PDA

View Full Version : To keep or not

chevyman89
01-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a banshee with TCS rear MX shock (dual rate),
ITP rear 190 rims,rear razr tires,new top end 5-7 hours on it,Wiseco piston kit .20 over bore,K&N air filter,Barnett clutch,DID O ring chain, answer alumminum bars, nurf bars, newer brakes needles and seats replaced,new seals and bushings three shock covers. And i was wonder if I should keep it and put A-arms on it and front shocks, pipes and a 2 in 1 carb or 35 mils. Or should i sell or trade it for a 400ex, ltz kfx. I usally ride track but just for fun, Also do flat track racing dunes and drag racing.

Hondamaster5505
01-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by chevyman89
I have a banshee with TCS rear MX shock (dual rate),
ITP rear 190 rims,rear razr tires,new top end 5-7 hours on it,Wiseco piston kit .20 over bore,K&N air filter,Barnett clutch,DID O ring chain, answer alumminum bars, nurf bars, newer brakes needles and seats replaced,new seals and bushings three shock covers. And i was wonder if I should keep it and put A-arms on it and front shocks, pipes and a 2 in 1 carb or 35 mils. Or should i sell or trade it for a 400ex, ltz kfx. I usally ride track but just for fun, Also do flat track racing dunes and drag racing.

Ok, by reading your post, heres my opinion.

It sounds as if you do more TT, dunes, and drag. The banshee will be better at all of those. The only thing the banshee wont like is the track. You need some suspension upgrades for that.

But if you DO ride mainly TT/dune/drag, keep the banshee.

Heres a recomendation for a set-up.

-pipe system - We run FMF Fatty Gold Series with PowercoreII silencers, and it works excellent. We are very happy with them. Another recomendation is Toomey T6's.

-mill head - Were running it shaved 24 thousandths on pump but we've seen higher while runnign pump.

-2>1 carb - gets rid of the hassle of 2 carbs to jet, and easier to setup.

-elka/works shocks - Some of the cheaper yet excelent shocks.

-FullFlight a-arms - Only $360 with a lifetime warrenty. You bend em, they replace em.

Just those motor mods would wake your banshee up so much and make it unbelievably fast. You dont realize how much the stock motor is choked up until you get them

The suspension will help alot too in the handling department.

(PS: drop the front sproket to a 12-tooth. I have a speedo on my 400ex, and had it up to 60.5 with the room i had and my dads banshee still flew by me with the 12, so how much faster do you need?)

chevyman89
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Thhanks man i was woundering i want to do more mx and jumping actually cause i got jumps behind my house. I need a-arms and front shocks. I am thinking of going with tommey t-5s. I was woundering if that 2 into 1 carb u loose power thanks.

Hondamaster5505
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Thhanks man i was woundering i want to do more mx and jumping actually cause i got jumps behind my house. I need a-arms and front shocks. I am thinking of going with tommey t-5s. I was woundering if that 2 into 1 carb u loose power thanks.

For jumps- +2 arms, elka/works shocks, +2 axle.

Plus the motor mods above.

The 2-1 carb is actually supposed to gain power, like 20% bottom and 40% top.

Those sound exagerated, but my friend has it and it works good.

I personally dont like t5's. Everyone has them, and they feel like a mid-range pipe.
I favor the t6's and fatty's much more. Or DMC 916's if you can find em

chevyman89
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
How are the work shock for jumping the reason why i ask is because there so much cheaper then the elksa. And about the pipes the tommey t-6s are for stock banshee where mine has .20 and a going to putting on clamp on K&Ns and a cool head if i keep her, and the t-5 are for modded bikes.

Hondamaster5505
01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
How are the work shock for jumping the reason why i ask is because there so much cheaper then the elksa. And about the pipes the tommey t-6s are for stock banshee where mine has .20 and a going to putting on clamp on K&Ns and a cool head if i keep her, and the t-5 are for modded bikes.

By stock, it basically means mildly modded. Whereas the t5's are for maybe long-rod or ported engines.

Being your bike is .20 over, it doesnt matter. Displacement doesnt make a huge difference on 2-strokes as it does 4. And even then, a regular rebuild like that doesnt do much on either of them.

for shocks, alot of people think works are pretty good.
I would go remote rezzy dual-rate. Or triple-rate if you can afford it.

Hondamaster5505
01-16-2008, 07:04 PM
And I wouldn't bother with a cool head, I think they are a waste of money.

Unless your holding it WOT at the dunes all day, it's not necessary.

The Pro Design's are also known to leak over time.

If you do get one, get the nos ones. They have interchangable domes for different compression, and arent supposed to leak like the pro design.

chevyman89
01-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Thanks alot man i am problily going to go with a set of Fullflight a-arms with triple rate work shock with ressies. And for pipes most likey going to go with the t-5 the reason why I say that is I asked on that bansheehq wet site and thats what they recomended. Even with my mods. Would you happen to know if you have to gussit the frame on the bansee.

Hondamaster5505
01-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks alot man i am problily going to go with a set of Fullflight a-arms with triple rate work shock with ressies. And for pipes most likey going to go with the t-5 the reason why I say that is I asked on that bansheehq wet site and thats what they recomended. Even with my mods. Would you happen to know if you have to gussit the frame on the bansee.

Gusseting i couldnt help you with.

Ive never heard of banshee frames cracking, but gussets are always nice to have.

So if you think you should do it, go ahead.:D

chevyman89
01-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks alot man if u think of anything else I would need let me know man.

Hondamaster5505
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Actually, my dad has a set of red fullflight a-arms, but i dont know if he wants em.

If he doesnt put em on his bike, ill let ya know. You'd probably be better off buying them from ebay though.

chevyman89
01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Ya i probiley get the a arms off ebay cause I would rather black. I want to power coat my frame yellow with back nerf bars, black bumper, black a arms, black swing arms, black plastics and yellow and black seat cover.

What would i get more preformance from or would it be the same? 2 aftermarket carbs or a 2 into 1 carb and intake.

Hondamaster5505
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Ya i probiley get the a arms off ebay cause I would rather black. I want to power coat my frame yellow with back nerf bars, black bumper, black a arms, black swing arms, black plastics and yellow and black seat cover.

What would i get more preformance from or would it be the same? 2 aftermarket carbs or a 2 into 1 carb and intake.

the carb might add a lil more kick.

Id rather have it no matter what for the ease of maintence.

chevyman89
01-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Witch one the 2 into 1 set up or the other one

Hondamaster5505
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Witch one the 2 into 1 set up or the other one

2-1

My cousin and my friend are both running em. they work good.

chevyman89
01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
What other mods do they have to go with that carb. Also did they or you notice a lot of boost when they put that carb on.

Hondamaster5505
01-19-2008, 07:10 AM
What other mods do they have to go with that carb. Also did they or you notice a lot of boost when they put that carb on.

The one has FMF Fatty's, boost bottle, .20, and the 2-1 carb. He noticed a little gain, nothing major.

The other one bought his with one already. He has Toomey t5's, boost bottle, shaved head, and the 2-1 carb.

My dad has the same mods but w/o the carb and different pipes, and its faster than his^
I think its the pipes, plus the guy with the t5's isnt jetted that great.

So i say go for it!

chevyman89
01-19-2008, 03:18 PM
So who wins sorry i am confused it think that you mean your dad. Thanks so much man i really apreaciate the help.

Hondamaster5505
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
So who wins sorry i am confused it think that you mean your dad. Thanks so much man i really apreaciate the help.

Dads still wins.:D

to tell you the truth though, we think the banshee with the 2-1 carb is a lil on the tired side, and he isnt tuned that great. Whereas my dads is tuned perfectly with a fresh rebuild.

chevyman89
01-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Ya i noticed a big difference when i put a new topend on my girl. Before it remined me of a old ****ty 4poke no power what so ever. It was like night and day.

chevyman89
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
What size of a 2 into 1 carb should i get if i want to run t-5s, a cool head and mx port job. Hondamaster5505 what size is your buddies running.

Hondamaster5505
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
What size of a 2 into 1 carb should i get if i want to run t-5s, a cool head and mx port job. Hondamaster5505 what size is your buddies running.

to tell ya the truth, im not sure.

The one doesnt know because he bought the bike with it.

When i get a chance to talk to my cousin, ill ask him. Hes just running pipes.

Or, your best bet is to tell the place your buying it from your setup, and see what they recomend for size.

banshee84
01-26-2008, 02:27 PM
If you buy some +2+1 a-arms and shocks you r bike will handle great

Then if you get a -2" swingarm your bike will handle awesome. It will corner so easy and it will hook up 100x better than stock.

I run that setup and it is awesome.

chevyman89
01-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks man thats the plane soon as i get the money building a truck also