PDA

View Full Version : Prp CRF rebuild coming together.

Rootar
01-18-2008, 05:59 AM
I know i havent been on here in a long time now but im pulling together my rebuild for my 08 Mx bike. Im stripping my 400ex crf down and it wont be ridden this year, i have built a killer Xc bike using the suspension on another 416ex i have, we rode that bike in the 12 hours of america and i cant bring my self to change it back since its just to much fun. That does leave me with only one Mx hybrid, my Prp.

Its getting the usual rebuild items and a few other odds and ends:

-Streamline wave rotors (all around)
-stream line pads
-rear caliper is being rebuilt and the fronts will be new
-Tag rear sproket w/ JT front sproket
-DID atv X-ring chain
-PC racing plastic renewed my fullbores
-goforit graphics
-attack graphics number plates/backgounds
-new tires
-new race motor (usual, hotcams, new cyclinder, 14:1, etc....)
-Shocks are actually getting vavled and resprung for my weight
-Flexx bars with a blue bar pad
- new blue powermadds
-blillet brake line clamps
-all new cables
-new tapered bearing carrier
-new bushings and bearings throughout
-custom modified nerfs with Pro armor peg Maximizers(way better than these AC racing super wide pegs)

here is what im starting with if you dont remember my prp

Rootar
01-18-2008, 06:06 AM
my front fenders all renewed :D i would say they turned out nice.

Rootar
01-18-2008, 06:08 AM
the rear fender look pretty good also, that place at the bottom left of the rear it where it was mleted back together after Jay wadded it up (who owned the bike before me). sorry the pic is alittle blury i dunno why my camera is acting up.

Rootar
01-18-2008, 06:10 AM
here is some of the stuff that came in yesterday (didnt open everything), the rest should be here today.

Rootar
01-18-2008, 06:13 AM
i also got some new gear and a new thor force carbon TA helmet .

Ruby Soho
01-19-2008, 05:20 PM
lookin good there

my 440 is getting done up now

it should look somewhat like your old 416 looked like:devil:

Rootar
02-04-2008, 06:04 AM
lil update, i took her to the track yesterday and the shocks are GREAT only thing i gotta do is put the rear number plates on.

Rootar
02-04-2008, 06:07 AM
couple pics from right before i finished a couple small things

Rootar
02-04-2008, 06:14 AM

figair
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
I love that quad, but I like it better w/the old plastics..HEHEHE
Sweet quad man, my fav
Eddie

Rootar
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
yea those graphics were falling off bad and the plastic was in really rough shape so since i couldnt afford new fullbores i fixed it up, i think it turned out pretty damn good for 4 year old fullbores that have been wrecked i dunno how many times before i owned, i post a couple more of me testing it out when i get off work tonight.

maybe later in the season i can scrounge for some new plastics maybe blue fullbores or blue front and black rear with K&K grpahics to tie them together jsut like on the fullbore site.

Rootar
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok here are the action shots, this double really threw you cockeyed

Rootar
02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
one of the two whoops sections at the track, this section is about 50 yards long and NONE of the dang whoops are evenly spaced or straight, needless to say even doubling through them proved to be a chore.

Rootar
02-04-2008, 07:41 PM
and one of the tables

btw on this section all this is in a stargiht line and its starts off with a tripple, then a stepup, then this table, then another stepup, then another table same size as this one......:eek2: did i mention this was a fun track

ss440ex
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
It looks like your ready for Village Creek,you going?

Quad looks good!

Rootar
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
How ya been Al? im definetly hope im ready for village, Ill be running A class so hopefully im on my game, maybe we can both have another good year this year.

btw i was talking to Dustin Sanders and he said they built an all new "quad" track at village and didnt know which one we would be racing on, do you know anything about that? anything that i need to practice for, i cant make it down there this coming weekend so if you know what the track is like be sure and let me know as much as possible.

thanks man, and hey where is the pic of your R i know you redone for 08?

312R1
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
Ok here are the action shots, this double really threw you cockeyed

Where is that track located?

Rootar
02-10-2008, 09:24 PM
its abouts 5 miles from Mayflower, Arkansas ill have a video of it up tomorrow around noon and ill update in the open forum with a link to it

quadcrazy02
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
the rear fender look pretty good also, that place at the bottom left of the rear it where it was mleted back together after Jay wadded it up (who owned the bike before me). sorry the pic is alittle blury i dunno why my camera is acting up.

Wy does it have to be my fault???? lmao

J51S
11-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Nice looking hybrid, looks like a beast. Good luck racing!

bansheebc
11-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Nice bike man.

Where you at in arkansas? I'm in south arkansas near texarkana.

Actually just bought a few bikes to get back into racing. Took a 7 year break.

Picked up my first hybrid from a member here. Walsh y450. Can't wait to try it out.

Anybody let quads Flat track Around your hood?

gtilley45
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by bansheebc
Nice bike man.

Where you at in arkansas? I'm in south arkansas near texarkana.

Actually just bought a few bikes to get back into racing. Took a 7 year break.

Picked up my first hybrid from a member here. Walsh y450. Can't wait to try it out.

Anybody let quads Flat track Around your hood?

Is this Bob that used to work at Magnolia? I used to buy a lot of parts from you and always liked your YFZ's.

If you just got a Walsh YZ, you're gonna love it.

bansheebc
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah dude. Man I'm actually flattered..Lotta people remember me.

But i do miss my yfzs. Bought another one. Leager,pep bike.

Ill end up.doing what i did to my old ones With the yz conversion.

Got a rage built trx too. Kinda jumped in full force. Lol.

my old buddy jay Holman (quadcrazy02) says that's his old bike he sold to the guy in arkansas.

Hoping i can meet Some more people. Find a close place to practice.

Gotta lot to learn again.

But spent a say at badlands. Felt good. Starting coming back to me.

gtilley45
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I miss my YFZ too, that thing was my baby. I've been seeing it on Craigslist and it's still pretty much the same. If I had the money, I'd buy it back. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/3282535638.html
I never converted mine over to the YZ setup, but I had the WR crank in it with high compression piston, port work, and FCI intake and it would scoot on pretty good.

I talk to Jay a lot. I think my rebuild I did on my hybrid made him want to do his. LOL

bansheebc
11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah dude. That does look good.

id love to have one of mine back. But no idea where they landed.

Ill.end up redoing this Walsh yz might go back black red like my old yfzs

Wish i had More pics of those. Jay happened to have one.

gtilley45
11-12-2012, 08:05 PM
What kind of details does your hybrid have?

bansheebc
11-12-2012, 09:09 PM
It was gill.Attixs bike.

Guy i got it from got it from jrspawn . Has axis x link titanium spring shocks. Yz450 4 speed motor wiry 480 big bore kit. 250r geo.

Sweet bike. I'm putting my super cub banshee together thursday. Then I'm going to post pics of all my bikes.

gtilley45
11-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Mine is a 450 4 speed too. Supposedly Walsh built it for Dave Diver back in the day.

Justin has had some nice bikes, so I'm sure you got a nice one.

hontrx265r
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
crazy how the hybrids have a narrow beginning usually with the pro's. I purchased 2 full laeger bikes when I started my crf. One was divers and one belonged to Creech. Obviously the one I still have, the other Pinit's friend Rick has and will probably someday finish the ktm drop in.
That yfz is still in mint condition it looks like, not a bad price either.

gtilley45
11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
I race with a guy that has one of Creech's old Walsh CRF's and another guy that has one of Tim Farr's old Laeger YZ's that he's converted over to a CRF.

Yeah, I really wish I could buy my YFZ back. I don't know how much it's been ridden or how well it's been taken care of, but it was definitely mint when it left here. I think it's funny that the add says "never competitively raced" and "quad built and Walsh parts installed in '09". I finished building that quad in '08 (the a arms and subframe were used) and I raced the piss out of it until I traded it for the hybrid. LOL

bansheebc
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
One of my Old tqra buddies calks em cheater bikes. Lol.

Ill.prolly buy or trade the trx for a aftermarket framed 250r soon.

Id love to have a 250r again.

bansheebc
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Dude from arkansas Must not get on much.

quadcrazy02
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey grant that Walsh that Bob bought is the one that I sent you pictures of back when i was at Lorretta's that belonged to hunter, you know which one I'm talkin bout lol

quadcrazy02
11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Dude from arkansas Must not get on much.

I have Ross's number if u want me to give him a shout, I'm going to bring my junk to east tx at thanksgiving so find us a place to go ride lol

bansheebc
11-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Hell yeah jay

I.think badlands practices all the time.

I Told Brandon To take off.

gtilley45
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by quadcrazy02
Hey grant that Walsh that Bob bought is the one that I sent you pictures of back when i was at Lorretta's that belonged to hunter, you know which one I'm talkin bout lol

Oh it is?! I thought Justin still had the one with the X link and all on it. I thought the one the guy in Tennessee had was another one he bought from Justin. But yeah....it's hard to go wrong with a Walsh YZ. LOL

quadcrazy02
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
I hear man, it's hard to go wrong with a Walsh crf!!! :D

quadcrazy02
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Hell yeah jay

I.think badlands practices all the time.

I Told Brandon To take off.

Yeah we cud hit up badlands then run down to Cody and Hunters and ride.

bansheebc
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Cody said their track is gone. just grass now.

motochamp250
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
still crying about selling it, and then i have to come on here and see ya'll all talking about it! :(

aint even changed my signature yet.... jay said i could stay in the cool club though! haha

bansheebc
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
lol Its in good hands though. taking it to get dyno'd tomorrow. then putting together the super cub banshee!!

another fun night at Damons.

If only Jay was there like old times.