PDA

View Full Version : Crap help me out!

tar
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
So last weekend I decided to take my subframe off and paint it so I connected the wires that i disconnected to take my sub off and hit the start button (don't ask me why:ermm:) and I heard a click come from somwhere down by my battery. And after that my nuetral light shut off. I checked the fuse right there and it was good so I am wondering if I flucked my battery up or what?

lorenjr83
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
with the fresh paint your solenoid may not be grounded properly. try taking it back off and cleaning the paint off the frame where the solenoid contacts it and try that once

tar
01-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83
with the fresh paint your solenoid may not be grounded properly. try taking it back off and cleaning the paint off the frame where the solenoid contacts it and try that once

No I tried turning it over before I even put it back on the subframe. I know that was dumb:rolleyes:

klutch
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
My sisters 300ex has that same problem with the clicking.... though the click comes from the Relay... we haven't figured out how to fix it yet though...

limetimeracerII
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by tar
No I tried turning it over before I even put it back on the subframe. I know that was dumb:rolleyes:

Where was your battery grounded then? Sounds like a bad ground to me.

lorenjr83
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
i re read and re read your post. Quite a run on sentence you got there and kinda confusing.

You have to have a grounding problem somewhere

Ruby Soho
01-17-2008, 06:39 AM
i've had a bad ground MANY times. make sure the ground for the battery is VERY clean and bare. one time the ground was removed and put back on and it oxidized alittle bit, so when i went to turn it over it made a click and then just didnt have strenght to turn over. and the neutral light would dim. sounds the same as whats happening to yours

tar
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
No guys listen. I didn't have the battery on the subframe. It was just sitting on my nerf bars and I plugged all the wires together and tried to turn it over. The battery was not grounded to anything. Sorry if my post was confusing.

YZ400EX
01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
is the battery grounded now?? If not, thats the problem.. if the fuse is still good I would still say its most likely a ground problem..:D

tar
01-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
is the battery grounded now?? If not, thats the problem.. if the fuse is still good I would still say its most likely a ground problem..:D

No I havn't had time to put it back together yet. Good so you don't think I fried my battery?

YZ400EX
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
No not at all.. there is no way you could have w/out the battery being grounded.. Really you didnt do anything to hurt anything anyway..The click was basically the last bit of power that was left in the wiring system and probably just was enough to make the solenoid click and then all power was then gone because the power(battery) was no longer connected and thats why the neutral light also went out.. Once you get it back together and grounded properly it should work like it did before..:D

tar
01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
No not at all.. there is no way you could have w/out the battery being grounded.. Really you didnt do anything to hurt anything anyway..The click was basically the last bit of power that was left in the wiring system and probably just was enough to make the solenoid click and then all power was then gone because the power(battery) was no longer connected and thats why the neutral light also went out.. Once you get it back together and grounded properly it should work like it did before..:D

Thanks for the help man. I was worried I was going to have to buy a new battery

400sEXridr
01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
also one connecting point between the frame and subframe needs to be sanded for a ground i believe

Brauap
01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Coming from a 13 y/o.....

I am had that problem a few times..

Check all of these..

Make sure your to bolts on the Siliod are totally tightend

Charge your battery..

and if that doesnt work try a new Silinoid.. I bought a new 1 for 30 bucks.. on ebay..

And I didnt read all of the posts so somepoepl may have said this already.. soo.. sorry if I repeated anyone!

Hope this helps and Hope you get is fixed soon!
-Braaup