PDA

View Full Version : new bars

ldizzle_sks
01-15-2008, 11:04 AM
I need new handlebars. Whats a good aftermarket bar that is the same or close to stock? Also were to buy?

drew416ex
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
How much do you want to spend? I like my tag x5 bars but would love to get some tag t2 but dont have the money. I got mine from rockymountainatvmc.com

trx400EXtreme
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
you could always buy a set of renthal standards. i love mine. very strong. only like 56 bucks or something. mines been rolled a couple times on these bars and they are still like new.

ldizzle_sks
01-15-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.motoworldracing.com/Tag-Metals-X5-Bars.html
price doesnt concern me really, just want some good bars that are close to stock. Those bars have a cross pad bar , does the key/neutral/reverse light thing fit under them, thanks

trx400EXtreme
01-15-2008, 02:54 PM
sorry meant 65 bucks. heres a pic of em'.

ldizzle_sks
01-15-2008, 03:03 PM
those look good, did u move your key/lights?

trx400EXtreme
01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
nope there still on top the headlights. i did remove the red cover the goes over the bars and install a billet clamp. the stock clamps will work though as well as the cover.

EDIT: diddn't relize you had an 07. not sure about the key and lights. relocating them isn't that hard though.

drew416ex
01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
As far as i know it will fit. There is more space between the cross bar and the bottom than the picture makes you believe. I have a 2001 so i dont have that stuff on my bars, its over the headlight.

400sEXridr
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
i love my tag x5 bars

Mellow Yellow
01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
If you can't get the plastic to work on the new bars, ModQuad makes a billet top clamp with the holes for lights and key switch. I think I got mine from motosport.com.

BossHogg420
01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I love my pro tapers atv mids...fit perfect and I'm 6'2". I just zipped tided my ignition to the clutch cables and the lights to my brake cables as a temp fix....It works completely fine....I'm not exactly sure where I want to mount on the plastics, each spot I've looked at has to many con's to the pro's...so i might just keep em zipped tided. has anyone else relocated to the plastics. I was thinkin under the reverse nob but I'm afraid the rough terrian I ride on, something might rip it out or the cables melt due to the temp from the oil cooler and engine. if u go with the pro tapers get em from gopartsdirect.com bars with the mounts where like 90 bucks with free shipping. and it was at the house in 4 days!

gcart2
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
you could always buy a set of renthal standards. i love mine. very strong. only like 56 bucks or something. mines been rolled a couple times on these bars and they are still like new.

x2 i have em.
1 complaint... they were red and now... they turned pink lol
they are great bars, had em so long they have faded (obviously).
However, 1 thing i dont get; i have rolled goin fast, rolled on concrete, did the crazy hi speed flips were it looks like the motor and plastics are all gonna be slung off/out and never bent the bars... then i roll it recently in a pasture because i got up on two wheels going around a cone and lost it and she easily rolls up on the side.. bend em a little.. what the heck?? lol they are getting old but hey out of 5 stars they get all 5.

BluBeaSSt
01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I have Pro-Taper SE Handlebars and love them :D