PDA

View Full Version : thyphoon motors/copies

lilman
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
i was refered to a dealer last night trying to clear up my motor questions.ANYBODY WHO CLAIMS THEY HAVE AN XTREME TYPHOON has been misled if you have a crank mounted clutch!
the real deal only comes with a trans mounted clutch ,no variations, crank mounted clutch not the real deal.I bought mine from a dealer in arizona and was told he has the real ones but he is full of #### .we also broke 4th gear and he said he canot warrenty that because he dosent know why it broke <55 -60lb kid 3rd day of riding!>ANY ONE with simular experiances with this should email or pm me this fellow is giving a great quad a bad name sub par engines and although he says they have warrenty when you need it he basically tells you to go to ####.i know i"ll only deal with cert dealers now .but this guy in arizona should be shut down !

Big Red Menace
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
There's been several posts and various things said about the clutches. And yet I'm still confused. I assume that we are talking about the 125 'cause I haven't seen 90 or 70 knockoffs. The 125 has dual clutches so there has to be a clutch on the crankshaft and one on the transmission mainshaft. If the knockoffs only have one, then there must only be a clutch on the crank? Like the 90 and 70 engines are. Can someone post pics or parts diagrams to clear this up once and forever?

lilman
01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
sorry i"m talking the 125 and yes i have only one clutch on the crank i will try and post some pics of it as it will be apart this weekend .can someone with a dual clutch engine post some pics as well? maybe xtreme will post them for us and we will all know for sure!

Ride1Rob
01-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Xtreme's have crank mounted clutches. I don't know who told you that the knockoffs are the one's with crank mounted clutches but apparently they're not familiar with the Xtreme motors on the 125's. Does your bike have the Vin # with the Xtreme tag on the front of the frame?

http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1084/10847482cda27c5bfe68acae394e8b57c20fd10.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=1084748&showlnk=0)

lilman
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
mine says fym manuf date 2007 -4
sorry to everyone if i"m beeing a pain in the but .i dont see any dif between the two, xtreme says they have a dual autoclutch can someone explain . if anyone has pics with the side cover off that would help i know i have one clutch one the crank thats it i hope i"m not the only one here that is curious about the differances

pbp40
01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
If you purchased your FYM Typhoon 125 from Tom At AZ ATV over the internet you do not have an xtreme typhoon. you have 1 crank mounted clutch and no hardened gears . the Xtreme version has a crank mounted clutch + a 4 plate clutch mounted on the main shaft & hardened gears.

markvette
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
you are correct the xtremes have the dual clutches. i put 10 of them together last year to run the monster truck shows. also have replaced the clutch disc in 4 or 5.

Mark

lilman
01-18-2008, 08:14 AM
thanks for the info ! can you explain the dual clutch so i know what to look for?'thankd

Ride1Rob
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
You said that your bike has FYM on the motor? Does the bike have any Xtreme decals anywhere on it? I'm willing to bet that this FYM is a copycat because I did some research today and found that FYM is a company in China that the founder actually designed the motor for Xtreme and SDG (whatever that is). FYM does not manufacture the Xtreme motor. They actually have a line of pitbikes that are called FYM and Miniquads (Looks like the Raptor 90 body) as well. On Xtreme's website they say nothing about FYM and the pics that I could see clearly have Xtreme on them. I think I'm going to give them a call Monday and see if I can find anything out about this. Maybe someone here knows :confused: .

markvette
01-19-2008, 08:42 PM
the factory in china that makes the typhoon also makes the copies as everyone calls them so actually they are the same quad. xtreme chose what motor they wanted in their quads so that is what the factory puts in them. the others sold at pep boys and other places they put other motors that they have in them. the guy that owns the factory in china now owns xtreme but lane the founder of xtreme still runs the company.. he bought his father out then sold the company to the factory owner.

Mark

CEOR
01-19-2008, 08:49 PM
FYM Mfrg. builds Xtreme's Typhoon for them, to their specs. They also have a different assembly line that produces the so called....
"Copy Cats". Seems they cheapened them up and slapped Xtreme's EPA (Carb) sticker on them to get them into the country for a while. Now I dont know what happened with Xtreme and the factory. But we now have to deal with bunch of crap out there that disgraces this little quad, and it's current marketing potential. I hate to say this, but you get what you pay for.

Now I hope Xtreme has got a handle on this, and is protecting their products name,quality, and duplication. It's not a great way to do business by taking an originally great idea and design. Give it to an outside source to botch it up so bad, and confuse the customers.

ww228king
01-19-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.atvswholesale.com/atv-125cc-oil-cooled.html

that right there is a fake...
they have dropped the price from $1,300 to $699 in 2 months...

CEOR
01-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I just seen the exact same copy today while I was out. They called it the "Mastive". Had a different manufactures names, and EPA (Carb) sticker. Along with some weird vacuum operated PCV recovery system. Now this bike came with a manual clutch 124cc motor. Pretty cheap price. I'm sure we'll be hearing about problems with these as well.

ww228king
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
you mean this fake

http://www.venommotors.com/products/atv/m125/m125.php

CEOR
01-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Yep, thats the one.

Ride1Rob
01-20-2008, 07:09 AM
This came to my attention because Xtreme is getting bad publicity for copycat bikes breaking down and being thought that they're Xtreme bikes. Before I got my sons bike a guy was telling a friend of mine to stay away from them because they were crap. I soon found out that the crap bikes were the Costco/Pepboys bikes. Many of those bikes were being bought at Monster truck shows and falling apart in front of the audience and giving a bad name to the Xtreme bike. My son has close to 40hrs on his bike and the only problem we've had were with the clutches. I don't know, hopefully we won't have any motor issues anytime soon. But that was something that came to my mind and I did some online research.

CEOR
01-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Let me back up for a minute.
I guess when we're dealing with overseas manufacturing companies (china). Something is lost in the translation of a proprietary product contract. (Or was there never one drawn up ?) It seems that once they had their foot in the door "so to speak", they felt this particular contract did'nt apply to them. Thus, providing a far unsuperior product than the "Xtreme brand Typhoon". It definitely shows in the quality that went into the cheapened versions that are plaguing the market today.

Now, hopefully FYM/Xtreme, (Really dont know who owns who?)
has thier product under control. It's difficult to campaine a bike
when you cant get a straight answer on the inconsistencies of it's marketing, and manufacturing quality control.

Hopefully the all new aluminum version of the Typhoon will set itself apart from the rest of the steel copy cat versions out there.

All I can say for now is, "buy Xtreme, you get xtreme. Buy something other than that, and prepare yourself for problems!

Jaybird
01-20-2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.venommotors.com/products/atv/m125/m125.php

Anybody else notice the lower a-arms on that one? Would like to have a pair of those.
Brian

lilman
01-20-2008, 11:53 AM
good eye man! there is another nock off by nst that has the shock mount on the correct side if the a arm

ww228king
01-20-2008, 12:15 PM
also look at the hoods

Jaybird
01-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Yea saw that. Swinger is different also.

bennyrae
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
sorry guys, but i like the front fender and a arms on this one, and for all you haters out there the pep boys quad is the same as the extreme other than the engine

Jaybird
01-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm not hating at all. I like the arms on the copy bettter. If I was gonna buy one new I would buy a knock off and order a lifan 140 from t-bolt usa and be done with it. The clutch will slip and the crank will break in the xtreme 125's as soon as it starts getting rode hard anyway.
700$ for the knock off and 400$ for a Lifan 140 and have a killer little bike to build on.
Brian

Ride1Rob
01-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bennyrae
sorry guys, but i like the front fender and a arms on this one, and for all you haters out there the pep boys quad is the same as the extreme other than the engine

No ***** Sherlock! That's what the problem is with these bikes is that the motors on them are crapping and their giving the Xtreme's a bad name. It's not that anyone is hating on them, it's that peeps are having problems out of them and being thought of as Xtreme bikes.

And as far as the comment about as soon as a 125 gets ridden hard something is going to break. My son has been riding his bike and jumping it since day 1. When he first got it he used to hold the shift lever up and rev the engine and take off to similate letting out on a manual clutch. The only problem that brought was clutch slippage. He rides MX and jumps his bike and no problems whatsoever. So maybe it's either older versions falling apart or copies :confused: . But the 07 we have has been holding up fine.

Jaybird
01-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe the crank in yours is made of good metal. Ours is made out of recycled soup cans I guess.

bennyrae
01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
WOW, somebody needs their Pamprin, I have read a bunch about "EXTREME" typhoons with crank failures! I bought one of the Storms from Pep boys, and I am very happy with it. My daughter doesnt race so should be fine for us. If I could buy one of these Mastiffs for a pitbike for me, I will.

ww228king
01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Ok..I dont have an extreme, but i have looked at a few...I just want to ask...dosn't the motors look like Honda motors?

If they are all mounted the same, then why not jsut get an old Honda 125 4trax and bore it...i know they never came with a clutch, but they ran good and we rode the **** out it and never broke down...just the plastics broke all the hell....and teh 4 trax was alot heaver, and so was the riders...try 170LBS grown men..lol..just a question that i have been meaning to ask you guys....

Jaybird
01-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I think it will bolt right up. It would run forever. My neighbor had an ATC 110 that probably never had an oil change and had tons of hours on it and was under water several times. I had thought about doing that untill I bought the Lifan. The Lifan seems pretty well built. Runs much smoother than most of the china motors Iv'e seen.
FWIW I was changing the oil on my nephews YAMAHA ttr50 and guess what is stamped on the motor. Made In China! Also looks like that motor would bolt up.

Ride1Rob
01-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Jaybird
Maybe the crank in yours is made of good metal. Ours is made out of recycled soup cans I guess.

I don't know and I've been asking myself when is this thing going to take a crap (lol). It's not a real biggie to me because I can rebuild it myself if I have to. But as hard as Jam is riding this bike it has held up nicely. I'm still waiting for something to break...

No footer
http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1108/1108200a75bcfb96abfc67f3c1ca440d4d92522.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=1108200&showlnk=0)

http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1108/1108199f74d7d79dcff41b83098f4a8449b8b37.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=1108199&showlnk=0)

http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1108/110819818fb1d0403e631cc80554daf4213b087.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=1108198&showlnk=0)

http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/948/948500709c714e0ed2d6be6b7ad570edcaaf4e.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=948500&showlnk=0)

ww228king
01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
i was just thinking....when i first seen the extreme...i had thought..here comes another honda knock off.....then i never heard of anybody swapping the motors out for a Honda....just from my experiance...the old Honda four trax 125 was a tank..it was a neighborhood rat quad....we all gave it hell....and it never quit...sometimes 3 kids on it just giving it hell.....remember people.. this was 15 years ago....or more..lol.. I had a 125 3 wheeler too...that never quit and we gave it hell too...the only thing that we had problems with was the brakes....i just remembered...i gave that 3 wheeler to my grand dad like 6 years ago to ride around his farm...it still runs....a 1985 model and never had a rebuild...and still runs today...

not knocking the extreme at all, but i want one later on for my son, but i want a Honda motor in it.....no clutch, but shift...

Ride1Rob
01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Jaybird
I think it will bolt right up. It would run forever. My neighbor had an ATC 110 that probably never had an oil change and had tons of hours on it and was under water several times. I had thought about doing that untill I bought the Lifan. The Lifan seems pretty well built. Runs much smoother than most of the china motors Iv'e seen.
FWIW I was changing the oil on my nephews YAMAHA ttr50 and guess what is stamped on the motor. Made In China! Also looks like that motor would bolt up.

I also had that idea about bolting a Honda up to it. Wondered why no one else ever said anything about it.

Funny that you mention the Yami motor has made in China on it. The research that I did yesterday said Yamaha was one of their major customers. They say that Extreme is one of their major customers but that's Extreme with an E and not the X. Maybe it's a typo error. Here's a link... http://fymmoto.en.ec21.com/

Here's another link to some of their quads... Doesn't the 90 and 125 blue bikes look like the Raptor 90 plastics?
http://fymmoto.en.ec21.com/product_list.jsp?group_id=GC01110536&group_nm=Emark(EEC)_ATVs

ww228king
01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
mighty funny looking.....might wanna watch this one

http://www.arizonaatvs.com/

ww228king
01-20-2008, 05:52 PM
this seems weired///
http://www.typhoon110.com/

ww228king
01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
huummm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XSPORT-JUNIOR-QUAD-FYM-125-QUAD-ATV-X-SPORT-2007_W0QQitemZ150204811647QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36628 QQcmdZViewItem

Ride1Rob
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
WOW! That's weird that there are so many of these bikes out with different names. This is much bigger than what I thought :ermm:

ww228king
01-20-2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.autozpider.no/fym_atv/cms/461

ww228king
01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
http://www2.chileautos.cl/auto.asp?codauto=273314

Would the real Typhoon please stand up!!!!

bennyrae
01-20-2008, 09:02 PM
boy it apears extreme sold out just in time!!

JBOYZ
01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
extreme may have sold out
But... XTREME has not sold out.......

JBOYZ
01-22-2008, 10:34 AM
extreme may have sold out
But... XTREME has not sold out.......

Where did you get this idea from???

markvette
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Russellville, AR, March 15th, 2007: Xtreme Motor Company is proud to announce its merger with MVP Enterprises, Inc., a small engine and power tool manufacturer for over 10 years. Both companies are excited to join forces to bring you improved products and services.

What will happen to the products Xtreme provides? Absolutely nothing. We will continue to offer the same high quality bikes and ATVs you now sell. However, we are now offering other great products, including WEN Power Tools, one of the oldest and most trusted brands in tools.

MVP/ Xtreme will continue business as usual with our Administrative, Technical and Parts offices all remaining in Arkansas along with our current team of employees. The Corporate office, together with 100,000 square foot warehouse, will be located in Chicago. In addition, MVP/Xtreme now has a dedicated staff in China, working to provide accurate and productive overseas communication.

“This merger means we can continue to give the same fast, responsive service and dedication that you’ve come to know from Xtreme” says, Layne Smith, Executive Vice President of Motorsports Division. “But, we’ll now have an enhanced system-with combined resources that allow for low prices, more inventory, and additional research and design capabilities.”

Feel free to contact Amy Davis at Xtreme Motor Company with questions or for more information.

PO Box 1779, Russellville, AR 72811 Toll Free Phone: (888) 844-9440 www.XtremeMotorCo.com

JBOYZ
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Didn't know you were talking about last years merger - it was posted as if Xtreme recently sold out...

Big difference between a merger & a sell out - and this merger was a year ago....

Just had me lost.....lol

markvette
01-22-2008, 12:21 PM
read into it what you want, they were sold out but layne still runs the company.

Ride1Rob
01-22-2008, 12:31 PM
That's not a saleout! When Kawasaki and Suzuki merged a few years ago that wasn't considered as such was it?

JBOYZ
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
And we are debating something that happened a YEAR ago?

lol....

:rolleyes: :confused: :macho :confused: :rolleyes:
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

bennyrae
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
sorry guys, I had read that they sold their intrests to FYM, I am not hating on EXTREME, I was simply saying that (if they had sold) it was just in time cause our good friends across the pond are going to flood the market with "look a likes"
Sorry, didnt mean to rile anyone up

JBOYZ
01-22-2008, 04:51 PM
No Problem...

I really don't think the "copy-cats" are going to hurt Xtreme. I ordered a copy-cat just to check it out. Not too bad of a machine - but there are no hop-ups available for their motors and none of these companies have parts. Many (not saying all), but many of these companies selling the copy-cats don't know the difference from a tie rod & intake manifold - but I am sure they may have a muffler bearing & canute valve in stock....lol

With Xtreme, you get a complete microfische for your quad with parts to be had - and a tech department that knows what they are talking about.... and hop-ups.......

Ride1Rob
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JBOYZ

With Xtreme, you get a complete microfische for your quad

FROM WHERE? I've been asking for one of those for months...

JBOYZ
01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
pay your dealer a visit - he has it....
I do....

hanzito
01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
i have a typhoon i bought for my son last year. i bought it in april. He has been ridding and racing it since then motocross and flat track. i have been plagued by a clutch problem since day one. never could get it fixed right. It kicks thourgh 9 times out of 10. But on the one time it catches it usually starts. as long as it has been started recently it will start in one kick. Then the starter grenade its self taking out the whole plate that bolts to the side of the motor. that was a major pain in the ars to repair. Had i known what i was going to have to do to fix it i would have replaced it with a pitster pro motor at that time. But now i am waiiting for the motor to die. I just found out yesterday that there is now a auto clutch that i can put on a pitster pro motor to convert it to a auto clutch. So i think that will happen in the near future.

snowfighter
01-26-2008, 03:33 PM
the mastiff is what i purchased for my son he has been racing it all winter and the issues we have had have been all self inflicted the frame has held up well i have been real happy with my purchase so far. we do run a gpx motor though i ran the original without oil. and the silly egr valve jobby these guys put on the original was a pathetic excuse for a head breather the engine that came on the quad was a 14mm pin 54x54 bore/stroke that thus far i have been unable to locate a piston/cylinder for.

btw im not claiming this quad to be as good or better than xtreme just what i have personaly expierienced with it

"its all about the kids" good luck, have fun, race hard and god bless
i hope i get this picture right

i would like to thank
tboltusa, cat5motorsports,fcrsuspension,adamsperformance and mr giddings for their support

snowfighter
01-26-2008, 03:42 PM
try this one. and for more photos goto www.hotrodsmxracing.com
and here is links to pro picture taker http://www.motolenzphotos.com/photos/hr/r3/29/page_01.htm
http://www.motolenzphotos.com/photos/hr/opener/20/page_01.htm

lilman
02-06-2008, 06:15 PM
6 races on it now! believe it or not no trouble. and you can order the hi comp piston from extreme i had to bore the sleave to jam it in ,i set it at 2tho clearance i also installed the cam from extreme we took all holeshots starting the races as well.i can see trouble soon with the shocks though when he starts to jump some more it will hit hard although it is still seems way better than anything else stock to stock,we will install the perf motor this summer when he wants more power the tranny gears also fit th copys they come on the shaft for the dual clutch but just remove the shaft and use the one out of the motor i swapped all gears over on the hopped up motor as it had broke 4th gear ,maybe they arent haredened? anybody think its ok if the clucth slipps a little? maybe this will save the cranks something has to give if the kids land wfo! our seems to give up some when i"m on it ,the boy dosent notice and as i say we took all holeshots maybe some give will save the cranks?

asohagan
05-13-2008, 10:54 PM
the one i have is tagged xtreme on the front of the frame on the left side and a second tag says manufactured for baja, my son races circle track, cross country and we ride the sand alot. we ride about 10 hrs a week on the short side. he got it 5 months ago from pep boys. and the local xtreme dealer is responsible for warranty work. so is this a cheap copy or what? when i did my research all of the pep boys atv were new in crate 2006s and the owners manual showed xtreme typhoon 125 . it has the oil cooler and all, i am getting confused

so what is it that i have?

lilman
05-14-2008, 09:50 AM
is your clutch adjusting near the kickstarter or more towards the crank? if its back by the kickstarter its an xtreme motor if its forward near the crank is a knockoff motor the chassis is the same if your nerf bars are attached to the frame bot run under the frame i have both motors and just installed the xtreme motor with hi comp piston and cam we only got 8 laps before the crank broke but it di really fly! i am installing the knockoff motor for the weekend the sprockets and swing arm apear to be much better quality on the chassis with the nerfs attached to the frame not under the frame but the a arms are better on the cheapo frame
either way take your pick i would sujjest the real frame we r racing the southern series here and they take alot of upkeep i also see the other dads wrenching on all brands as well if you race you need to fix

hanzito
05-14-2008, 07:18 PM
i finally gothte gpx125 with the 146 big bore kit into my sons typhoon. wow what a difference. i also shavet eh flywheel 5 oz. it rips now. the first time he tried to ride it on the pavement at the house after i put hte motor in it he pulled a wheelie from a stand stil. it was his first time with a man clutch. he reved it to about half throttle and poped the clutch. i likes it alot. i am int he procces of taring it down to gusse the frame, powder coat and put black plastics with monster graphics on it, and elka shocks. i am debating between porting the head and putting a cam int it or just getting him one of the new yx150 motors. i have the 150 motor in my pitbike and holy crap it rips.

michell623j
08-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I have a question for lilman. The guy you bought your fake Xtreme off of in Arizona, by some chance was his name Tom Lanning from Arizona ATVs. I bought what I thought was a 2009 Xtreme Typhoon from this guy for my 6 year old son and it only lasted 10 days and he said he had a 2 year Factory Warranty on it when I bought it but lied about everything. If this was the guy you was dealing with please contact me by email. michell_623j@yahoo.com.

guenther
08-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by michell623j
I have a question for lilman. The guy you bought your fake Xtreme off of in Arizona, by some chance was his name Tom Lanning from Arizona ATVs. I bought what I thought was a 2009 Xtreme Typhoon from this guy for my 6 year old son and it only lasted 10 days and he said he had a 2 year Factory Warranty on it when I bought it but lied about everything. If this was the guy you was dealing with please contact me by email. michell_623j@yahoo.com.

michell623j what happened to the quad? Did you get in writing that it had a 2 year warranty? What is he saying to your problems?

michell623j
08-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I purchased a 2007 90cc Xtreme Typhoon from the Xtreme company in Arkansas last July. It runs great but all the gears broke in it . I also bought a 2007 FYM from Tom Lanning @ Arizona ATVs off of Ebay, (that he told me was suppose to be a 2009 Xtreme Typhoon) last month that only lasted 10 days. so I'm needing a new motor for both of them.
Can anyone help point me in the right direction. My 6 year son is heart broken.

guenther
08-18-2010, 08:12 PM
We need more info. What exactly happened to it and what is Tom at Arizona ATVs saying?

michell623j
08-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by guenther
We need more info. What exactly happened to it and what is Tom at Arizona ATVs saying?

The gears locked up in 1st gear after 10 days of receiving the quad and Tom will not honor the the 2 year Factory Warranty he said it has because he doesn't know what exactly broke it. He is telling me my 6 year old son that weighs 50 pounds was not the one riding it when it broke. He is calling me a liar when he is the one that is full of s***.

Ride1Rob
08-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I think that's the guy that I spoke to a few weeks ago about getting some extra parts for our Typhoon. He had no idea what the sprocket/axle carrier was and asked me to send him a pic. I sent him the pic and he tried to tell me we had a knockoff lol. I told him it was the real Typhoon and he basically tried to tell me again it was a knockoff. I went out in the garage and read him all the bike info off of the frame and he asked, "Why does your swingarm look like that?" "That's not a Typhoon!" I asked him, "Have you ever heard of aftermarket parts?" Showed me right there he was clueless. He does offer spare parts for your broken Typhoon parts. But that's BS he doesn't back his warranty on an assumption. And really doesn't suprise me.

Michell, let me know what you want to do and we'll get you on a nice durable powerplant ;) .

michell623j
08-20-2010, 08:54 PM
[
lilman told me you was the guy to go to to help me get my quad fixed. My son races motocross during spring and summer and races flat tracks in the fall. I need a durable motor that will last. Can you help me. I hear your son has a bad a** race quad and lilman told me I should put what you have on you sons quad. No, he will not back the 2 year Factory Warranty he told me I had when I purchased it. The BBB of Arizona told me to file a complaint with the Attorney General of Arizona. I have been through several steps so far to try to make sure he doesn't do this to anybody else.
Sorry, I got of track on the subject on the quad. I would really appreciate any help you can give me to get my sons quad going again.

Thanks,

michell623j
08-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Let me know what kind of motor I need to get if you would please and where to get it from. [

QUOTE]Originally posted by michell623j
[B][
lilman told me you was the guy to go to to help me get my quad fixed. My son races motocross during spring and summer and races flat tracks in the fall. I need a durable motor that will last. Can you help me. I hear your son has a bad a** race quad and lilman told me I should put what you have on you sons quad. No, he will not back the 2 year Factory Warranty he told me I had when I purchased it. The BBB of Arizona told me to file a complaint with the Attorney General of Arizona. I have been through several steps so far to try to make sure he doesn't do this to anybody else.
Sorry, I got of track on the subject on the quad. I would really appreciate any help you can give me to get my sons quad going again.

Thanks,

michell623j
08-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I have been doing some research on some motors and I was wondering if a 124cc GPX 4 UP Tranny engine from TBOLT is a good motor to get or a PIRANHA 125cc engine kit from Fire Power Minis. Please email me at michell_623j@yahoo.com

Ride1Rob
08-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Ever hear the saying, "You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make it drink?" I've done all I can do... Been there, done that with TBOLT and won't say anything negative. I'll leave it at that....

My 1st and ONLY choice is down below. FirePower;)!!!

Thanx for the compliments on our bike btw :cool:

jmorrison1100
12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
FYM and Xtreme are the same. I have both the 90 and 125 Typhoons and they have FYM stickers and Xtreme frame plates. If it says FYM on it Its probably an a Xtreme. Thats what mine say on it and i know there Xtreme bikes.

lilman
12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
yes the chassis is identical on the fym and real extreme . i bought one from a guy in arizona as well and he has no clue and does not back his so called warrenty. but the ones with fym stickers have differant engines the fym does not have the crank mounted clutch you can tell where the adjuster nut is. if its up front by the crank its a extreme engine if it is back and just above the tip of the rear brake its a fym. < i actually had better luck with the fym engine lol> i bought a extreme built up engine and got 1 lap out of it . and they wouldent back it. live and learn i guess . i would go the firepower way too.

jmorrison1100
12-20-2011, 03:18 AM
My adjustment nut is right in line with the crank. Do you still have the motor? I might be intrested in it. Im also looking for ways to make both the 90 and 125 faster. I know there is a way to make the 90 into a 4 speed but dont know where to get the instructions on how to do it and what i would need as in parts, someone said all you do is flip the gear around and that does it but i wold like to know how to do it more clearly. Also i see on ebay that there are CDI boxes that stop the rev limiter and advance the timing to let it run faster and there only 20.00. If anyone has info please let me know.
Thanks

bigdaddy77
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey jmorrission1100 I sent ya a pm . If anyone is looking for typhoon parts or motor parts call or pm me. 618-975-7303