PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Head Pipe

honda123
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Okay guys I just installed a new Curtis Sparks Full Exhaust system with a ceramic head pipe. Aslo installed a new PC-111 Controller and mapped it with the proper map Curtis Sparks Full Exhaust with Factory air cleaner lid off. notice pipe glows right at the head outlet when idleing for 3 min or so with 35 degree outdoor temp is this normal??:confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
With the temp outside being low and the stainless head pipe being thinner than stock ,I would say if it is just glowing right by the motor you should be okay.

honda123
01-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Colby, thanks for the reply but from what I can see the creamic head pipe is definitly a thicker wall material then the paper thin head pipe. I was just wondering if i had to tweek the PC-111 to correct the issue or again is this just normaly with the KFX450?

orang_kawa
01-17-2008, 06:04 AM
hey dude most of the time it glows the bike is a little rich the gas is building up in side the head pipe not a big deal

kfxrules
01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
even as stock when i rode mine at night just barely idling along i noticed mine was cherry red all the way back to the stock slip on... and since the power commander and full hmf it is the same if not a little worse... and my bike is fine it hasnt' hurt a thing ride the hell out of it