PDA

View Full Version : blaster leanin out

taylorman32
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I have a early 90 blaster, I keep havin a lean problem, the motor when i got it needed to be built. I bored it 40, bought a stock carb. installed 310 jet, dg exhaust, put it together and the new reeds broke causin it to melt down the piston scarin the cylnder. Went and bored it 80 ran it for 2 months with no problem. 2 weeks ago the reeds broke again, caught it in time so no piston problem, went on a trail ride this last weekend and it leaned out melted piston and scared the wall again. Tore it down found nothing wrong with reeds or carb. Motor never got hot. I keep good check on plug and it stays maroon to black in color. Also have milled head 40 and done some port work on it. Any help?

Modifly
01-22-2008, 03:22 PM
U runnin premix?

taylorman32
01-23-2008, 06:20 AM

Modifly
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
difficult one, the OK for 2 months throws me abit.. and what reeds and fuel are you usin? perhaps the fuel you use erodes away the reed? happend to me, i ran VP race fuel with super high octain and stuff on stock reeds and they snapped.

personally (and i have done it) I just think it is a case of you fuel and oil mix.. perhaps you put too little in.. but then it dosnt explain why it warmed up!

oh wait.. how long did it sit for?

perhaps (with some oils) they sit at the bottom, when you kick it over it would explain it not warming up properly, and then the fuel came through and didnt have sufficent oil for it to run correctly?

:huh

taylorman32
01-24-2008, 06:22 AM
vitos carbon fiber, runnin 87 octan, the prob i have with fuel is the same fuel gets poured into 2 more blasters every time i go ride.

Just sits thru out the week, gets rose just about every weekend, had been the past 4 weeks to this happening.

It ran great for the first 4 hours of our ride on this trip. We had made it back to the truck and had ate. We was headin out on another trail ride wen it popped

Modifly
01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
got you.

yano what, i think you can just put it down to being a blaster, clean it all out and fix it up and try again lol. :)

taylorman32
01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Thats what im gunna do. I just getn tired of watchin the other 2 blaster i ride with keep getting faster why i keep rebuild mine, but i keep on buildin it.