PDA

View Full Version : need new tires

jason_david1
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
im in the market for some new tires. i have always ran razr and i love them. what do you guys think of the i razrs? i dont want itp the couple sets i have had were no good. any other ideas would be appreciated.

fmftrx300ex
01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Well i love my love my holeshots but umm ya iv never tried rzrs so? if you like them why change?

kawiefan
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Get another set of razrs. I have them on all 3 quads and love 'em.

Dirtiredneck
01-18-2008, 11:45 AM
IRazrs are nice, but you will be buying new ones before you know it and they are $$$ I will be selling an almost new full set of ITP GNCC's in the next couple of weeks if you are interested..

TRX450RACER174
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Dirtiredneck
IRazrs are nice, but you will be buying new ones before you know it and they are $$$ I will be selling an almost new full set of ITP GNCC's in the next couple of weeks if you are interested..

Why do you say that ? I have I-RAZR's and have excellent tread wear on them and they are no more than any other heavy duty 6ply tire.

Dirtiredneck
01-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Running GNCC'S I have seen peope go through IRAZR rears in a couple of races. A lot of people know that they are known for a Great Mud tire, but are soft and don't really have much tread on them...

Chino886
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
What kind of terrain are you running?

MX/XC? What size do you want?

Then you might get more answers...........from me at least! ;)

Dr89
01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
dirtiredneck you pm'd me about the kenda radials but your box is full so here's what i can tell ya. anything else you wanna know just pm me back.

the kenda radials are absolutely awesome for what your talking about, great wear...excellent in the trails, mud, rocks, roots, muddy hills...they never got me stuck i loved them in every condition. you were asking about the knarly HT's and they're also great, my second favorite only because they dont have as much side bite, they will last forever though. i have the holdeshot hd's right now and i would never waste money on holeshots....ever....but i got these for free so they're ok for now. all of the tires you asked me about i like much better than the razrs so if i were you i'd go in one of the directions you were looking in. the razrs just dont compare to the either of the kenda's i've had.

btw the radials went a good year without much sign of wear at all and ZERO punctures...i also had them at the badlands (sand) and they were great.

TRX450RACER174
01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Dirtiredneck
Running GNCC'S I have seen peope go through IRAZR rears in a couple of races. A lot of people know that they are known for a Great Mud tire, but are soft and don't really have much tread on them...

That's funny cause i run these in my desert G.P. races and for desert riding and mine are not wore anymore than my Holeshot mxr4'S that i race on the track with.

Dirtiredneck
01-19-2008, 06:50 AM
DR89:

Thanks for the reply and the info on the Kendas :) I will be persuing them soon.

TRX450:

Your dessert racing has got to be a differnt terrain then the XC races we run, because most people running the Maxxiz tires usually mostly run Razr or razr2 rears in 60-70% of the races and run the Irazrs in extreme muddy conditions. The rocks, roots and hard surfaces in the woods wear them down much faster then the other Maxxis tires. This is coming from all sorts of XC riders including the Pros.

jason_david1
01-19-2008, 07:08 AM
i am just looking for a set of new tires to do all around riding with. i am planning on 21" fronts and 20" rears. i have heard alot of good things about kenda. that is also another option i guess.

trx400EXtreme
01-19-2008, 07:43 AM
i run the razr-razr2 combo. razr's in rear...razr2's in front. the rears are very nice tire. the wear on them is virtually identical. the front i am VERY impressed. the are SUPER knobby, tough as nails(6 ply), and hook up everywhere you put them.

yfzrider45
01-19-2008, 07:55 AM
I run the holeshot mxr6's all around on my yfz.....the mxr4's r crap cuz they ware down faster IMO....Oh and i dont think this makes a diffrence but i have hiper's all around too, maybe it changes sutn idk lol, but my mxr6's lasted a race season, n still look around 80% tread.....(and i dont ride on roads, and dont spin them on street :p )