PDA

View Full Version : Nerfs and skids

yamaha1470
11-03-2001, 07:59 PM
hey i have a 400ex and i want a front bumper,nerfs,a arm guards, and a skid plate. Which type do u all have? Which are the best and easiest to install? Is the maier skidplate anygood?How hard is it to put on a bumper nerfs and skidplates? thanx

kc 300EX
11-03-2001, 08:30 PM
all the things you mentioned are fairly easy to put on, im not sure about this but i think on the 400EX nerfs are harder to install b/c there is some drilling required, maybe that is only certain brands, i really dont know. I really like the PRM Baja bumper, its kool looking, and strong, and not that expensive. I dont know much about A-arm guards, but I have a full chassis skid plate and a swing arm skid plate. They are both easy to install. I simply flipped my quad back onto the grab bar and did it standing up, as simple as putting on a few boldts.

Look in the reviews section for the maier skids, and also the PRM bumper

crday98
11-04-2001, 05:32 PM
PRM is the best on my opinion.good quality,durability,and cost.i hear they make nerfs now too but haven't seen them yet.

Warrioreater400ex
11-04-2001, 09:28 PM
i dont have skids....... but on the bumper and the nerfs..... graydon ALL THE WAY! the nerfs are strong, stylish, fairly easy to install, and look awesome. the bumper is STRONG, has great protection, and looks great too!

Pur Pony
11-07-2001, 06:21 PM
i am planning all PRM. I really like the look of their products and they have really good prices too. The only thing is... they dont make nerf bars :( ... so Im looking at the AC pro pegs

good luck

MichaelS693
11-07-2001, 06:24 PM
what about DG?

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\confederatesm].gif
FLY IT HIGH!

crday98
11-07-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Pur Pony
i am planning all PRM. I really like the look of their products and they have really good prices too. The only thing is... they dont make nerf bars

unless they changed their minds,i haerd that prm was going to start making nerfs.

Pur Pony
11-07-2001, 10:13 PM
I dont like the look of DGs stuff.... i guess that doesnt mean they are bad..... i just personally feel that there is better out there then DG

I hope PRM does make nerf bars- I love their other products
maybe ill wait on the AC pro pegs and see what PRM comes out with

11-08-2001, 11:52 AM
I have the AC Pro Peg nerfs and AC racing mud screen bumper. They are second to none. They are very easy to put on and look GREAT!!!! I promise you that if you get the AC Pro Peg nerfs you will not be dissapointed!!

400MXer
11-08-2001, 06:24 PM
I have a pair of AC Pro Pegs and they are excelent. Easy to install, NO drilling required and they are strong. THey look good to. Then i have a Duncan Racing Front bumper. I love the look of it. I don't have a skid plate, but i would get an AC. :macho

yamaha1470
11-09-2001, 03:30 PM
im going to put an order in soon and this is what i plan to buy:

Maier Skid Plate and A-arm guards
AC Front Bumper with Mudscreen
AC Racing Pro Peg Nerf Bars

How does this sound?

Dave400ex
11-09-2001, 05:13 PM
I like your bumper and nerf bar choice. I would get the AC full chassis skid and swingarm skid too. I have the bumper, full skid, and the swingarm skid, and I love the overall look and quality of the products. I will get their nerf bars someday.

400MXer
11-09-2001, 11:17 PM
Good choices. The AC bumper can be put through some S%&T and still look good, very durable.

I too would go with the AC skid though!

11-10-2001, 12:15 PM
HEY I HAVE A SET OF FRONT A-ARM GUARDS ABT 2 MNTHS OLD THAT IM SELLING AND ALSO DUNCAN RACING NERF BARS, BRAND NEW, LET ME KNOW, I NEED TO SELL THEM. EMAIL ME AT MOCAZEN@AOL.COM

kid300ex
11-10-2001, 05:01 PM
PRM has there nerf bars out for the raptor and 400ex i think, they are pretty cool looking

yamaha1470
11-10-2001, 05:42 PM
ok since u all said to look into the AC full chassis skid and swingarm skid im starting to consider it. Do they make an a-arm guard too? also how easy is it to install and how good is it. last do u loose a lot of ground clearence b/c i have heard a lot of swing arm plates give u a lot less ground clearence. how much do u think the ac will take off.

thanx:square

Pur Pony
11-10-2001, 07:06 PM
kid300ex!!!
where did you see the PRM nerf bars?? I just e-mailed them last night about them- any place on the web they have pics... didnt see anything on their website-

Dave400ex
11-11-2001, 08:50 AM
Go with the AC full chassis and swingarm skid plate, no doubt.

kid300ex
11-11-2001, 10:38 AM
I remeber seeing it on somene's website as a link, but I dont know which one, I see in the raptor section that they have them for it but no picture, then went up too the 400ex and they didnt have them posted yet or arent making them yet, they are under side bars.

Red Rooster
11-11-2001, 12:08 PM
I have a maier chasis skidplate and its holding up great!!! I bought it before they had one for tha 300ex so I have one for a 250x its about 8" short of the front bumper:( and I had to screw it to the frame:( But its better than my stock skids witch were totally thrashed from cornstalks. I would like to get maier a-arm skids too