PDA

View Full Version : Winter build is on...

GIXXER1KR
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Well guys i finally made a decision on where im sending my motor .Its on its way to Chad over at DRG to do a port job,+1 mm exhaust valves,Ferrea Superflo SS valves with HD springs,Web 943 cam,DRG 14:1 race piston,new cyclinder and having my carb taper bored to a 43mm.I just got my front LT Motowoz rebuilt and revalved along with the new shock bodies and piggyback rezzies.Also had the Woz rear shock resprung and revalved for a more agressive MX build and what a huge difference.New Maxxis MX front tires on the way,rear axle,swingarm and link bearings and will be doing the timing chain and adding a Vortex clutch basket with the clutch mod and 3 CR500 clutch springs.New hood and debating on MX numberplates any ideas????Should be a ripper when all said and done...Ill post pics when all is said and done with a ride report....:)

chad502ex
01-17-2008, 01:05 PM
:macho

Yup!

its gonna be sick for sure! cant wait to start on it this weekend..

oh,... and I think I'm gonna install Ferrea Super-flo SS valves instead of KW... ;)

update that sig... hehe

GIXXER1KR
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow Chad its funny u mention Ferrea,,i havent heard that name in the atv scene much.But all the high output drag harleys and riceburners seem to know that name:p :) :D :devil: ...Is the spark plug # IFR8H11 and is a 64oz. container of engine ice enough and is it worth the money???

bloodmoney23
01-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
Well guys i finally made a decision on where im sending my motor .Its on its way to Chad over at DRG to do a port job,+1 mm exhaust valves,Ferrea Superflo SS valves with HD springs,Web 943 cam,DRG 14:1 race piston,new cyclinder and having my carb taper bored to a 43mm.I just got my front LT Motowoz rebuilt and revalved along with the new shock bodies and piggyback rezzies.Also had the Woz rear shock resprung and revalved for a more agressive MX build and what a huge difference.New Maxxis MX front tires on the way,rear axle,swingarm and link bearings and will be doing the timing chain and adding a Vortex clutch basket with the clutch mod and 3 CR500 clutch springs.New hood and debating on MX numberplates any ideas????Should be a ripper when all said and done...Ill post pics when all is said and done with a ride report....:)

sounds really nice, cant wait to get money so i can send mine in to Chad as well. With the number plates/backgrounds there was a thread a week or 2 ago about them and there was a place that did custom number plates with name and everything that were pretty sweet, i would def check it out. ill try to find the thread and give u the web address.

GIXXER1KR
01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks Blood and definately give Chad a call.Damn i wished he lived a little closer.Hes definately a cool guy.Know's his chit!!!

bloodmoney23
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.goforitgraphics.com there is the site for the number plates and stuff. hope its kinda what you are looking for. if not and you can design what you want yourself just take it to a local place and have them custom made.

chad502ex
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
yup, one container of engine ice is all you need...

patrickj75
01-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Updog does nice stuff, same with Skorbordz and BRM Offraod.

chad502ex
01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
I've gotten you cylinder head and carb today,... I plan on disassembling the carb tomorrow to get it over to the machinist this weekend...

I'm planning to get your head next on bench this weekend immediately after I finish up the two I'm working now...

ss440ex
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Sounds like a good time to show some pics of a build in work!!!

Get`em up....:)

GIXXER1KR
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Well ill post some tear down builds of the head work as Chad sends em if it cool with him.Definately looking forward to the end result.I orderd everything this week and all i can say is thank god for Uncle Sam willing to give me back a small portion of the hard earned money back to me that he ***kkking robs from me:mad:

chad502ex
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I've emailed you some others that I didnt want to post...

I like this angle for some reason...

chad502ex
02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
here's your new 14.5:1 stock bore...

this piston with a stroker will easily push compression to true 15:1.. of coarse, when you decide you need more...

chad502ex
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
:macho

xsr_racing28c
02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
GIXXER: You'll love your motor! I am 200% satisfied with my motor and was just floored with the power from the bottom right on up!

I can't wait to test my motor out @ a race this Sunday with my ice setup.

~Jay

IOWAracer
02-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I want to have a XC motor built reliability the issue any idea what that might run me?

BB

chad502ex
02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
IOWA,.... your questioning is vague......

it depends on:

builder choice
desired performance parts
labor costs
shipping costs...
how far you want to go with power,..

ect...

:D