PDA

View Full Version : My Starter Cylinoid wont stop clicking!!

raceready12
01-18-2008, 04:52 AM
When I push the start button on my 05 yfz 450 the starter cylinoid clicks for about 1 and a half to 2 seconds and then begins to turn over. i have replaced the battery and the starter cylinoid. nothing will work. does anyone have any suggestions.

Help ANYONE!!!

Please post something. I know you guys prolly think i am an idiot but i need help i cant even ride anymore.

Dr89
01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
once it does start to turn over though will the quad start up? if so how does it idle and run....?

raceready12
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Yes it will start, and it runs and idles like it should. I can't seem to figure out the problem but their is no performance loss. I'm not sure if their is a bad connection in the wiring harness or what. But all of my battery terminals are clean and the bolts on the cylinoid are tight and clean also. I hope you know something about this.

Dr89
01-28-2008, 08:16 AM
well i dont know if its the same problem your having but mine was doing somethin similar and it was usually because the battery wasn't all the way charged....a lot of the 04/05 yfz's have funny charging issues so even if you put a new battery on it it could still be slowly draining when you ride or as it sits.

if you havent already, hook it up to a charger for a while, then try to start it while its still on the charger and see if it still does it.

i ended up putting a much heavier battery on mine and havent had a problem since.