PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone accepted to college for next fall?

400exstud
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Is anyone accepted to college for next fall?

I've been accepted to UW-Madison, Milwaukee School of Engineering, and Marquette University.

Pretty set on Mad-town.

rancherrider69
01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
i got accepted to Alexandria tec a few months ago...

Bradracer18
01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm always accepted.....god school is never ending...lol....engineering blows....:)

400exstud
01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
I'm always accepted.....god school is never ending...lol....engineering blows....:)

Your in engineering? I am going for mechanical.

atvfrk10
01-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Im going to UMR for aerospace engineering

400sEXridr
01-17-2008, 08:55 PM
im in mechanical engineering right now at ohio northern university and im going crazy. im switching to technology next quarter because i need to be more hands on and engineering doesnt let me do that

Robin Hood
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by 400sEXridr
im in mechanical engineering right now at ohio northern university and im going crazy. im switching to technology next quarter because i need to be more hands on and engineering doesnt let me do that

Engineering is where the money is at!

Civil for me broski.:devil:

KXRida
01-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by 400sEXridr

haha I bet you're hating life right now. My brother just graduated from mechanical engineering. Wow is all I can say.

haha I've been out Mount Aloysius College for a year now, so I hope I'm accepted next fall lol.

Bradracer18
01-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Yep, I'm in Agricultural Engineering, the power and machinery part....so we are basically the same as mechanical engineers....just work more with diesels and such.

The demand is very HIGH for engineers, so stick with it boys!!! Its a tough four - five years....but it will pay dividends very soon! I'm just about out of my hard "core" classes that everyone takes....taking the last one finally this semester....dynamics. Its not looking so great....I got an A in mechanics, but dynamics is proving to be pretty tough so far...

parkers30
01-18-2008, 12:50 AM
My brother got accepted for several school s for different engineering programs, he is still up in the air as to what he wants to do.

If engineering in school is not what you want to do that doesn't really mean much for the careers you can get coming out of school. If you can get through, stick with it, it will be worth it. For example, I just finished my Mechanical Engineering degree and had job interest everywhere from manufacturing engineering, to testing, to reliability engineering, engineering analyst, technical management.

A fairly general engineering degree like Mechanical will serve you well in any technical feild you may want to get into.

NacsMXer
01-18-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Is anyone accepted to college for next fall?

I've been accepted to UW-Madison, Milwaukee School of Engineering, and Marquette University.

Pretty set on Mad-town.

I'm finishing up my last semester at Marquette. Tough school, but their good reputation will pay off when it comes time to find a career. It's different living in the city, I had never been to Milwaukee before coming to MU.

edit..they're actually building an entirely new school of engineering here at the end of this year. If it's anything like the new dentistry and law schools they recently built it should be extremely nice :macho

KXRida
01-18-2008, 09:55 AM
As for the demand for engineers, very true! My brother just got hired by amtrak in DC to help with their high speed rail stuff. He also got job offers from Norfolk southern, Timken bearings, and a bunch of other high speed rail companies from france. He used to work at a high speed rail company testing their wheel sets, so he's been getting a good bit of offers from high speed rail places.

I just can't wait till I graduate. Nothing like starting out at $25 an hour with the best beniefits in town.

Bradracer18
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Are you ^^^ going for engineering? If so, you need to look around....because I just had an INTERSHIP offer for $21/hr + good benefits.....so if you are looking for a job, I hope you are getting paid more that $4/hr than an intern.....just sayin, so you know....Remember, get paid what you think you are worth!!

KXRida
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
Are you ^^^ going for engineering? If so, you need to look around....because I just had an INTERSHIP offer for $21/hr + good benefits.....so if you are looking for a job, I hope you are getting paid more that $4/hr than an intern.....just sayin, so you know....Remember, get paid what you think you are worth!!

Nah I'm going for nursing believe it or not. Right now it's one of the most booming career fields. I already have an externship set up at the hospital over summer for $15.

MOFO
01-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Nah I'm going for nursing believe it or not. Right now it's one of the most booming career fields. I already have an externship set up at the hospital over summer for $15.

I sure hope you are doing this because you enjoy this type of work and not for the money... (it is a somewhat secure job too - especially with today's economy)

Nurses are WAY underpaid for what they do. The only time you really pull in some nice $$$$ is via OT...

chevy
01-18-2008, 07:50 PM
im in my second year of welding engineering and i love it. but i cant wait to get out in the real world and make some real money.
im thinking about possiby moving to another country for a couple years and hopefully make some big money.

400sEXridr
01-18-2008, 08:17 PM
the way i look at it is... ten years down the road i dont want my boss to say "can you use this machine(or whatever)?" and i say well i read about it in a textbook this one time.

but there are a lot of people out there who engineering suits them perfectly, its just not for me. i get like ADD or something like that when i sit behind a desk too long. they can teach me about why to do something till theyre blue in the face, but until i know the how, its useless to me.

KXRida
01-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I sure hope you are doing this because you enjoy this type of work and not for the money... (it is a somewhat secure job too - especially with today's economy)

Nurses are WAY underpaid for what they do. The only time you really pull in some nice $$$$ is via OT...

kinda doing it for both in a way. I didn't want to be a doctor and I didn't want to be an lpn or something of that sort, so an Rn was next on the list.

My dad (also an RN) pulls over $100,000 a year, but he's been at the hospital for 20 years and is in administration, so what else would you expect. Plus around here, you pretty much have the hospital or the railroad to make money. That's about it lol.