PDA

View Full Version : Buying Dune Tires.......

BornOnFire
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
OK. I am finally going to bite the bullet and buy some paddle tires for the Thanksgiving trip to Glamis. I have a slight problem though. I really want the Sand Skate II's but they are sooooo darn expensive $224.99. My question is this. The GBC Sand Shark Tires at Rocky Mountain ATV look the same as the Skates but they are $70 less at $159.99. Package deals of course.

Do they really make that much of a difference? If I only go to the Dunes 3 or 4 times a year will I really need the Expensive tires or will I get the about the same results with the cheaper ones? I know the old saying "You get what you pay for" but I would like some opinions from people who have used them and can really give me an educated bit of advice. Sorry so long folks. Thanks for the help!

Glamis400ex
11-13-2002, 09:30 PM
Dude,

Trust me, the Sand Sharks are more than adequate enough in the dunes. I have had the same set on my 400ex for 3 seasons, and I go at least 12+ times a year.

The skate II's may be just a tad lighter. You wont notice the difference, really. Buy the sand sharks, you'll love em'.

Glamis

BornOnFire
11-13-2002, 09:38 PM
(sigh of relief) I believe you seeing that you are in S.D. and have been to the dunes a lot. What type of tires do you typically see out there on the 400EX's? Do a lot of people run Paddle Haulers on them???
Thanks..

Glamis400ex
11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
I would say 70% are v-blade(sand sharks)..... and 30% are straight blade(7or 8 blade)

You wont go wrong getting the sand sharks.

Glamis

Str8Wicked
11-14-2002, 03:07 PM
I got my sand sharks and have had no problems. Still look like new after about 10 dune riding days.... That ain't to much but I was still surprised how good they looked.