PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stones

chris46250r
01-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Anybody ever have them? I've been blessed with them for the past 7 or 8 years. I remember the first time and the nurse telling me that thats as close to a man will ever know what childbirth fells like. I dont know how true that is but I've gave birth to 15 of them little b@$tard kids. The last one being this weekend. I've had one taken out (it was to big to pass and in the wrong spot to bust), one busted and just passed 13 on my own power.

slvrhwk
01-16-2008, 05:39 AM
They suck bad. I think I've had somewhere around 15 (kind of quit counting) My first one was the morning after prom when I was 16. Luckily I haven't had one for the past couple years.

hardtrailz400
01-16-2008, 06:09 AM
I first found out I had them about 5 years ago. I went to my parents house cause it hurt so bad and laid down curled up in a ball until I finally had my mom drive me to the doc. They hurt worse than when a broke my shin.

54warrior
01-16-2008, 06:58 AM
A guy at work just had one and he described it just as you did, extreme pain!

mxdad
01-16-2008, 07:00 AM
I have had one and it hurt like a mofo!!!

I know a woman that has had one kidney stone and three kids and she says the kidney stones are worse!!!

CHAR250R
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Been there...done that. Lots of fun, ain't they? The one i had was so bad, I passed out. Talk about scary.

stumpleg
01-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Stay away from lots of soda and chocolate and you shouldn't have any problems. My dad had them and drank lots of mtn. dew. That will make someone that doesn't want them give up soda fast. Plus if you give that up, you'll be in better shape when it comes to racing.

bcg717
01-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I had my first one pass about a year and a half ago, They took an exray and found out there was one that was going to be to big to pass so three weeks later i went in and the blasted them out. Now i stay away from soft drinks, energy drinks, and sports drinks. Doc said i drank way to much gatorade. Worst pain so far.

Robin Hood
01-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Wow I thought I was the only one who had passed one at an early age. I passed one this year while I was at college and damn did that bugger hurt! At first I thought I had an UTI or something but I wasn't messin around with anyone else but the gf. The doc said he doesn't normally see 18 year olds come in with stones but it can happen. I drink too much milk anyway haha.:p

chris46250r
01-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Been there...done that. Lots of fun, ain't they? The one i had was so bad, I passed out. Talk about scary.

I've never passed out, even though I wished a couple times that I would. I'll have to say that I'm pretty good with pain but the stones have made me hurt so bad that I've thrown up and even just laid there and cried.

Robin Hood
01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I've never passed out, even though I wished a couple times that I would. I'll have to say that I'm pretty good with pain but the stones have made me hurt so bad that I've thrown up and even just laid there and cried.

Jeez, I'm glad mine wasn't that bad. I honestly didn't think anything of it until the day it released. I thought the pain in my lower back was just from sleeping in a bad position.

Kickstarts-suck
01-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I drink ALOT of coke.. :ermm:

Sure hope i never get one... :eek2:

282ex
01-16-2008, 01:06 PM
i had two at once (twins) when i was 8 years old...so 8 years ago, when i brought them to the doctor they said the medicine i was taking like a year before had calcified...

i hope i never have to go through that again though...those little buggers hurt like hell...but i drink a lot of soda so who knows...
oh yeah i only have one kidney so im especially prone to them, i guess thats why i had them at such an early age...

my88r
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
Stay away from lots of soda and chocolate and you shouldn't have any problems. My dad had them and drank lots of mtn. dew. That will make someone that doesn't want them give up soda fast. Plus if you give that up, you'll be in better shape when it comes to racing.

didn't know chocolate would cause them. i don't drink a lot of soda. maybe one a month. i drink a lot of water, Gatorade, green tea.

01 250exman
01-16-2008, 11:52 PM
wow that sounds like it would suck I would pass out no doubt! what do they look like rocks? :eek2: