PDA

View Full Version : clutch issues

nacnac250z
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
i know its prob somethin stupid but i just changed the clutch plates and springs on my bros 400 ex and now it will not go into gear. i think the problem is that something is stuck somewhere in the basket i pulled it back apart and the five bolts with spring bottome out before it gets tight and i can also move the plates a little, there not tight....also the plates spin but not the basket.................help

440challenger
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Well ... Did you put the judder spring and seat in correctly? Sharp side on the metals out? off set the last clutch plate? Without seeing it ,its hard to tell whats wong but hop onto www.onlinemicrofiche.com and check out the fiche' for the clutch breakdown to make sure you put it together right.

nacnac250z
01-18-2008, 04:09 PM
i figured it out the guy sent the wrong friction plates, they were almost half the thickness of the ones i took off, times that by seven and theres why it wasnt tight.

hornetgod13
01-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Sounds like the wrong clutch kit. You could put the old friction plates back in.

nacnac250z
01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
ya i used the old plates there steal they were still fine, someone told me that the kit is for a 250 r and 400 ex , the catch is the 400 is exactly the same but uses an extra plate or something like that, so anyone looking beware, but worst case the friction plates never realy go bad unless there aluminum and they warp if there steal your ok usually, thanks for helpin me out though