PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on kfx 450r

jdmcrx05
01-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I just got done reading the 450 shootout in the new atv sport magazine and there review of the kfx wasn't really bad but not really good is how they put it. They say the the seat is very hard which i already knew, but they also said that the suspension is very hard to and that the kfx was "down on power " compared to the other 450s. Would like to know your opinion on the bike before i go buy one, would like to know how it does on long trail rides as far as fatigue and such. I cant see it being that down on power. any input is appreciated thanx. ANDY

offroadhunter
01-16-2008, 10:23 AM
The quad has very restrictive air flow, needs Fuelatv air intake, dasa pipe & pciii..once you make these changes you will have a major change in the power..a seats a seat as far as i'm concerned, I find I do a lot of standing when I ride so its not noticible to me...I have no regrets and love my quad.

rider250ex
01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
I love my kfx. I raced a full season of mx on it when it was basically stock (mx tires, stem, nerfs, and rear rims). It did really good. The suspension was actually really go to me for stock. I weight 150 without my gear on so im a little light, it took a day or two to set it up where i liked it. The seat is a little hard, but thats a cheap fix. As for being underpowerd, it might be a little underpowerd compared to the rest of the 450's but its nothing major. There is plent of room to move around especially with the front fender extensions off. My only real complaint is that the seat height is a little high.