PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura vs. White Bros. E-Series (Slip-On's)

Brauap
01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I am torn between the White Bros. E-Series and the Yosh RS3. I am looking for the quietest, but with the greatest gains! So, below could you please explain what you perfer and why. Also, pictures are always awsome!!!

Thanks!
Brauap

lorenjr83
01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
WOW! ever heard of google or any search feature for that matter.....

tman12345
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83
it's called a forum, you can ask questions and get peoples opinions, why does everybody rag on this kid, he's using the FORUM the way it is meant to be used.

Brauap
01-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by tman12345
it's called a forum, you can ask questions and get peoples opinions, why does everybody rag on this kid, he's using the FORUM the way it is meant to be used.

Thank you man! I try to listen to them.. but they have to learn, you can't learn nearly as much as you can learn off of these, and it is hard as hell to find when I am looking for on the these forums.. And almost every thread I make gets spammed by these guy..

AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HATE ME....

IF YOU DONT LIKE MY TOPICS, DONT CLICK ON THEM!

IF YOU DONT LIKE MY QUESTIONS, DONT READ THEM!

IF YOU DONT LIKE ME DONT COMMENT!

Thank you, and now that Im vented.. lol.. I feel, GOOD! :devil:

hornetgod13
01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83

:rolleyes:

XXXRACER165
01-15-2008, 07:12 PM
For slip on silencers you can't go wrong with White Brothers. Good/equal power gains & deff quieter than Yoshi.

400ex28
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
I hate the e-series, get the yosh.

XXXRACER165
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Why do you hate it?

08400EX
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
For slip on silencers you can't go wrong with White Brothers. Good/equal power gains & deff quieter than Yoshi.

XXXRacer,

You always seem to give great informative answers, but I find it hard to focus on them because of your avatar :devil:

XXXRACER165
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry :D

Pipeless416
01-15-2008, 07:28 PM

not with the 93 db insert, unless you're running two discs and the s/a. if you're running like that, then the yosh with the 93 db insert will still add more power. im not a fan of the e series, but yoshimura does make great pipes as far as fit, power, and appearance is concerned. price could be a major factor as well, as yoshi's are considerably more expensive.

Brauap
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
not with the 93 db insert, unless you're running two discs and the s/a. if you're running like that, then the yosh with the 93 db insert will still add more power. im not a fan of the e series, but yoshimura does make great pipes as far as fit, power, and appearance is concerned. price could be a major factor as well, as yoshi's are considerably more expensive.

You defently are making me want a Yoshi! I want a quiet exhaust.. that looks sweet, and that sounds like the Yoshi! But w/ the quiet core.. where could I get that? I couldn't find that on their site... please send me the URL.

Thank you so much man!

XXXRACER165
01-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

OK, the more surface area there is for exhaust to escape the better the flow. That also makes it louder but more powerful. So your probably right about the yoshi being a pinch quieter but for power WB has that little edge. You can only make an exhaust flow soo good at 93dbs

Pipeless416
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
OK, the more surface area there is for exhaust to escape the better the flow. That also makes it louder but more powerful. So your probably right about the yoshi being a pinch quieter but for power WB has that little edge. You can only make an exhaust flow soo good at 93dbs

i know that you always love whatever you run, but its not always the best. yoshi's are brought down to 93 db's by using a screen insert, but like an exaggerated screen type spark arrestor. however with the e series, the only way to get it that quiet is to seriously restrict its flow by running or or two discs, which only lets out a little bit of the flowing gas. this gives a very 'tunable' power curve, but it simply does not produce much more power over stock when it is that corked up. the yosh on the other hand uses a less restrictive concept to lower the sound output.

08400EX
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM

I am trying to keep my focus to the right of the screen so I can ask you this..

Do you (or anyone else) have an opinion on the newer WB E2 and XCR ??? I think the E2 is a fresh design (for a change) in exhaust design, but haven't seen or heard one yet.

BlasterEaten250
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
OK, the more surface area there is for exhaust to escape the better the flow. That also makes it louder but more powerful. So your probably right about the yoshi being a pinch quieter but for power WB has that little edge. You can only make an exhaust flow soo good at 93dbs The white brothers actually has about the same if not less power than stock when you have it running that quiet. I'm pretty sure the yoshi would be the one edging out the wb in their quietest forms.

(this is coming from a guy with an e series)

Wheelie
01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I just replaced my E-Series with a Yoshi. From my experience the E-Series was a piece of crap, loud and minimal power gains.

The Yoshi's build quality is much better, power gains are slightly better than the E-Series (from my SOTP feels, no dyno), and with the quiet core the Yoshi is very quiet. Remove the core and it has a good bark.

My 02. I've owned both.

Brauap
01-16-2008, 05:05 AM
Wow, I guess that the Yoshi won! Or is winning, and unless someone can really nudge me to the WB.. also, I dont mine saying up for a little for a quality product..

Also, I am going to get a FMF PowerBomb.. which makes it 2 dbs quieter.. but.. is it worth it?

You Guys.. Are Awsome!
Thanks!

XXXRACER165
01-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah I guess I'm not very much help when it comes to slip ons, but there full system (WB) helps my 440 come to life and make 43hp. I have tried almost all the pipes (Sparks, Duncan & Yoshi) full systems too, and they did not make as much power on my engine. So don't hate my advice, hate the price of these pipes.;)

NJ450rider
01-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Out of the two id take the Yoshi slip on.

If someone could name any id run an HMF sport series slipon with the quiet core insert. I have that on my 400ex and its not loud at all at 96db. plus it straight rips still.

Wheelie
01-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
a quality product..

Also, I am going to get a FMF PowerBomb.. which makes it 2 dbs quieter.. but.. is it worth it?

IMO--No.

FYI--Rocky Mountain sells a Yoshi full system for about $400, IIRC, a slip-on is about 330.

mittman
01-16-2008, 08:39 AM
GO FOR YOSH i used to have a yosh slip on but its now full system anyway it wasnt to loud but if you want to go louder you can just take out the spark arrester out thats what i did and i left mine out it had a nice sound it was good for waking up my neighbours espically the ones that hated me:devil:

Exrider434
01-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
Out of the two id take the Yoshi slip on.

If someone could name any id run an HMF sport series slipon with the quiet core insert. I have that on my 400ex and its not loud at all at 96db. plus it straight rips still.

yeah it makes it quiet, but it sounds like crap.....but then again it doesnt affect performance at all:blah:

Brauap
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok, I have a few more questions...

First off.. what the hell dose IMO mean?
Second.. What'd be better? Yoshi Full system or Yoshi w/ Powerbomb?

and Third.. how much if the adv. used yoshi off this site or ebay?

Thanks again!

Brauap
01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Where could I get the quiet core.. its not on their site.... atleast I couldn't find it.. :p could you please send me the URL...? :cool:

Thanks! (Man, and can I say thanks any more? lol)

Brauap
01-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I was looking on rockymountainatv.com at the reviews for the Yoshi full system and a majority or people said it was loud.. and I still can't find the quiet core.. :ermm:

lorenjr83
01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Description
The RS-3 is our original off-road exhaust system, and it has proven its value on the race track for years. With gains throughout the powerband, and the durability of high grade stainless steel header and mid pipe you cant go wrong with this system. This exhaust includes an easily removable 96db low volume insert, and heat insulated Yoshimura springs.

thats of there site retails for 545 thru them

Brauap
01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks, but my 2 main questions are...

1) Where can I find the 93 DB Quiet Core

2) Should I get the Yoshi Full or Yoshi and the FMF Powerbomb? and why

Wheelie
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
IMO--In My Opinion

The full system comes with the quiet core installed--you have to remove it if you want it louder. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Buy the Yoshi full--it's designed to work together for maximum performance. Also cost--Yoshi full--about 400. Yoshi and FMF--over 500.

Brauap
01-17-2008, 04:47 AM
Thanks man, guess what.. I'm gonna get a Yoshi! Full, instead of the slip-on! ;) Thanks again!:D

Ruby Soho
01-17-2008, 06:47 AM
this is what a full yoshi sounds like

i think it has the QC out but im not sure

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B6EVKQNEZfM