PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura's -- Alum. Airbox's

Brauap
01-17-2008, 06:37 PM
I am getting a Yoshi RS3, if there anything I should know before I buy?

Is a used full system as good as a brand new 1?

and what is the advage price for a used 1?

Now about the Alum. Airboxes. I am not sure if I should get an Alum. Air box, or not.

What are the ups and downs about it?

Is it worth the money?

Can you feel the difference?

and what brand do you have? Could you post pics and where you got it and for how much, and do you like it?

Thanks soo much! And remember, everbody loves pictures!!!!

-Braaup

exrider272
01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
i had a alum airbox in my old 400 and it was one that houses the batterie (sp?) and it was more of a pain that anything cuz there was no room for the air filter and when u had to clean it u had to diconnect stuff... but it does clean up the side of the bike .. thats the type u are thinking about getting?

Brauap
01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
yea, so you dont like it or you do? Also, did you reconize any gains?

SandNut777
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Insane Performance airbox I bought 1 on Ebay and it houses the battery also and everything fits beautifully in it. You can buy a cover for it but just get and outerwaresto keep the mud and water out of the air intake .I also moved the wires and the voltage regulator into by cutting a small hole in the bottom rt corner then sealed it with silacone. 2 years no problems I dont have any pics my desk top computer has bad videocard. IT WORKS GREAT.

SandNut777

Brauap
01-18-2008, 04:39 AM
SandNut, do you have any problems removing the air filter? I have a K&N. Would that work and would it still be easy to put in and take out?

Much Thanks,
Brauap

Slochrane
01-18-2008, 05:05 AM
Check my thread 400ex makeover I just installed a insane performance airbox. theres pics of it inside.

Exrider434
01-18-2008, 10:25 AM
does the alum. airbox really give any power gains, or does it just allow you to put the battery inside?

NacsMXer
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
does the alum. airbox really give any power gains, or does it just allow you to put the battery inside?

Not unless you're going from a stock closed-lid airbox to an open aluminum box.

exrider272
01-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
yea, so you dont like it or you do? Also, did you reconize any gains?

yeah i really didnt like it.. changing the air filter like a said was a B**** and was a pain but i would proble buy other one if i found another one just cuz it cleaned the side of the bike up so much..
i really could tell a difference but thats jmo..

SandNut777
01-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey whats up again . OK its is a tight fit and there is air flow difference to your advantage if you do not use the aluminium air box cover . I also run K&N with outerwares , just take your time and you will have little if any problems changeing or cleaning you stuff.use the outerwares if you are running no lid keeps the wetness out. cleans all the junk out form under the fender to.

SandNut777

SandNut777
01-18-2008, 09:58 PM
1 more

Brauap
01-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SandNut777
Hey whats up again . OK its is a tight fit and there is air flow difference to your advantage if you do not use the aluminium air box cover . I also run K&N with outerwares , just take your time and you will have little if any problems changeing or cleaning you stuff.use the outerwares if you are running no lid keeps the wetness out. cleans all the junk out form under the fender to.

SandNut777

Looks real nice! I am not cirtian about the two holes in the lid though! I do alot of mud, creek riding.. is any water going to get in?

Brauap
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Also, to get off topic real quick..what shocks do you have? 450R? also, do you hate em? love em? or are they ok?

SandNut777
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
if you do alot of mud rideing get the lid it will same you alot of problems. If your just hard pack dirt rideing or sand then take the lid off you will notice a difference.

SandNut777

97WarriorRider
01-19-2008, 07:20 AM
thats a sick @ss helmet..But why post a pic of it..And I dont think the alum. boxes are worth what they want for them..

SandNut777
01-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 97WarriorRider
thats a sick @ss helmet..But why post a pic of it..And I dont think the alum. boxes are worth what they want for them.. The helmet is the bomb and I do have it. as for the aluminum air box you can get it as a buy it now on Ebay for $95 through Insane Performance.

SandNut777
01-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I found my pics of the airbox.heres another