PDA

View Full Version : trouble trouble TROUBLE HELP!!!!!!

rnr568
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
okay here i go i have a 1987 frame with an 86 motor i blew my piston apart about 3 weeks go and rebilt my top end about a week and i half ago i went riding and blew the return elbow off the jug for some unknown reason could be old age no clue froze it slid it back in worked for a few days bike ran great than came back out than i went home put it back in than washed my bike than the next day i went out bike started 1st kick when i got into the woods ran good than i stopped on a hill and sat for a while started it up rode about 75feet and the bike shut down and now i cant get it running sometimes it will run for no more than 10sec and die. these is what i checked drained gas tank put new gas in, took carb apart a few times and cleaned it very good, has good spark, i flushed the radiator good, checked gaskets now im clueless HELP PLEASE no more headaches

Aceman
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Your typing sucks. I hate having to read something more than once just to try and understand what the f*** you're trying to say. Use punctation. There is a difference between a text message and a post.

Did you check for spark? Sometimes when coils heat up they quit sparking until they cool down again. Using a meter to check helps.

rnr568
01-15-2008, 06:01 PM
haha..... way to be an *******!!!!!!!!!! Yes i did check for spark. The quad/atv wont run long enough for it to get that hot..... Is that better for you professer....... =)

Aceman
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Good luck.

rnr568
01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
thank you buddy =) no need for him to say my typying sucks. if u wanted me to do it different just ask. dont be a dick about. you gave me crap and i gave it back man up and deal with it. its not liek i came here to start stuff or be mean to people i was covered it grease and just wanted to get it up asap, but oh well whatever

C-LEIGH RACING
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
You mean the elbow that the coolant hose hooks to at the back of the cylinder ??.

If thats what it was, then after all the times that has happened, it could be the engine has ran hot & lost compression.
Check the compression & let us know.
Neil

rnr568
01-16-2008, 04:15 AM
yea the elbow to the coolent hose coming off the back of the jug. i ckecked the compression and it came out to 190 give or take a few lbs.

honda380
01-16-2008, 07:19 AM
what aceman means is: the coil will get hot and stop working even when the bike isn't hot. its an electrical componet and they can heat up in very little time. mine did this before and only ran for about 40 seconds before it would quit and it would cool down enough to produce spark in the time it took to get the plug out of the head. try taking a coil off a buddy's 250r and testing it on yours or just buying one and trying it. you can never have too many parts for these money pits! Corey

rnr568
01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
i can only get the bike to run a few seconds. than it shuts down

the Z Man
01-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Reed valves..?

mineralgrey01gt
01-16-2008, 06:31 PM
yea maybe some of the reed pedals are bent and is sucking too much air

my88r
01-16-2008, 07:04 PM
yep, check them reed pedals out:macho

rnr568
01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
:( no good. i think its time to take her to the doctor its out of my hands now. thank all you guys for the help.

250R-Dee
01-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Did you try a known good coil? I have had problems where the motor would shutdown after the engine warmed up. I would have to let the coil cool down for an hoour before it would fire again. A couple times I got to ride for 20 or 30 minutes while troubleshooting the issue but the coil eventually failed completely. I didn't have a known good coil. When my new coil arrived from the US the motor jumped to life on the first kick!

rnr568
01-21-2008, 08:26 AM
no i didnt try that. i cant even get the bike to run long enough to warm up. now its to the point where it will run for about 3-5 seconds and dies. than i kick it again it alomst fires over than thats it.

250r4life
01-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by rnr568
thank you buddy =) no need for him to say my typying sucks. if u wanted me to do it different just ask. dont be a dick about. you gave me crap and i gave it back man up and deal with it. its not liek i came here to start stuff or be mean to people i was covered it grease and just wanted to get it up asap, but oh well whatever

i agree with aceman... im sure you'd love it if we answered your question in such a stupidly typed manner that you couldnt understand it...

if you want us to bother helping you out, take the time to write something that people can understand...

its a lot more likely you will get help...

rnr568
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
yea i think its time to grow up. that was the past. i fixed the way i was typing, so if your going to come and give me bs dont even reply to anything i say. im not here causing trouble. if you have a problem with the way i might not spell the best or phrase things correct, atleast be mature about it dont start off saying your typing sucks. im new to this forum stuff, but if you treat me like an *** your going to get it right back.