PDA

View Full Version : can i reverse my 2003 warrior rims

posluszny
01-17-2008, 02:00 PM
can i reverse my 2003 warrior rear rims. is it safe to do this?

CEOR
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM
You can......But its not recommended!

You'll throw off the leverage on your front shocks, making them act softer. Your steering radius will decrease. Will probably add more bumpsteer into the geometry. And it hammers your spindles. Idealy, you want the centerline of your wheel and tire as close to the centerline of the pivot points on your spindles. The list goes on....

I herd once, that anytime you flip your wheels around, someone kills a kitten. LOL

posluszny
01-19-2008, 10:02 AM
THAT S GOOD I ALREADY MOUNTED THEM THE CORRECT WAY MY ONLY PROBLEM NOW. IS THE PLACE THAT DID THE MOUNTING BENT THE RIMS. I'LL BE POSTING A NEW THREAD

400exrider707
01-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by CEOR

You'll throw off the leverage on your front shocks, making them act softer.

Incorrect, doesn't effect the shocks...

Will probably add more bumpsteer into the geometry.

Incorrect, bumpsteer is not effected by flipping rims...

Idealy, you want the centerline of your wheel and tire as close to the centerline of the pivot points on your spindles. The list goes on....

Correct!

you said it best with...

You can......But its not recommended!

CSR400EX
01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by posluszny
can i reverse my 2003 warrior rear rims. is it safe to do this?
flipping the REAR wheels will affect the FRONT spindles????? i flipped my dad's rear rims around on his warrior, and it is more stable in the turns. i can ride it faster through tight trails than my 450R lol

400exrider707
01-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by CSR400EX
flipping the REAR wheels will affect the FRONT spindles????? i flipped my dad's rear rims around on his warrior, and it is more stable in the turns. i can ride it faster through tight trails than my 450R lol

NO the rears wont effect anything... they should have already been on the wide way. They were probably on incorrect before and are on correctly now...

CSR400EX
01-23-2008, 05:49 PM
do some yamaha's have different offset wheels, because the tires and wheels are off of a different yamaha.