PDA

View Full Version : considering building a hybrid

mineralgrey01gt
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
im considering building another 250r, but this one is a hybrid. There is a frame on ebay that already has all the mounts ready and pretty much the hard work done.

Are they really as much fun as they seem?

Is there anything else I really need to know about building a hybrid?

Since the mounts and everything is done, is there anything else I would need to fabricate to make it work? What about the exhaust?

It can take a yz426 engine and I know someone with one so thats why im considering building another.

beobe99
01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I also saw that on ebay and going to out bid you big time..

hehe! kidding, but i did see it and i think its an awsome idea. I always wanted a Hybrid. I would email the guy selling it and ask him whats all needed considering he may of done it already (unless he just came across the set up).

Also theres a Hybrid forum on the main forums page. If im correct the only thing you'll need after that frame is a custom intake set up but dont quote me on that.

I would def. go for it

mineralgrey01gt
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
lol, there is 2 honda hybrid frames for sale on ebay right now, that 250r one and a 400ex one. I thought I heard something about the chain being on the different side. I never really payed attention to the motor, I guess I need to look into that.

I may bid on it, hell noone else has yet and for that amount of money, its a damn good start

my88r
01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
lol, there is 2 honda hybrid frames for sale on ebay right now, that 250r one and a 400ex one. I thought I heard something about the chain being on the different side. I never really payed attention to the motor, I guess I need to look into that.

I may bid on it, hell noone else has yet and for that amount of money, its a damn good start

400ex and Rs have the chain on the same size.

i guess if you found a frame already set up for the motor you want. i would say do it. but if not i hope you are a good welder and fabricator.lol

mineralgrey01gt
01-18-2008, 07:43 PM
sorry about that, i meant on the yz426 engine and the 250r engine. I decided not to get it, it would be a serious money pit as I wouldnt hold back on it like I did on the 250r I just got done building