end in 4 or 5th gear they just hold it up all the way across the pond on pure ice. the only down side is that if ur in really deep snow thats powder they eat threw it sometimes but then get hold on the dirt so it all works out =].